Chen x Kris x Luhan, 'Comparisons.'

Play, Stop, Rewind : EXO Ficlet Collection

ASKBOX CHALLENGE: Chen x Kris x Luhan and the prompt is 'Comparisons.'

-

It normally took Wu Fan a long time to fall asleep. He could have been running around the whole afternoon, or he could have lazed the day away, but his mind was always too quick to shut down for sleep once he got into bed.

It did help to have company, however. Jongdae was curled up against one side, sharing his pillow, while Lu Han was on the other, legs brushing against one another. It was a nightly ritual now, to link hands with their leader as they got ready for bed. At first, Wu Fan wasn’t so keen on the idea, but the warm feeling it gave him was welcomed, and he eventually accepted it.

They were positioned that way now, like clockwork, with Jongdae having been the first to fall asleep after nestling his head against Wu Fan’s shoulder. He heard Lu Han’s breathing even out soon after, and once again it was him and his thoughts.

He lifted his arms just a little above his face, looking at their hands intertwined. The other blond stirred, but did not wake. In the dim light, Wu Fan focused his attention on their interlocked digits. In comparison to Jongdae’s and Lu Han’s, Wu Fan’s hands were monstrous - long, broad, with blunt fingertips and perfectly smooth nails. His knuckles were sort of dry, he noticed; he’d have to take care of that first thing in the morning.

Entangled with his left hand were Jongdae’s fingers. His hands were small, delicate almost. His fingers were thin and graceful, but shorter in ratio to his palm, at least compared to Wu Fan’s. His skin was thinner, his veins more prominent, with a wrist bone that peeked out easily.

Lu Han’s hands had a little more substance to them, slightly thicker and longer. They were soft, too, and Wu Fan found himself running his thumb along the smooth plane on the back of his companion’s hand. He noticed that Lu Han’s skin was more sensitive, because when he turned his head to look at the elder blond, he was smiling a little in his sleep.

But, despite all the details, he thought that their hands were perfect for each other, all three of them. He was their leader, their protector, and could hold them to keep them safe and strong. Wu Fan squeezed his grip on both of the other boys’ fingers and lowered his hands back to his sides. He closed his eyes with a long, calm exhale. Warm and comforted by his thoughts, Wu Fan finally drifted off to sleep.