Listening

Play, Stop, Rewind : EXO Ficlet Collection

Listening

Kris/Lay fluff from a while ago just because I love these two

 

 

Wu Fan was exhausted after a day of meetings and schedules, and all he wanted to do was relax. He plopped himself onto the plush sofa in the dorm’s living room and the TV. There wasn’t really anything good on at this time of night, but when Yixing decided to join him, the younger insisted on a new K-drama and Wu Fan wasn’t going to put up a fight.

As the night went on, Yixing slid closer and closer to Wu Fan, eventually slipping a leg over the elder’s lap and cuddling into his chest. Wu Fan felt his eyes drooping shut on more than one occasion; the drama on TV failed to capture his attention anymore. It was probably time to finally call it a night.

“Hey, Yixing, I think I’ll —”

“Shh!” Yixing shushed him and nuzzled closer.

“What? This show isn’t even that good.” Wu Fan dropped his voice to a whisper, but distaste nearly dripped off the end of his sentence. “How can you even see?”

Shh!” The younger reached up to cover his duizhang’s mouth. “Gege, I’m listening to your heartbeat, and I can’t hear it if you’re talking.”

“Eh?”

“I like it.” Yixing mused softly, his eyes closed. He clutched at Wu Fan’s sweatshirt as he pressed his ear against the elder’s chest again. “Your heart can say a lot of things that your mind will not allow.”

“Yeah?” Wu Fan wrenched his face from Yixing’s grasp so he could speak again. “What’s it telling you, Yixing?”

“It’s telling me how much you love me.” The younger grinned mischievously, his eyes still shut peacefully. Wu Fan, however, panicked.

There was no way he knew - was there? Of course there was skinship and plenty of casual flirting, but were his feelings for the lovable unicorn that obvious? Wu Fan thought he spread his public love around equally to his bandmates… There was just something special in what he felt for Yixing lately.

Maybe he was speaking generally. ‘Love’ has a lot of tiers, a lot of meanings. Maybe he didn’t know.

“Of course I love you, Yixing, what kind of leader would I be if I didn’t?”

“No, love,” The younger exhaled in a simple laugh. “It was only a guess, but by the way your heartbeat picked up speed, I think I’m right.”

Wu Fan cursed his autonomic nervous system and its certain betrayal.