Chen + Chanyeol. Water guns.

Play, Stop, Rewind : EXO Ficlet Collection

ASKBOX CHALLENGE: Chen + Chanyeol. Water guns.

-

Holding his palm to his mouth to quiet his breathing, Chanyeol ducked behind a boulder in a sea of beach grass. He didn’t know how long he’d have to rest, so he leaned his back against the rough gray surface and panted, raking his fingers through his wet hair and out of his eyes. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and the sun beat heavily against his skin.

Looking down at the pseudo-weapon in his hand, he noticed that the bright orange tank was less than half full of water. He bit his lip, making a clicking sound and weighing his options. He didn’t know where Chen was, and there was a chance he could dart to the ocean to refill his water gun before the second boy showed up. But, if he left his spot and was ambushed, he was dangerously low on ammo and would probably lose.

Water fights were serious business.

In a split second, he made his decision. Chanyeol leapt up from his crouch, bare feet making indentations in the soft sand as he sprinted towards the shoreline. He was so close!

And then he felt the piercing sensation of a stream of freezing water directed right between his shoulder blades.

He shrieked, whirling around to see the darker haired boy grinning impishly at him. The other even had it in him to stick his tongue out in a taunt. Chanyeol charged, pumping air pressure into his gun and aiming for Chen’s face. He pulled the trigger, but his companion ducked out of the way; dashing to the side to spray Chanyeol in the stomach.

The brunette growled, tossing his now-empty water gun into the sand and rushing headlong towards the other boy. Surprised at the tactic change, Chen slipped in the sand in his haste to run in the other direction, and Chanyeol tackled him around the waist and brought him to the ground. They wrestled for a bit, arms grabbing limbs and torsos attempting to wriggle away. They were covered in sand, and when they both paused to catch their breath they burst into laughter; peals echoing in the salty air amidst cries of seagulls.

When giggles quieted and they were left with just the sounds of the sea, Chen scooted himself up in order to come face to face with Chanyeol. He leaned in and pecked a quick kiss to the taller boy’s lips before curling against his shoulder and watching the waves crash.

“This is going to be the best summer,” He heard Chanyeol say softly.