Chapter 17

Secret Love

Samantha's POV

I saw Youngjae, my heart didn't change it is still skipping everytime I see him but my mind keeps telling me to hate him. I saw Sohee's face beside Youngjae's my heart flinched my knees trembled and I looked away not knowing what to do. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and saw Jong up "Kaja" he said and I nodded. We walked along this town with silent atmosphere surrounding us "A-aha, Samantha should we have a camp fire tonight? I know it's not yet the last day but you know, I think we should try it?" Himchan made an excuse to break the cold, eerie atmosphere and the others agreed and so am I. "Let's buy drinks and snacks!" Zelo suggested "Let's just buy snacks, we have sodas at home so we don't need to buy" I suggested and they all just smiled at me. "Let's go to the supermarket" Himchan said excitedly with his fist up in the sky. We arrived in the supermarket and I took a push cart but Zelo took it away from me and he pushed it by himself while Daehyun went to the snacks section like a lightning and went back to us with loads of food on his arms. "Daehyunnie" Haneul sighed. "Thanks, Daehyun because of you we don't have to look around" Himchan said sarcastically "Should we pay for this now or do you guys want to look for more?" Yongguk asked "Let's just pay for these" I said and they all nodded. We went back to my vacation house and prepared our dinner for later and snacks but in the middle of cooking the food I heard my phone ringing. I hooked it out of my pocket and saw that halabeoji (grandpa) is calling me. "Hi! Are you alright halabeoji?" I asked happily "oh arasso, we'll be there in a few... Nae see you bye" I said and hanged up. "Guys, we have to attend the activities so we have to go now" I said to them "OK but where do we need to meet them?" Haneul asked "outside their cabins, it's just 10 minutes away from here so should we go now?" I said and we all went to our destination.

After 10 minutes of walking or so, we already arrived the place and saw a bunch of students talking to each other with teachers taking their responsibilities. "B.A.P!" The girls screamed when they saw us coming and as usual these popular guys beside me showed their warm, handsome smiles which causes the crowd go wild with screams/ fangirling. I saw Youngjae and Sohee looking at us but I looked away and made my way to my halabeoji with Haneul. After a while, my grandpa went up to a mini stage while holding a mic and said "ok girls and boys please be quiet for a minute" he said and they all kept quiet and put all of their attention to the 'president' of the school. "So, we'll have a small game,and this game is treasure hunting in that mountain" he said while pointing at a mountain a few metres away from where we were "don't complain arasso, coz there is a special prize waiting for the first 2 pairs who can found it" he added and the crowd made pairs with their bestfriends but for me, Himchan unexpectedly grabbed my arm and said "we're partners" and I looked at haneul who was just standing beside me a few minutes ago but now she's partnered with Daehyun. "Before we start the game, we want to give you 10 minutes to go to the toilet and after that go back here to get the map that you needed" halabeoji said and the crowd went inside to go to the toilet. "I'll just go to the toilet for a minute" himchan said and I just nodded at him.

"Let the game begin" halabeoji said and everyone didn't wasted anytime and made our way. Me and himchan didn't care about the prize but instead we just looked at the beauty of this mountain. We reached a part of the mountain where we can see the whole view of Jeju. We took a seat looking at the view when suddenly he got up without saying anything but a few minutes had passed and he still didn't come back. I was about to stand when I heard foot steps coming closer to me, I looked around and said "Himchan, where did you-" but was cut off when I realised that it wasn't Himchan... "Y-youngjae?" I said "why a-are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with Sohee? Where's Himchan?" I asked him in panicked not knowing what to do. "Let's talk" he said looking right into my eyes "there's nothing to talk about, it's all clear to me that you love her more than me" I said trying to sound tough but tears were threatening to fall. "No listen to me... Actually, I want to tell you the truth a-" "truth? What truth? Truth that will make me feel and look like a fool?" I shouted at him "NO! Listen to me" he said to me with authority while grabbing both of my arms "I want to tell this to you in the right time when we were together but... She came and everything gone out of control" he explained "I'm out here" I said tears flowing wildly "stay here" he said but I didn't listened to him "I just want to tell you that I do love you but she came back... And I don't know what to do" he said, I stopped on my tracked and looked back at him with my heart beating wildly because of surprise and pain "you don't know?" I scoffed "yes, I don't know because the truth is we had a relationship though she lived in the other part of the world then you came, my heart beats fast when I saw you maybe because you remind me of her" "so you love me because you can see her on me, so you're just using me to fill up that empty space in your heart. Don't ever talk to me after this, forget about me forget that I existed in your life" I said harshly and ran away and made my way back to my vacation house.When I entered my house I saw himchan waiting by the door, I hugged him and he patted me back to comfort me "let it out samantha-ah" he said soothingly "why? Why did you left me?" I asked "I just want you two to solve things out but it turns out that I made it worse" he said "it's ok" I said "should we go to the kitchen and finish cooking?" I asked "it's all done, I did it when I arrived here earlier and all we need to do is to wait for them" he said and I smiled at him.

After a few minutes, they all arrived, we ate the food and went outside to have campfire while drinking soda. We were enjoying the warmth coming from the fire. We were laughing about their experiences during the game when suddenly "guys, don't you think I'm so selfish" I said and they looked at me confused "selfish because you were originally friends with youngjae, before you guys met me and thinking that I'm dragging you guys away from him makes me feel guilty" I added "noona, you're not selfish and besides we chose to hang out with you after what youngjae hyung did" zelo reasoned "he's right samantha-ah" Yongguk said and I looked up at him "We chose to be with you because we promised to each other that we won't hurt anyone especially girls but look at what he did he betrayed you... and us" he added.