Drawn

A Teenage Drama: Twisted Love

Breathe in, breathe out. Calm down Mishi. You can do this. "Hwaiting!" I walked toward his locker feeling very nervous. Once I get this over with everything will be just fine. I guess he has a class or so with Junhyung because they were talking to each other as I was approaching. "Hey Kikwang. Are you doing anything after this?" 

Junhyung stared at me, and then turned to Kikwang and said, "Alright man, I'll catch up with you later." Junhyung lightly punched Kikwang on his right arm, and left while putting his headphones on.
 
"Uh, I'm just going home. Why, is there anything you need?" He was still thinking about what books he would need to take home.
 
I let out a deep breath. Here goes. "I just want to talk to you about something."
 
"Sure. What is it?" 
 
"How about we go sit at one of the tables in the quad, and I'll tell you then." I waited for him to finish. Then we headed over to the table where  no one was around. "So, uhm, I need to make this clear between us." He had a confused expression on his face, but all that will change when I draw that line. "What Doojoon said earlier today wasn't true," Kikwang's eyes seemed to shine upon hearing that. "but it is true that I like him. I admit that I did feel a spark between us, but I've liked Doojoon for a very long time now, and I'm tired of feeling sorry toward you. I'm sorry for making you think we had a chance. I really like being your friend though."
 
Ther atmosphere was tense and silent until he spoke. "Okay. You don't need to stress over all of this. It's a silly thing to stress over. I think you two make a very cute couple and I will be supporting both of you. Like I said, I'll always be there for you whenever you need me because we're friends. I understand that we won't work out, so stop feeling guilty toward me. I never expected anything to happen anyways, so you don't need to apologize anymore. I'm not hurt, so don't worry."  All of this sounds so forced! "Well, my ride is here, so I'll catch up with you some other time yeah? See ya!" 
 
I watched him walk away with that smile of his, but it was all fake. He's forcing himself to be happy. What have I done? I thought everything was supposed to be fine after telling him this, but why does it seem to be worse. Why am I not happy? Why do I feel more apologetic now than I did before? Oh Doojoon, what am I supposed to do?