Quarreling

A Teenage Drama: Twisted Love

That night I couldn't sleep because I was up thinking about him. His beautiful eyes, his warm smile, his soothing voice, and just everything about him kept popping up into my head. My mind was occupied the next morning, and my mom asked me why I was smiling.

"What? I'm not smiling." I made myself believe that my mom was seeing things, but who am I to fool when I fully knew the reason why I was smiling? It was already 7:30am, so I began walking to school. I grabbed my backpack and an apple, and headed for school. On my way, Yoseob shouted out my name to wait for him to catch up to me. He caught up and started a conversation.
 
"Morning sunshine! How's your morning so far?" he asked with a cheerful expression on his face.
 
"Oh, the usual. Just had some breakfast. You?"
 
"I've been thinking about yesterday's game."
 
"Hm? Why?"
 
"Doojoon seemed pretty mad after you got hurt. You saw yesterday right? After Kikwang came back from attending to your wound Doojoon became more aggressive toward him, and the game intesified."
 
"Yeah, I saw that but it seemed normal to me."
 
"Well, it's not normal. Doojoon doesn't become aggressive in games with us unless he gets really upset. You should talk to him today."
 
"Okay." I said, still confused. I couldn't talk to Doojoon in the morning because the bell rung, and break was too short. It was lunchtime by now, and I saw Doojoon at his locker, so I approached him. "Hey!" he glanced over at me, and slammed his locker shut. Then he coldly walked right past me. I just couldn't believe he just did that. Doojoon never walks past me like that, so I grabbed onto his arm and turned him around to face me. "What was that?"
 
"What was what?" he said in a cold tone.
 
"Why are you giving me attitude? What have I done to upset you? Just because Kikwang helped me with my injury doesn't mean you should get mad. So what if he was quicker in action than you are." At this point my face was heating up and I was so angry at him. I was about to explode when Dongwoon came to interrupt. He noticed the situation and told me that he'll be getting lunch with Doojoon, so they went on ahead first. I couldn't believe that we were getting into a fight. A fight! We have never fought before, but now of all times? I decided not to care anymore and stormed off to the library to do some homework to get my mind off of this. Ridiculous!
 
I don't want to do homework. This is so frustrating! Suddenly, Kikwang appeared in front of my face and asked me what was wrong. I told him about Doojoon and he told me not to worry about it. Things will pass by soon. He told me to treat this as an obstacle in life in which I have to overcome. "Keep your head up high. Everything will be alright. I'll always be here for you if you need someone for comfort. Even though we just met yesterday, I feel a very strong connection to you, so I will become your comfort zone."
 
His words made me feel much better, and we spent lunchtime together. The school day was finally over, and I plopped onto my bed for a nice nap once I got home.