What Happened?

A Teenage Drama: Twisted Love

The next day at school was a normal, boring day. I couldn't hang out with Doojoon during lunch because he had a basketball meeting to attend to. I decided to have an all girls day, so I hung out with my girl friends. We were talking and laughing until Jeannie whispered something into Jang Ri's ears. Apparently, Jeannie wasn't very good at whispering quietly. I heard her say something about being fake and cheating, and then a sharp pain of betrayal slapped me in the face. I wasn't sure if she was talking about me or not, but it seemed to be so because her glance was toward my direction. I pretended not to hear, and continued my conversation with Dana about 2NE1's new song, "Can't Nobody". 

When lunch was over, Mr. Choi had something to announce. He called out, "Junhyung! Please come in and introduce yourself to the class." Everyone turned their heads toward the direction he was coming in from, and the girls stared in admiration. Junhyung calmy, and cooly walked up to the front of the class and began introducing himself.
 
"Yah, he is so hot!" The girl sitting two seats behind whispered to me. "I wish I could date him. He must be a dancer. Omo, he could be famous! Or the captain of a club! This is so exciting!"
 
The girl next to her told her to hush up. At first when Mr. Choi said "Junhyung" I didn't expect him to be the one I met 3 days ago. I was a bit surprised to see him in my class. "Psst!" I turned around and saw Hyunseung give me a thumbs up, and the "Hey that's Junhyung! Good thing we made friends with him first, otherwise we'd be trampled by all these girls falling head over heels for him" expression.
 
"Hello everyone, I'm Junhyung. Yong Junhyung. I just transferred, so please help me out."
 
"Everyone give him a welcoming applause." said Mr. Choi, but before anyone could clap Arimi quickly asked aloud, "Are you single?" The guys in class started laughing, but the girls started to threaten her.
 
"Yah, back off!" yelled out one girl.
 
"You guys won't get a chance with him." said the boy sitting in the back of the class. 
 
"Shut up! Watch me." said the girl.
 
"Even if you were to dream each day to be his girl you won't even succeed. Good luck." he sneered.
 
"Alright class, settle down. Hmm, Junhyung you can sit right there." He pointed to the empty seat behind me. Boy, this will be fun. He took the seat behind me and class began. Good thing we only had 2 more hours of school. 
 
Once school ended for the day, I quickly got out of my seat to go meet up with Doojoon. As I approached his class I saw him walk out of the classroom with Soojin, the prettiest, smartest, nicest, and all-around girl of the school. He was laughing and playfully knudging at her. I thought back at what Doojoon said to me yesterday and decided to trust him too. She's just a classmate of his, and there's nothing going on between them. Nothing going on between them. 
 
I walked up to him to remind him to tutor me after school. He didn't seem to notice me at first, so I walked right in front of him, causing both of them to halt.
 
"Aren't you going to tutor me? That's what you said last night when we were on the phone."
 
"Did I? I'm sorry Mishi, I forgot. I just agreed to tutor Soojin."
 
"Oh. Really? It's okay. You two go on and help each other out. I don't really need help anyways." By now, I wanted to cry but I had to stay strong because nothing was going on between them. He was just too tired last night, so he probably didn't hear what I said. "I'll be going now. I have a dentist appointment at 4." I lied.
 
"Okay, bye." Doojoon sounded as if he didn't care. I thought we made up. What else did we not fix between us yesterday? No Mishi, you're just overthinking. Don't misunderstand. It's you that Doojoon likes, not Soojin. You and not Soojin.
 
"Bye." Soojin's voice was so smooth like a goddess, and her smile was very warm to the heart. How could anyone not like her?
 
Again, another day drowned in disappointment. I'm so alone in this world. Whatever, I'll just go home now. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.