Drawing the Line

A Teenage Drama: Twisted Love

 

"To solve for x you take the whole number, and subtract it over to the other side to get x by itself." Doojoon looks so handsome when he is teaching.
 
"But x is stuck with a number. Doesn't that mean x isn't by itself?" I am so confused!
 
"I'm getting there. So now that 5x is by itself, you divide 5x and 25 by 5 to get x by itself, and your answer will be?" That makes more sense now.
 
"It's 5! Omo, oppa! I understand how to do this now. Thank you so much! Now I won't fail tomorrow's test." I'm so glad I have Doojoon oppa to help me. I will get an A on the test for sure!
 
"If you get an A on tomorrow's test, oppa will treat you out for a fun day." I will definitely work hard for that A. We giggled at the lunch table, and I saw Kikwang getting his lunch. He waved to me and I waved back. Then I looked at Doojoon's expression. He is so cute when he is jealous! Kikwang came over and asked if he could sit with us, and I told him he could. Doojoon looked a little pissed off that he sat next to me, but he held it in.
 
"So what are you guys up to?" Kikwang peered over at my homework. "I can help you if you want."
 
"Oh, Doojoon already helped me. Thank you though." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "How have you been? I haven't seen you around school since Disneyland, which makes it 4 days now."
 
"I don't know." Oh this boy. "Hey Doojoon, are you up for some basketball today?"
 
"I'm busy." I can see that Doojoon was jealous and mad, but he was making an effort to hold his anger in.
 
"How about you, Mishi? Want to hang out on Saturday? I have tickets to the movies and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me. "
 
"Ya! She and I are hanging out over the weekends, so don't you dare pull anything." Great. His bubble bursted.
 
"Oppa! Don't be rude." Kikwang was surprised at his reaction, and I apologized in Doojoon's place. 
 
"Hey man, I'm sorry. I just want to make it clear that she is mine now, so you don't need to care for her anymore." This boy. I can see Kikwang's expression become lost, hurt, and disappointed.
 
"Since when was I yours?" Seriously. 
 
"Since 4 days ago when you told me you like me."  
 
"Uhm, ye-yeah. I got it. I'm sorry. Well, I'll catch up with you guys later." He didn't even touch his food, but threw his lunch away. I'm so sorry Kikwang-ah. Why does this keep happening? I need to draw my lines clear with him. He and I are just friends, and I don't want to send him mixed signals anymore. I will tell him after school.
 
"Look at what you've done Doojoon. I'm not yours and you're not mine. Why did you have to say that in front of him like that?"
 
"I had to draw the line for you." Really, Doojoon?!
 
"Why couldn't you let me do it by myself? I was going to do it."
 
"When? When were you going to do it? Next year? It's been 4 days since you last said you would tell him, and nothing has happened yet, so I decided to help you." Ugh! I can't even. Omg. After school it is.