Back to the Way it Used to Be

A Teenage Drama: Twisted Love

 

You can do this Mishi. Just get it over with, and everything will be back to the way it used to be. You can do this, you can do this, you can do this. "HWAITING!" Oops! Everyone stared at me, and I awkwardly walked down the hallway without looking at where I was walking. Umph! "Joseonghamnida!" I looked up to the face of Kikwang staring down at me. He helped me up and asked, "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"
 
To that I responded, "No, I'm not hurt. I'm so sorry for bumping into you."
 
"Oh, no problem at all. I'm as strong as an ox, so you couldn't have possibly hurt me." He grinned and pounded on his chest. "Why are you in such a hurry? We still have 30 minutes until school starts. Are you here early to ask for tutoring? Because I can help you."
 
"Thanks for offering, but I can find help for myself. I already made an appointment with Mr. Oh yesterday." I lied to him. "I'll catch up with you later."
 
"Oh, okay then. See you later!" I smiled at him and hurried away. Gosh Mishi, why didn't you tell him the truth? He already knows anyway, so why not? There's nothing to hide. 
 
I found Doojoon sitting alone at the breakfast table, and I approached him. I sat down and he lifted his head up. "Annyeong~" I said shyly. He didn't say anything and put his head back down. I knew he was still mad and was being very childish, so I took the initiative to apologize first. "Doojoon-ah, I'm sorry for what happened in the past week. I think you misunderstood me, and I misunderstood you. Can we please clear everything up?"
 
He sat up straight and looked me in the eyes. "Explain to me Kikwang then." Sigh, he just doesn't get it does he? "Like I said, he is just a friend. Look me in the eye Doojoon. I like you. You and only you. Why can't you get it into your head that he and I are just friends? I admit that he is cute, but regardeless, I only see you in my future." After I said those words, he seemed to forgive and feel apologetic. "Now you can tell me about Soojin. That day that you forgot to tutor me, and instead you tutored her. Why? How could you forget? She's the valedictorian at our school, so I don't get why you needed to tutor her."
 
"Okay, I had a motive to that. I was trying to get back at you for hanging out with Kikwang." And before I could say it, he confirmed, "But like you said, he is just your friend. I will believe you. Also, why did you go to Disneyland with Kikwang huh?"
 
"Similar to you. I was simply getting my revenge on you." We both looked into each others eyes and bursted out laughing. We are so childish. At least our misunderstandings are now cleared up, but why do I feel so guilty inside? Kikwang-ah, I'm sorry.