Chapter 2: Cloud Nine

MY FIRST LOVE

When I reached out my hand, he stared at it like he's never seen a hand before. ("is he okay?") I thought. 30 seconds later, I got worried cause he might have hit his head, so I called out.

"Hey, we can't be in the middle of the road the road the whole day, you know..." I said

"Huh?.. uh...oh... yeah sorry.." said the guy. ("what a nice deep, yet soothing voice he has") I thought.

"It's ok... what happened?.. if you don't mind me asking" I said, while he grabbed my hand and I helped him up.

He was rubbing one side of his head when he told me what happened. He told me that a cloth came flying to his face when he tumbled, fell and hit his head

"OMO!! OMO OMO.. oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, my wrap came flying to you when I accidentally let go of it... It's my fault.. I am so sorry" I said, then bit my lip, closed my eye while waiting to get yelled at by my stupidity.

"Don't worry about it, I'm still alive aren't I?" he said in a joking way and chuckled. I was relieved that he can joke about it but also that he was nice about it..

I was looking for scratches around where he was rubbing his head earlier, just to make sure that he was really okay, when he lifted his head to face me and then.. our eyes met.

His eyes were dark brown, but when the light hits his eyes, it turns into hazel. We both stared at each others eyes for such a long time..  I was on cloud nine. A car honked at us from behind and we snapped back to reality. We both laughed nervously, while he was looking down and made me look down to where he was looking at, when I saw us still holding hands. He glanced up at me, when he said..

"oh..uh sorry, I didn't realize" he said, while his cheeks was turning pink.

"no, it was my f-fault too..." I said, while my face was starting to get hot and we both pulled our hands free, and somehow it felt so empty all of a sudden.

"I believe, this belongs to you.." he said while handing me my wrap back, and our fingers brushed againts each other.

He started walking towards his bike when I stopped him... ("wait... what are you doing Sunny?") I suddenly thought without even realizing that I stopped him the second I realized that he was leaving..

"uh.. uhm..." I stuttered.

He turned around and said "yes?"

"Uh... I-I-I-I w-was wondering i-if.. you uh.. needed a ride  back, w-with your bike... broken and... all" I stuttered while glancing at his bike ("gosh Sunny... you're so pabo! speak properly! what are you doing?") I thought...

He looked at his bike, examined it and then looked back at me...

"yeah sure.. I could use a ride" he finally said.

"My names Sunny..." I said, holding out my hand for a handshake, I smiled.

"Nice to meet you... my name's Yonnguk" he said. He wiped his hands on his shirt first before he grabbed my hand to shake it.