Chapter 10: Broken Heart, Torn Apart, Away from you...

MY FIRST LOVE

I spent the rest of my night trying to figure out why my father never told me about taking over the company. I was never prepared for this. I don't know what to do, how to run a company and I have no damn idea how to react to millions of employees relying on me.

While I just sat on the couch curled up, staring at the television, I didn't even notice Tiff when she came in my apartment, until she stood in front of me and snapped her fingers near my face.

"earth to Sunny.." Tiff said as she snapped her fingers.

I blinked a few times and looked up at her.

"Tiff.."

"so... what's with the face?"

"oh... nothing... just thinking about things..."

"like the fact that your father just told you to fly to New York?"

"h-how... d-did you..." I stuttered by the fact that Tiff knew  what I was worried about even though I never told her anything.

"His secretary called me a few hours ago informing me that I'm gonna be coming too... since your father knows well that unless, we don't convince you to go.. you won't... I gotta admit... you do listen better towards us than your own father."

"... I don't know... I'm kind of busy..."

"busy with what exactly, Sunny?... taking care of Jieun? worrying about Yongguk?

"well.... I can't just leave Yongguk at this time!"

"SUNNY WAKE UP !! LOOK AT YOURSELF!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN PROPERLY TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!..."

I got startled when Tiff started to raise her voice at me.

"I can take care of myself just fine..."

"NO...YOU CAN'T" she said.

Tiff grabbed my wrist and held it near my face to see.

"LOOK!... YOU'RE GETTING THINNER AND THINNER BY THE DAY!... YOU'RE EXHAUSTING YOURSELF! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO IF ONE DAY YOU JUST COLLAPSED AND YOU WERE ALONE IN YOUR APARTMENT!"

"TIFF!!... I can take care of myself..."

[SILENCE]

Tiff released my wrist and just stood in front me.

"fine... whatever... but in 2 days... you're flying to New York with us..... doesn't matter if we have to drag you there or have to knock you unconcious, just to bring you to New York."

With that said, Tiff walked out and slammed the door shut. While I just stayed in the couch, still curled up. I fell on my side on the couch and ended up falling asleep there.

 

The Next Morning, I was woken up by my phone ringing. I blinked a few times and tried to block the sunlight that was hitting me right on the face. I slowly and sluggishly got up. I heard my phone ring again and I scrambled on the couch trying to find my phone.

When I found it, I answered quickly...

"Yeoboseyo?!"

"Sunny, did you just wake up?"

I was startled by who was on the other side of the phone...

"APPA!?"

Why was my father calling me?... he never calls me, unless it's about something important... could it be about the party? my taking over the company presidential seat?...

"I know you're aware why I'm calling you, yes?"

"ne, appa.. but I really don't want to take over!! I don't know how to be a president.. I don't know how to run a company! I was never prepared for this nor was I ever told until yesterday!"

"Sunny... if you fly to New York... I'll explain everything."

"but.... appa.."

"no 'buts' Sunny..."

I know clearly that when appa has set his mind into something, it can never be changed. I just had to take a risk and try to convince him that I'm not the person for this... that I can't do this. I grabbed onto the edge of the couch, for support. I didn't know what for, since I was still sitting on the couch. I didn't know why I would be holding onto something to support me.

"appa... I can't just leave at this time.."

"Is it about this Yongguk?"

"how did you..."

"I know everything that's going on around you Sunny... just because I'm not in Korea doesn't mean I have no one looking over you"

"you... you have someone watching over me 24/7!?... APPA!!"

"setting that aside... if he's someone who's getting on your way.... leave him."

I couldn't believe how cold my father sounded right now. He was never like this before.. not until, Umma died. He was always the type of father, whoseday wouldn't be complete if he didn't have meals with his family. Always the caring and loving father. But when Umma died, he told me that he was going to New York to manage the business there and just left me in Korea, where he bought me an apartment.

"appa... don't be like this.."

"my decision is final, Sunny... you're flying to New York, I'll be announcing your taking over, and while you're still in University... you're gonna be studying about the business. After you graduate, you're gonna be living in Paris, and manage the business from there.... MY. DECISIONS.ARE.FINAL."

"APPA!!"

Just before I could say anything else, appa hanged up and I just sat there feeling neglected and frustrated by the fact that I couldn't do anything about this. I don't know how to handle this...

I don't know how to tell Yongguk this....

 

After a few hours of just staring on the wall, I got up and cooked myself a small brunch and cooked Yongguk's lunch while I was at it. After I finished cooking, I showered, got dressed and got my stuff for school ready and headed out. 

On my way to school, I dropped by the hospital to drop Yongguk's lunch and to see how Jieun was doing..

When I opened the door, what I saw made me drop the bag containing Yongguk's lunch... but that wasn't the only thing that dropped... my heart also.

Jieun and Yongguk heard the bag drop and Yongguk whipped his head to my direction just to see me standing there, staring at them...

I couldn't believe what I saw... what Yongguk and Jieun was doing... 

But what I couldn't believe the most was.. how Yongguk could do that... to me...

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk's hands were on Jieun's shoulders.... and before I dropped the bag...

 

 

I saw Yongguk willingly kissing Jieun..

 

how could he..

 

why....

 

I...

 

I ran away crying... 

I can hear Yongguk calling my name...

Everything is all jumbled up in my head...

Everything's blurry....

My heart's breaking into pieces...

I can still hear him calling my name, telling me to stop...

I couldn't... I kept on running...

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't want him anywhere near me...

 

=============================================================

OKEEHHH :D... ALMOST DUUR GAIS~... HAHA... k <3

 

Subscribe and comment please <3 

much appreciated (':