One Year Later

Playing With Fire

The scene before Hailey’s eyes was like a glorious picture out of a fairy tale. They were at the top of a mountain that overlooked the city. Sets of chairs covered in silk were placed orderly in rows, leaving a gap in the middle for two very special people to walk along. Red and pink rose petals scattered across the whole area which aided in the romantic feel of the setting. The scent of the place was enticing, attracting nearby hikers to stop and witness the breathless scene for a brief moment.

Hailey had not stopped smiling throughout the day. Everyone had put in so much effort in the preparation for the event it was heart warming.

Sungyeol had spotted Hailey in the distance and walked up to her. “Why hello there? Can I get this lady a drink?”

Hailey turned to see Sungyeol smirking at her. She laughed, “Only if this lady is allowed to give him a kiss first.”

The two of them shared a quick kiss and smiled at each other.

“You look absolutely stunning,” Sungyeol complimented after their act of affection.

Hailey blushed slightly. She had picked out her dress as carefully as possible, hoping it would suit Sungyeol’s taste. Her peach floor length dress had caused rose petals to attach themselves at the bottom but it didn’t make her look less elegant. Instead it enhanced her overall appearance. There was a cute bow tied at the back and Hailey adored it.

Sungyeol was wearing a plain black suit, his hair was nicely groomed but the aspect of the whole outfit Hailey liked the most was none other than his smile. Every time he smiled, she would find herself unconsciously smiling too.

It wasn’t long until the last set of guests arrived and everyone was seated. The white pillars supported the ceiling of a beautiful white gazebo located at the front of the chairs. It was like a stage, the platform in which the soon-to-be-married couple would exchange their vows.

The priest had stepped to the front and the groom also made his appearance, looking as nervous yet excited as ever. Hailey couldn’t help but laugh a little. She had never seen him act like this. He looked so handsome and it was as if his suit was made just for him. It fitted him so well, complimenting his fit figure and broad shoulders.

The groom took a deep breath and looked straight down the aisle, seeing hundreds of eyes staring back at him. He made eye contact with Hailey and waved. Hailey returned his greeting.

“If Jongup stuffs up today, I swear…” Sungyeol began to say as he witnessed the grooms fiddling fingers.

“He’s just nervous. I mean who wouldn’t be,” Hailey replied.

The music started to play and in the distance, Jongup noticed a figure covered in white. She walked closer and he was in awe. She was beautiful, her smile was bright and she moved with grace.

The guests cheered and clapped. Chunhei looked amazing. Her white wedding dress was decorated with small silver specks and her hair was curled into locks that made her look like a medieval princess.

“I think she suits long hair,” Sungyeol commented as he remembered her pixie hair cut from a while back.

Hailey gave a light chuckle, “I think so too.”

Chunhei had finished her walk and was now standing face to face with Jongup. The two held hands and waited for the priest to speak.

“Do you think this is going to work?” Jongup softly whispered.

“It better…” Chunhei replied without her lips moving.

The priest had announced half of his service and it was time for the bride and groom to exchange their vows.

“… do you, Moon Jongup, take Park Chunhei as your beloved wife, care for her and give her your everlasting love as long as you both shall live?”

‘I do.”

“And do you Park Chunhei, take Moon Jongup as your beloved husband, care for him and give him your everlasting love as long as you both shall live?”

Chunhei paused for a moment as if she had second thoughts, “I do.”

The crowd cheered.

“Now, if there is anyone here who objects to this union please speak now or forever hold your pea-”

Before the priest could finish, a police car sounding its sirens parked at the end of the aisle. It’s wheels squeaked as the car stopped and a breathless police man rushed out the car.

“I OBJECT!” He yelled as his deep voice rang over the guests.

Everyone gasped and turned to look at the man who disrupted the wedding, it was none other than Yongguk.

Chunhei tried to contain her smile and Jongup breathed a sigh of relief.

“Finally!” Jongup called and stepped out of the gazebo to the exhausted policeman.

“Here’s the ring. Take it as my wedding gift for you both,” He said brightly as he reached the man and took the felt covered box out of his pocket, “it was about time you showed up, otherwise Chunhei and I would’ve been married for real.”

Yongguk looked confused. Jongup sighed and prepared for the explanation he rehearsed over and over in his head the night before.  

“This was all a set up. Do you remember that day you and Chunhei came to congratulate us on the case with Fire. Well, she gave me a gift and inside was this ring and a letter, explaining how she knew you really liked her and secretly went looking for a ring even before you asked her out! She asked for my help, to kind of give you a push so you would finally confess to her.” Jongup explained.

Yongguk was still trying to take this all in. “But a wedding? You had to have a wedding?”

Jongup laughed, “We did try other things you know, like pretending to date when you were around, acting shy around each other so you would get jealous but they never worked. And this,” Jongup gestured his arm to the setting behind him, “was our last and final hope,”

Yongguk slapped his hand to his forehead and held it there for a moment, “I’m so stupid, why couldn’t I see this?”

“Well you came today and that’s all that matters,” Jongup replied and gave him a pat on the shoulder, “Now go! Go and tell her how you feel!”

He pushed Yongguk forward and he ran down the aisle to the beautiful bride.

“Chunhei I-,” He started.

Chunhei just smiled and pulled him into a tight hug. “Don’t apologise. It’s my fault too you know. I could’ve just asked you out instead but… that wouldn’t be very romantic now would it?”

They separated from each other’s embrace and Yongguk instinctively got down on one knee. He held out the ring Jongup had passed to him and looked at Chunhei with promising eyes.

“Chunhei, will you…” he paused. He took a deep breath to control his nerves, “Will you marry me?”

The crowd gasped and even the priest was in shock. He just proposed to someone on their wedding day. Did they even date? The priest thought as he observed the scene in front of him.

“Say yes! Say yes!” Hailey had shouted continuously. Jongup and Sungyeol joined her. It seemed they were the only ones aware about the plan.

Chunhei blushed and smiled widely, “YES! YES! And YES!”

The priest was about to faint. He was not aware of the sudden turn of events.

“Why waste a day like this? Just get married now!” Jongup called from the audience.

Seeing as the former ‘groom’ had no objections to this marriage everyone joined in and celebrated the wedding of the new couple, Yongguk and Chunhei.

“How cute!” Hailey exclaimed as the two exchanged their vows and kissed.

Sungyeol smiled and held her hand. “One day… that will be us.” He whispered and Hailey shot him a stunned look but that slowly turned into a smile. She rested her head on his shoulders, observing the married couple ahead as they walked arm in arm back down the aisle, rose petals being thrown over their heads.  

“Just so you know, I haven’t said yes yet.” Hailey joked.


Author's Notes

It has fianlly ended! TT^TT

I would like to thank mystic_waters for being a fantastic editor <3 and to all my readers, subscribers, upvoters, I LOVE YOU ALL! I couldn't have finished this without your support <3333 xoxox

Now for the poll results:

The couple that recieved 50% of the votes and is in first place are.... Sungyoel x Hailey! Congratulations~ XD

I just thought I'd like to mention the tie between second place as well. Each with 12.5% of the votes, coming in second place are FOUR couples. Yes four! Congratulations to: Jongup x Chunhei, Daehyun x Hailey, Jongup x Hailey, and Yongguk x Chunhei! ^^

 

Well once again, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who is reading this, I am extremely grateful to you all! 
xxx

- Xtra_sweet

Here's some awesome pictures!

GWxnn.jpgtumblr_m3c2466z8s1qhajtr.jpgtumblr_lylt4sxnvh1roxixvo1_500.jpgtumblr_m8vatiGx8l1rdicico1_1280.pngtumblr_inline_mllsbllxcm1qz4rgp.gif

Keep smiling everyone~~ XD