Chapter 9

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

I stared into the eyes that looked down on me. I felt indifferent, cold, wounded, and most of all, distrust. The man I stared at was no more than a beast in my eyes. I continued staring, hardly blinking. The man in front of me stared back, his eyes soft and sorry stricken, until he couldn't handle my stare any longer. He looked away.

"I'll go get a doctor," He said softly, letting go of my shoulders. He turned to leave the room, turning back to lay a tan package at the edge of my bed, on top of my covers. I continued my cold stare. "This fell out of your jacket pocket," He said before leaving the room completely. I let my eyes follow him until he was completely out of sight before I turned my cold stare to the tan package. A small sense of curiosity reached me but the pain in my body made me forget about the package.

I tried to turn, tried to ignore the cold and pain running through me, but nothing I did helped.

A doctor arrived, with a nurse at his side. The doctor leaned over me, frowning slightly.

"Mr. Lee, can you hear me?" The doctor asked. I nodded with a groan. Even a simple movement made the pain grow. The doctor held a hand over my head, ordering some directions. "Can you follow my finger with your eyes?" He asked as he began moving his hand. I followed his finger with my eyes until he dropped his hand to his side again. The doctor turned to the nurse.

"Prescribe him some pain medication." The doctor ordered to the nurse and she immediately rushed out of the room. The doctor looked over me again. "Mr. Lee, we are going to keep you here for about a week until you've recovered." The doctor told me. I blinked so he would know that I understood him. He patted my shoulder. "We will watch over you very carefully Mr. Lee. Don't be nervous," The doctor smiled as the nurse came back into the room with a bottle full of clear liquid. She used a needle to remove some of the liquid from the bottle and inserted it into my IV drip. "Get some rest. This will help you feel better," The doctor patted my shoulder one last time before he and the nurse left the room.

I looked around the room, before stopping my glare at the window. It was covered with a curtain and a shade but sunlight still shone through. The door opened and two feet stepped into the room, but I didn't turn my eyes away from the window. I knew who it was and it was the last person I wanted to see at this moment. I heard the steps come further into the room and pause next to my bed. I still didn't turn to look.

"Lee Hyuk Jae... I-I..." I heard a soft thud, knees hitting the floor of the hospital room. I still didn't look. "I want to apologize for my behaviour towards you... I was selfish and rude. I shouldn't have acted that way. I know you won't be able to forgive me, but I'm going to take care of all of my wrongdoings and I'm going to stay next to you. I'll do anything you ask, anything you wish, anything at all... until I earn your forgiveness," Donghae's voice echoed in the small hospital room. I continued to ignore him, closing my eyes, pretend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter