Chapter 4

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Unexpected Becomes The ExpectedStory By LeeHwaYoung

I tried following my unfortunate roommate out of the room to start bringing my own things in, but another thought occurred to me. Maybe I should try and test him out right away. I could see if he was a spy for my parents. I let him leave with his smug attitude trying to come up with a plan that would make him spit out the truth. I looked around the apartment trying to find something. I looked through his things but the only thing I found were old photographs and stacks of papers.

I walked over to the bathroom becoming anxious to find something on this guy that would give me the proof I needed over him. I began to rush around when I heard footsteps approaching, making myself slip on the ground and bang my head against the bathroom door. I groaned softly as I felt the pain strike through my body, but it occurred to me that this could be my answer.

If I acted like I was hurt...Hyuk Jae...or whatever his name was would be so worried and call my parents. That would be enough proof right? I laid on the ground completely still, unable to move as footsteps came ever closer to our apartment. I heard the boy enter the apartment and then there was a long pause. Was he calling my parents already? I listened closely for any signs that he may give.

I heard something drop to the floor before a hand grabbed my own hand, and pressed down. I couldn't be sure of what he was doing but I guessed he was checking my pulse. I bit back a smile... of course, my bodyguard...the people who my parents would hire, would have to know the basics about saving someone's life.

"Donghae," The boy shook me as he called my name. I continued to act as though I was unconscious until the shaking became too severe. I groaned loudly before turning to look up at the boy who had been shaking me. As I seemed to come to the smile on the boy's face grew... it was a gummy smile, but something was magical about it. I couldn't help but smile back even though I didn't know why.

Suddenly the boy hit my arm rather hard. I groaned even more as I turned to my side. Why had he hit me? Couldn't he tell that I had just passed out? Did he believe that I was making it up that I had been unconscious? I suddenly got worried that my plan would fail.

I complained as I made it to my feet. If this guy really had been hired by my parents he was an extremely good actor...but I wasn't going to give up yet. I looked at Hyuk Jae who was busy setting up his own side of the room.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly heard him say. He turned to me with tears in his eyes. "I just don't like seeing people hurt..." He explained simply. "I didn't mean to punch you... I just got scared," He said slowly before picking another post-it note off the floor, however, it slipped out of his hands and landed underneath my shoe. I stared at it for a second, wondering if it wasn't such a good idea to be tes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter