Chapter 12

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

I set up the room divider, trying not to take my eyes off of the work in front of me. However, I could feel a pair of eyes on my every move, making me nervous about setting up the divider correctly. I looked up, my eyes connecting with the dark brown orbs of the other. The edges of my lips turned up, making Hyuk Jae blush and turn away.

I looked back down at the room divider, moving my hands quickly over the work, connecting each piece swiftly. I didn't look up or get distracted again until the work was completed and I stood the room divider up, blocking the view between my side of the room and Hyuk Jae's. I peeked around the side of the room to look at Hyuk Jae. "It's finished!"

Hyuk Jae looked up from his computer to the room divider and towards the divider as a knock came on the door. I walked over to the door after I saw a small smile appear on the other's face, opening the door to receive the food that Hyuk Jae ordered. It didn't take long for the food to be set up on the dining room table and Hyuk Jae to move to a chair. We ate together silently, picking at the different dishes and rice, unsure of what to say to each other.

I peeked up, looking at Hyuk Jae use his chopstick to grab at some food on the table. Like this, he didn't seem to be in any pain, or have any trouble or thoughts of what previously happened. I returned to my own thoughts, of thinking Hyuk Jae was a spy, for my parents. I shook my head at the stupidity of those thoughts and shoved them aside, looking to my side of the room. It was very chaotic looking even with the little things I had. Except for my bed, my items were spread out across the entire section, nothing organized.

A sigh audibly escaped my lips as I thought about the ways I could organize my things.

"Sorry. You helped me all afternoon organize my things. You didn't have any time for yourself," Hyuk Jae's meek voice shattered the silence. I turned my head to look at him with a smile.

"It's ok! Everything will sort itself out," I replied, finishing up my dinner. Leaving the dining room table I began my work again, not stopping or getting distracted from my goal. It wasn't until my back ached and my hands were red from work that I finally stopped and sat down on my bed. I looked across my side of the room, finding things much more organized and that I was nearly finished.

A yawn escaped, letting myself know I was tired. My eyes turned to room divider, finding myself curious about the other, as I hadn't heard from him since dinner. I slowly tip-toed towards the room divider and peeked around the edge, finding the boy laying on his bed, his eyes closed and I could hear his soft snores. His laptop was still on and running on his bed and Hyuk Jae hadn't managed to cover himself before he fell asleep. I walked over to his bed, closing the lid to his laptop and moving to the side as I grabbed his bed cover and tossed it over the boy.

I walked away, stretching my arms to the sides. I hit the main lights to the room before blindly find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter