Chapter 21

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

As I conversed and acted out a part of the play, with a familiar looking faced actore, I began to feel more sure of myself. I could finish this. I could accomplish Young Yi's request. I would do it. I would find Young Yi's brother ...and then what?

I didn't have the means to support another being. I set my jaw hard. I would just have to find a way. My thoughts bombarded me as my confidence grew and the small skit came to an end. I looked around, my eyes instantly catching a glimpse of something leaning against the wall, and in that moment my eyes met his.

Donghae was there... waiting on me. I turned away slowly as a few actors wanted to make small talk. I took a few moments to oblige them before excusing myself and hurrying away towards Donghae. I barely made it within an earshot of him before I heard my name being called by the professor.

"I'd like a word with you! Privately.," the professor smiled and headed for his office. I glimpsed back at Donghae who just ushered me to go. I made a bee line for the professors study, wondering what he could possibly have to say.

After entering through the door to the study, the professor closed it and moved to stand about an arms length away. "I'll make this brief Hyuk Jae. I know you're dealing wiht a lot currently. I just want you to know that I'm here to support you and help you through everything and anything," He pulled out his offer quickly which I returned with a quick thank you before returning to the auditorium.

"It's getting late. We should go," I said for both Donghae and the professor to hear. Donghae approached us at the mention of leaving.

"Stay safe and come back and visit soon," the professor smiled at both of us, gave each of us a hug and then returned to his students. Donghae and I walked out together.

"What did the professor say to you?" Donghae asked, curiosity hinting in his voice.

"He told me that he is there to support me and to help me," I told Donghae straightforwardly, remembering about his own meeting. "What did the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter