Chapter 22

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

The picture of Young Yi put a spell on me. From the first time seeing it and again just now, something felt really off about the photograph. Maybe it was finally seeing the face of who we were doing all of these mad things for.

He means a lot more to you than you realize. The professors words replayed and looped in my head, making me snap my head up and look for Hyuk Jae, who I found very close behind me. Maybe hte photo was me trying to see who my competitor was... and still is. Had I really fallen in love? Had I fallen in love with Hyuk Jae in this short period of time? Did I even know what love was? Would I have to leave him just as this realization hit? So many questions ran through me, making me accidently drop Young Yi's photo as I continued to stare at Hyuk Jae. The photo fluttered to the floor right in front of Hyuk Jae's feet.

"You like this photo?" Hyuk Jae asked, smiling. My heart fluttered like the photo, a little unsure of how to answer his question. I gave a short nod as I picked up the photo and stuck it to the wall before picking up the next one. Hyuk Jae took an interest in the other photos as I hung them. "I don't remember these photos. Do you think Young Yi put them in the box after we burried it?" Hyuk Jae seemed to be think out loud, again, making me unsure of how to answer him.

"It's possible," I replied, hanging the last photo before facing Hyuk Jae again. He was still looking at the photos, his face scrunched up in concentration. He's always thinking of Young Yi. I bowed my head, that thought stinging my very being.

 

For the rest of the night I secluded myself to my side of the room, occupying myself with small tasks. Every now and then I would steal a glimpse at Hyuk Jae, who was ordering his letters in some manner, until wearines took over and my eyes shut until the next morning.

My first thought was to look over Hyuk Jae to make sure he had gotten some sleep. When I looked over the room divider I found hyuk Jae fast asleep among the pile of letters. He looked content in his current stupor which allowed me to back away to give him space to sleep pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter