Chapter 9

Blind To Love

Everyone was already in the kitchen the next morning, gobbling down the sandwiches Ryeowook made. Nothing was out of the ordinary; unless you count Yesung who did not sleep a wink last night, and Sungmin who cried himself silently to sleep. There was an empty seat beside Yesung, which was meant for Sungmin who was the only one not present in the kitchen.

 

Heechul was getting excited with Valentine’s Day around the corner. He wondered what Hankyung was going to do for him. Even though Hankyung isn’t in the band anymore, his relationship with Heechul is still tight. Eunhyuk and Donghae were discussing on what to do to spend that special day. Shindong had already planned his date with Nari. Shiwon read his newspapers quietly, Kyuhyun was busy on his PSP, and Ryeowook was still mad at Yesung. Leeteuk had his head on the table, unhappy over the fact that he wasn’t able to spend Valentine’s Day with Kangin who was still in the army. Yesung just munched on his sandwich silently.

 

He didn’t care about Valentine’s; neither does he care about anything else. Maybe only one thing…

 

“Ryeowookie, I am hungry!” the voice caused Yesung to look up at the kitchen door, where Sungmin stood, rubbing his eyes. There was a small smile on his face, but when he looked at Yesung and the empty seat beside him, the smile faded.

 

“Come sit down! I made tuna sandwich today!” Ryeowook gestured Sungmin to the seat beside Yesung.

 

“Erm… I suddenly don’t feel hungry anymore.” Sungmin faked a smile and walked out of the kitchen. Yesung stared after him. It hurt, those words Sungmin said. But if that is the only way Sungmin can forget him, he wouldn’t mind. Even If it means breaking his own heart into pieces…

 

Kyuhyun grabbed a piece of sandwich and headed out of the kitchen as well. Yesung stood up, finished his coffee in one gulp and headed out. As he walked pass the living room, he saw Sungmin hungrily eating the sandwich Kyuhyun had passed to him, and Kyuhyun lying on his lap. Yesung just wanted to pull Sungmin away from Kyuhyun. But he couldn’t. He stomped into his room, trying to hide his anger and jealousy from the loving couple.

 

“Yo, sup.” Kyuhyun stepped into Yesung’s room, who was busy packing his bag which he was going to bring later to his schedule. Kyuhyun sat comfortably on Yesung’s bed, as he watched the man throw his music player into his bag.

 

“I confessed to Sungmin last night.” Kyuhyun’s personality of being too blunt was getting on Yesung’s nerves.

 

“Oh. So I guess you guys are going out together already huh?” Yesung tried to sound like he didn’t care, but his actions showed otherwise. Kyuhyun smiled as he watched the infuriated Yesung. Seriously, this dude cannot act, even if he claims himself to be an awesome one.

 

“Nah. He rejected me.” Kyuhyun replied casually as he lay down on the bed. Yesung was stunned for a moment. Sungmin rejected Kyuhyun’s confession?

Yesung couldn’t help but feel happy and relieved, but he knew this rejection won’t make Kyuhyun falter. Realizing that fact, Yesung went back to being depressed.

 

“Huh, I see. It is not like anything will change, you will keep trying right?” Yesung muttered and looked around the room, trying to find something.

 

“No. I decided to let him go.” Yesung, who was checking under his bed for the item, stood up and stared at Kyuhyun wide eyed. He did not imagine it. Did Kyuhyun just say that?

 

“What?” Was the only word that left Yesung’s mouth.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and sat up on the bed. “I let him go.” He repeated.

 

“I heard that!” Yesung shouted, before softening his voice again, “Why?...”

 

Kyuhyun stood up and walked towards the door. “I can’t force someone to love me; neither can I stop him from loving someone else,” He turned back and looked at Yesung, “Having someone throw away someone they love… is not love.”

 

Kyuhyun opened the door and headed out; but before closing he popped his head into the room and added, “But that doesn’t really change much for you hyung, because Sungmin had sworn to me last night that he will never to fall in love again. So good luck!”

 

Yesung was left in the room alone again. His heart was filled with mixed feelings. He felt happy that Kyuhyun had let Sungmin go, but he felt sad that Sungmin had really forgotten about him too.

 

Wasn’t that what he wanted? Then why did he feel disappointed?

 

Yesung snapped out of his thoughts. He should be worried for another thing right now! WHERE DID HIS RING GO?! He searched high and low, he ransacked all his drawers, checked the floor underneath his bed. That ring meant everything to him, the symbol of his love for Sungmin. It was meant for Sungmin…He was on the verge of tears and Yesung is not someone who cries easily.

 

“GET OUT OF  YOUR ROOM NOW! Sungmin is already in the van below waiting for you!! Don’t you remember you have to do recording for Now We Go To Meet song with Sungmin?!” Heechul sudden intrusion into the room caused Yesung to fall on the floor. He decided that he will search for it later when he return home, as he grab his bag and rushed out of the room.

 

Sitting in the van alone with Sungmin is the most awkward and heartbreaking moment, especially if Sungmin was ignoring him, and the incident that just happened the day before was still fresh in his mind. Sungmin had his earphones on, staring out of the window. No smile, no sadness, just emptiness.

 

Other than singing, Yesung did not hear Sungmin speak for the whole day. Whenever he is in a room, Sungmin will escape. Whenever he asked a question, Sungmin will just nod or shake his head, without looking up at him. Yesung hated it. He hated how he was ignored.

 

But he deserved it.

 

They stepped into the recording room for the last time of recording for the day. Sungmin put on his earphones and so did Yesung. Yesung sneak a peak at Sungmin. Nothing. There were no emotions from him. No nervousness, no happiness, no anger, nothing. The music played…

 

“In this little, wounded heart…

 

In these beautiful, saddened eyes…


I will love you that tears won’t flow again…


My heart that comes near, my deepgoing love…


Wherever you are

 

I will always able to feel it…”

 

Although this song was sang for the abandoned animals, Yesung felt like he was singing it to Sungmin instead.

 

Sungmin held on to his feelings. He wasn’t going to show any emotions. But Yesung’s voice touched him, causing his heart to flutter. But he couldn’t, he had to stop all these feelings. He promised Yesung to forget. And he will.

 

But it was hard… Sungmin could feel his eyes swelled up with tears. Once the song ended, Sungmin immediately took off his earphones and headed for the door. Leaving Yesung to watch his retreating back.

 

The ride back home was no different from the earlier one. The only difference was the call that Sungmin received. Yesung didn’t mean to overhear, or perhaps he did.

 

“Yoboseyo? Ah Taemin?”

 

“Party at SHINee’s dorm on Valentine’s day?....”

 

“No I think I will give it a miss. I have other things to attend to…”

 

“Yup, thanks for your invite! Annyeong~”

 

Sungmin had things to attend to on Valentine’s Day? What? Why? And most importantly… with who? Yesung’s mind was flooded with the possible people Sungmin might be with, and did not notice the rabbit who had stared at him for a while before grasping the ring he had in his pocket.

 

Valentine’s Day…

 

Three more days…

 

The day Sungmin swore to completely erase Yesung from his heart.

 

 

TBC...

 

A/N: Have you guys heard the song? 'Now We Go To Meet' by Sungmin and Yesung?? they sound so good together!!! i swear it is YEMIN's song 0~0Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! P.S KYUHYUN IS NOT BAD, HE IS A NICE GUY WITH A WRONG CONCEPT OF LOVE ONLY ;~;