Chapter 10

Blind To Love

“I am going out!!” Heechul shouted and slammed the dorm door.

“We are off to our sweet date!!~” Eunhyuk announced as he grabbed Donghae’s hand and headed out.

“I’m… munch…going! Munch…” Shindong mumbled as he continued chewing on his banana.

“Hey! We are off to help set up SHINee's party!” Shiwon, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun waved to Sungmin who was reading a magazine on the sofa.

Ryeowook gave Sungmin a comforting hug, much to Sungmin’s surprise, before rushing to the airport to pick up Henry.

Valentine’s day…

Everyone was out. All with their love ones or friends. And only the two men were left in the dorm. Sungmin in the living room, pretending to read a magazine while his mind was actually on something else. And Yesung in his room, staring at SungSung Min, tired after trying to find the ring but failed, wondering how he was going to spend that long day.

“Niga animyeon andwae~” Yesung picked up his phone, surprised to see that the caller ID was Taeyeon.

“Yoboseyo?” Yesung answered in a drowsy manner. He wasn’t really in the mood to talk to anyone, but he didn’t want to get a scolding the next time they meet up with SNSD.


“Oppa! It is Valentine’s Day today! Don’t you have a date?”

“No. What do you want Taeyeon?” Yesung tried to sound polite, but failed.

“Erm er… Oppa, do you want to go to the movies with me? Because you know I don’t have a date too and I thought you will be free…” Taeyeon flustered, knowing secretly that she had rejected many dates as she just wanted to go out with Yesung. Only Yesung.

“Okay.” Yesung replied before even waiting for Taeyeon to finish her explanation.

“R-really?! Are you sure oppa?! Okay I will see you at SNSD’s dorm in an hour!” and the line went dead. Yesung sighed. He would rather spend a day with Taeyeon than with Sungmin. He can’t stand being near someone he loves but knowing that he is not able to talk or touch him.

It hurts.

Alot.

“Erm… Min… I mean Sungmin! I… I am heading out. Will you be alright alone at home?” Yesung stuttered as he stared at Sungmin who had his eyes on the magazine. No response. Not even a nod or a sign of acknowledgement. Yesung couldn’t take his eyes off Sungmin. Those beautiful eyes; those perfect lips that had sparked off Yesung’s heart. Snapping out of his thoughts, he headed out of the dorm.

As Sungmin heard the door close, he immediately put down the magazine. Waiting for a few more minutes to ensure that Yesung will not come bursting back into the dorm, and that not a single person is left in the house, Sungmin stood up and headed into the kitchen. He took out all the ingredients he had secretly bought the day before and hid perfectly from Shindong. He put on his apron and punched the air, shouting, “LETS DO THIS THING!”

Sungmin set out to take out his recipe book, and flip to the page for making heart-shaped chocolates with pink icing.

“OH Oppa!! You are here!” Tiffany opened the door to SNSD’s dorm. Yesung gave a small smile and waited for a few minutes, before being greeted and heading out with Taeyeon who had worn a beautiful sunflower dress and a matching sunflower hairpin. Taeyeon was disappointed as the lack of compliment from Yesung, who just muttered “Nice outfit.”

Taeyeon happily bought the tickets for a romantic movie, which Yesung had no objections to since he promised Taeyeon that she could choose the movie. As he sat through the movie, and watched the male lead planting a kiss on the female lead's forehead. he couldn't help but think of Sungmin. What was he doing? Who will he be with? Why is he with the person? He did not notice Taeyeon's eyes which were on him instead of the movie, and the hope in her eyes that Yesung will turn and gaze at her.

Sungmin sat on the chair, panting. His face had spots of icing, and his hand were covered with flour. He stared happily at the tray of perfectly shaped heart chocolates with pretty pink icing. All his energy is gone, but he had to continue. He washed his hands and wiped his face, washed all the utensils before running into the room. Reappearing with a big pink heart-shaped box, he carefully place each and every piece of chocolate in the box. Before closing the box, he took out the ring he had kept from Yesung. Staring at it, he slowly place it in the box along with a letter addressed to Yesung. Putting the cover on the box, Sungmin gazed at the beautiful box.

Finally. The first and last present dedicated to Yesung.

And then he can forget...

“Niga animyeon andwae~” Sungmin made a mental note to himself that he will have to change that ringtone later. Fishing out his phone, he saw "Sunny" name appeared on his caller ID. "Sunny ah! what is it?" Sungmin greeted over the phone.

"SUNGMIN OPPA!! Are you going to SHINee's party?!" Sunny's loud voice caused Sungmin to place his phone a little away from his ear. "Ah no I am not going, i have something to attend to!" Sungmin replied.

"AHHH not you too!! Taeyeon is out with Yesung and all the other SUJU members are out except Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Shiwon!" Sunny's sentence stunned Sungmin.

Taeyeon is with Yesung...

So she is the one Yesung love...

"Oh okay... Sorry Sunny." Sungmin murmured before putting down the phone. He looked at the box the laid innocently on the table.

He can't feel heartbroken. Today was the day. He have to end this.

For Yesung.

He grabbed the box, the keys and headed for the door. He decided that he should go for a stroll first to calm his heart and soul. He can wait till Yesung returns home, and hand him the box. It was already eight at night; Sungmin had spent the whole day baking the perfect batch of chocolates. Sungmin held the box of chocolates close to himself, and allowed everything to pass through his mind. From the time he first saw Yesung, to the time he fell in love with Yesung, to the times he had spent with Yesung...

To the times he felt that life couldn't get better when his eyes met Yesung's...

Subconsciously, Sungmin had been walking on street which leads to SNSD's dorm, realising it only when SNSD's dorm lobby came into view, but what he saw stopped him immediately in his tracks.

It was Yesung and Taeyeon...


"Today was a great day oppa!! Thanks for spending Valentine's Day with me!!" Taeyeon smiled at Yesung as they reached the lobby. Yesung smiled back. He did have a fun time. Only when he realised that the date he was on was not with Sungmin but with Taeyeon.

"Do you need me to send you up to your dorm?" Yesung asked. Taeyeon shook her head, and waved goodbye. Yesung waved back and turned around. But before he could take a step, he felt a hand holding onto his arm.

"O-oppa!" Turning around, Yesung did not see it coming. He did not see it coming at all.

Taeyeon's lips clashed into his.


Yesung stared wide-eyed at Taeyeon, who had her eyes closed. Yesung wanted to pull out of the kiss, but Taeyeon broke the kiss first, blushing. She ran into the lobby and into the lift. Yesung just stood there, still stunned, still in shocked, still not sure of what had just happened. But the sound of a object dropping to the floor caused Yesung to turn, and he just felt killing himself right there.

Sungmin bent down to pick up the chocolates scattered on the floor. He saw the tears that had escaped his eyes fall to the ground. Sungmin couldn't stop his hand trembling, as he picked up the chocolates one by one and placing them in the box. Why did he have to see that? Why did he have to witness that scene? Now all his feelings are flooding back.

He felt like he was back to square one.

Yesung rushed to Sungmin, looking down at the trembling figure, he felt like he had lost his voice. Finally, he managed to choke out.

"Sungmin..."

The trembling hand that was going to pick up the ring stopped. Yesung stared at the ring on the floor. WASN'T THAT HIS?! WHY DID SUNGMIN HAVE IT?!

Suddenly, he ran. Sungmin ran. He left his present on the floor, he left the ring, the letter, the chocolates and his tears that stained the ground. He did not want to look up and face Yesung. He did not want to see Yesung. He wanted to run away.

Yesung hurriedly gathered the things on the floor and shouted in the loudest voice possible after the young man.

"SUNGMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: The next chappie will be the last :3 HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE UPDATE! if you haven't heard YEMIN's song, here it is!! Now We Go To Meet by Yemin