Final

Blind To Love

SUNGMIN!!!!!!” He screamed out again, his knees falling to the ground.

Sungmin covered his mouth. His tears had stained his cheeks, and they continue flowing, staining his pink shirt. He panted silently, as he hid behind a wall at the corner of the street. He could hear Yesung screaming his name; he shut his eyes tightly, which caused more tears to fall. Quietly, he slipped into another side of the street, running as fast as his legs could go, before getting caught by Yesung. There was no other place for Sungmin to go. 

Except there.

Yesung knew he had lost Sungmin as he failed to see the other man reappear. Shakily, he opened the box Sungmin had dropped that was still in his hands. Inside laid a batch of beautifully baked chocolates, a ring; his ring; and… a letter. Yesung carefully opened the envelope and unfolded the letter inside… 


 

Dear Yesung,

Do you still remember the first time we met? I had been a coward, too shy for my own good, to admit that I have already fallen in love with you that moment I met your eyes. I fall in love. Too deep in love. And I never dared to tell you. They were feelings I could not control, even though I had tried to put it down so many times. But I had always failed. But this time, I am willing to forget those feelings I have for you. I promise…

Don’t blame yourself for rejecting me, hyung. I could see it in your eyes that you were in pain too. Feelings can never be forced, and the last thing I want is to see you suffer. It had never been your fault, it was mine. I shouldn’t have put you in a spot by confessing, but I just couldn’t control myself then. But I do not regret confessing though. I am just glad I was able to finally let out all the feelings that had been cooped up in me for so many years.

I am sorry for keeping your ring. I wanted to return to you after I retrieved it, but I couldn’t bring myself to. But now, I finally can. I have put down all my feelings for you already, so you don’t have to worry about me. But I have to admit, I envy the person you love. He or she must be a really great person to be able to make you fall in love with him or her. Promise me that you will put it on his or her finger and never lose that ring again. I am sure he or she will accept your love, hyung.

This is my first and last letter to you hyung. Everything will go back to normal the next day, I promise. I will return to being the playful and cute dongsaeng of yours, and act like none of this has even happened. Just promise me that you will never give up on that person you love, and that you should confess before it is too late, and end up losing him or her. Like me. I trust you hyung, that you will be able to get that person of your dreams. I trust that you can do it.

This box of chocolates is meant for you, to compensate for the many Valentine’s Day presents I never gave you. Happy Valentine’s Day Hyung…

I love you… I always did…


 

Sungmin.”


 

Yesung’s tears stained the last word written on the letter, as he hugged it close to his chest. Sungmin had loved him for so long, even before he realized his feelings. He had been so blind towards him, he had been so blind towards the pain Sungmin had.

He had been so blind towards the love Sungmin had for him, and the love he had for Sungmin.

He needed to see Sungmin now. What was the one place that Sungmin loves to go, and to vent all his feelings and anger?

The first thing popped into Yesung’s mind.

The rooftop.

Yesung picked up everything on the floor, holding onto the ring and the letter tightly in one hand, and the chocolate box in another. He ran. He ran till his legs felt numb, back to the only place Sungmin can be at. SUJU’s dorm came into view, and Yesung ran if possibly, faster; into the lobby and up the stairs, not bothering to take the lift.

Flinging the door that leads to the rooftop open, Yesung stared at the back of Sungmin, who was on all fours on the ground. His fists punching the floor; screams emitting from the young man. He quietly placed the box of chocolates on the floor, folded the letter and placed it in his pocket along with his ring; he made his way towards the man.

Sungmin couldn’t stop his tears. He punched the floor once, twice, and countless times till his knuckles hurt. His heart was bleeding, and he can’t stop it. He promised himself and Yesung to forget, but he failed.

He failed to keep his promise.

He had failed to forget his feelings…

The arms around Sungmin’s waist and the sudden warmth felt caused Sungmin to gasp. “Sungmin…” the voice whispered, a voice Sungmin was able to recognize immediately, and he wrenched himself away from the hug. Stumbling to his feet, he took a few steps away to distance himself from Yesung.

Stay… Stay away from me…” Sungmin managed to say between his sobs. He wiped away his tears with his hands, avoiding the gaze from Yesung.

Yesung took a few steps closer, repeating the same word again. “Sungmi-“ Before he got interrupted by the man.

Please hyung just go away. There is nothing wrong, I am alright. Just go.” Sungmin pointed towards the exit of the rooftop.

Don’t lie.” Yesung went closer to Sungmin, who frantically kept his distance by taking another few steps back.

GO AWAY HYUNG!! I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!” Sungmin finally burst. Yesung grabbed for Sungmin’s hand, which broke free from his grasp immediately.

I AM SORRY OKAY!! I TRIED TO FORGET YOU, I CAN’T!! I TRIED TO FORGET THOSE STUPID FEELINGS, BUT I COULDN’T!! PLEASE… just leave me alone!!! Don’t come any closer… I don’t want those feelings to become stronger. PLEASE!!” Sungmin broke into a run for the exit, but was stopped once again by Yesung’s hold on his wrist. He struggled, real hard and painfully. But this time, Yesung’s grip was strong.

LET ME GO!!” Sungmin screamed; his tears uncontrollable again. He pushed Yesung, hoping that it will cause him to loosen his grip. But Yesung stood strong and silent.

Yesung stare at the man struggling under his hold. Every word said by Sungmin had pierced through his heart. But he knew Sungmin was suffering more. He had let Sungmin escaped once, and he will not let that happen again.

KIM JONG WOON!! LET ME G-“ Before Sungmin could finish his sentence; Yesung had pulled hard on Sungmin’s arm, causing Sungmin to fall towards him. Using his free hand, Yesung got hold of Sungmin’s neck and pulled him closer.

Their lips clashed into a kiss.

This time, Sungmin’s eyes were the ones wide in shock, staring at Yesung’s closed eyes. Trying to pull away, Sungmin failed as Yesung’s grip around his neck tightened. Sungmin could feel himself slowly melting into the kiss. It felt too perfect. It felt too wonderful.

Breaking the kiss, Yesung pulled Sungmin into a hug.

I am sorry Sungmin. I never knew how much you were in pain. I am sorry Sungmin. I lied to you. I lied to myself. I love you so much. I just didn’t want you to suffer being with me, knowing that I am unable to protect you. I love you so much Sungmin. There is nothing between me and Taeyeon. Trust me.” Sungmin stopped struggling as he heard the words escaped Yesung’s lips.

I was stupid in pushing you away. And now I got you right where I want. I am never letting you go again.” Yesung continued as he tightened the hug. He could feel Sungmin’s tears staining his shirt, but he didn’t care. All he wanted is Sungmin, and Sungmin alone.

Hyung… I… I…” Hearing the doubt in Sungmin’s voice, Yesung planted another kiss on Sungmin’s lips. Putting all his feelings into it, hoping that Sungmin will get the message.

And Sungmin did.

Yesung stared at Sungmin in the eyes, who was blushing deeply. Yesung lifted his hand and wiped away Sungmin’s tears. Fishing out the ring from his pocket, he slowly wore it on Sungmin’s ring finger. “You are the lucky one, Min.” Yesung confessed. Finally, finally, he saw that one thing he had always been longing for. Sungmin’s smile.

These are the nicest chocolates on Earth!! I will forever remember this taste.” Yesung popped another heart-shaped chocolate into his mouth. Sungmin, who had his head on Yesung’s lap, smiled up at the man he love. Yesung look down at his angel, and popped a chocolate into his mouth. Seeing how cutely Sungmin was chewing, he bent down and gave a peck on his forehead.

They both looked up at the sky. It was full of stars and the moon shined brightly. The members were still not back from SHINee’s party yet, and the sweet loving couple was still situated at the rooftop.

Hyung?”

Hmmmm?...”

Can I have SungSung? Since it was meant for me.”

No! You rejected it, so now it is mine.”

But… but…” Sungmin pouted cutely.

Oh and by the way, its full name is SungSung Min.” Yesung announced. Sungmin stared wide eyed, and realized the reason behind the strange name. He giggled.

Min… the letter you wrote was really cheesy.” Yesung chuckled as he took out the letter from his pocket.

WHAT?!” Sungmin sat up, angry. “Then give it back! Give it back!” Sungmin tried to grab the letter that was kept out of reach by Yesung. Flinging his arms wildly, Yesung grabbed hold of Sungmin’s wrist again for the third time that day, pulling the rabbit into a passionate kiss.

Sungmin blushed. “This is the third time we kissed.”

Fourth you mean.” Yesung corrected. Noticing the confused look on Sungmin’s face, he laughed.

The first was at the night stay at the beach house.” Yesung pinched Sungmin’s cheeks. Sungmin mouth dropped open.

SO THAT SWEET DREAM I HAD THAT NIGHT ACTUALLY DID HAPPEN?!” Sungmin squealed, lying back down on Yesung’s lap.

The turtle and the rabbit kept quiet for some time, staring at the sky again.

Hyung?” Sungmin called out, breaking the silence.

Yes?” Yesung replied.

I love you…”

Yesung bent down and clashed his lips down on Sungmin’s.

I love you too, Min…”

AND LETS WELCOME, SUPER JUNIOR!!!!” The MC announced to the audience, who screamed their lungs out. Another night of performance, all the members ready to give all their best. Everything was back to normal, nothing out of the ordinary…

Til now, the time without you in my life was full of darkness (without you baby) …


But ever since I've met you, my life's been like a dream (baby)…”

Life couldn’t get better (hey~)…


I’ll hold you in my arms and fly…


We’ll fly towards the blue moon (ho~)…


I’ll kiss you when you’re sleeping…


Life couldn’t get better (hey~)…


Open your heart and take my hand…


Life couldn’t get better…”

Sungmin couldn’t help but gaze at Yesung…

And this time, Yesung was gazing at him back…

They both exchanges glances of passion, love, and pure happiness. Sungmin’s smile finally genuine, and Yesung with the happiest face alive.

Ryeowook smirked. His work was finally done.

Operation Yemin. Succeed.

 

 

~fin~

 

 

A/N: It is finally done!!~ Hope you guys enjoyed this yemin fic!!~ Thank you for all the support and love :D P.S there is a sequel ;) Click away! > Fated To Love You, Destined To Be With You