Chapter 8

Blind To Love

Yesung stood up and so did Sungmin.

 

“We can’t be together.” Yesung muttered. Yesung hated to lie, but if it is for Sungmin’s sake, he will.

 

“Wh… Why?” Sungmin replied. Why did he even bother asking? Sungmin knew Yesung must have still been in love with Ryeowook. It was impossible that Yesung will fall in love with him a few days after saying that he loved Ryeowook.

 

“I am not worth it.” Yesung just wanted to leave. He can’t bear to stare at Sungmin any longer or he might just lose control and pour out his feelings. Sungmin was staring up into Yesung’s eyes.

 

“Why do you say that?” Sungmin questioned. Yesung didn’t reply. He did not want to let Sungmin know his feelings. It will just make Sungmin harder to let him go, and also harder for him to let Sungmin go.

 

“Is it… is it Ryeowook? You still love him right?” Sungmin broke the silence. Yesung couldn’t take it anymore, he have to end this conversation.

 

“LOOK, we are impossible! I don’t love you, and I never can! Ryeowook has nothing to do with this! I love someone else, just not you and neither is it him!!” Yesung shouted, before lowering his volume again, “Just forget about your feelings for me.” Yesung turned around and stalked off. He could not believe he just said that. WHY DID HE SAY THAT?!?! He couldn’t bear to look at Sungmin’s expression after what he said. He had to walk away.

 

“Is… Is that what you really want?” Sungmin’s trembling voice stopped Yesung in his tracks, but he still did not turn back. Yesung wanted to shout NO!! So badly. But he couldn’t, he can’t.

 

“If it is… Then I will… I will forget about my feelings. I will try. Please… whatever that happened just now… treat it like it didn’t at all…” Yesung could hear Sungmin’s words between his sobs. He was crying. Yesung felt heartache. It was so painful beyond words. Yesung pulled himself together and continued walking towards the exit that leads back to the dorm, leaving Sungmin alone at the rooftop…

 

The sound of droplets of rain hitting the window panes around the dorm could be heard. Yesung was with the rest of the members in the living room, watching a movie. He needed something to get Sungmin out of his mind, he needed something to distract him from the unbearable pain he felt from his heart.

 

But it didn’t last long.

 

“Hey did anyone see Sungmin? He isn’t anywhere in the dorm. And it is also raining heavily outside.” Kyuhyun’s worried voice sounded the dorm when he walked out of his room, probably resting after playing 2 hours of star craft. Yesung snapped. SUNGMIN?! Yesung thought that he had already returned to the dorm long ago!!

 

The sound of the door opening could be heard, Leeteuk rushed towards the door that leads to the roof top. “WHAT HAPPENED SUNGMIN?!” Leeteuk’s shriek caused all the members to turn towards the door. In came a soaking wet Sungmin from head to toe. He was shivering, walking towards his shared room. Yesung stared into Sungmin’s eyes. They were different now. Instead of the happiness and other emotions that showed so easily in Sungmin’s eyes, all that reflected from Sungmin’s eyes now were emptiness. The droplets of water dripping down his face, his hair, his clothes, allowed the tears Sungmin had cried out to blend in perfectly.

 

Sungmin did not reply to the questions and concerns shot by all the members who were utterly shocked by Sungmin’s soaking wet condition. He walked slowly into his shared room and closed the door promptly behind him.

 

Yesung just wanted to break down. He can’t stand seeing Sungmin like this. Yesung power walked into Ryeowook and his room. He can’t bear to see Sungmin in pain…

 

No… Sungmin will get over it… He will…

 

Sungmin changed out of his wet clothes and into his pajamas. He crawled into bed and threw the covers over himself. Sungmin could still feel his tears falling down his cheek, his hand tightly grasping onto… a ring.

 

Sungmin stared at the ring in his hand. It had the word “sarang haeyo” carved on it. Sungmin found it on the floor of the roof top. Yesung had dropped it when he stood up. Sungmin envied the recipient of the ring so badly. “What a lucky man. To be able to capture Yesung’s heart…” Sungmin held on to the ring tightly against his chest. He will return the ring to Yesung one day.

 

Just… not now.

 

Sungmin screamed out all his frustrations in his head. His heart hurt. It hurt and he can’t stop the pain. Is being in love with someone really that painful? Does love make you feel like your world had just fallen apart?

 

“YAH,” Ryeowook pulled the blankets off Yesung, finding the guy on the bed hugging tightly onto SungSung Min. His eyes were red and puffy. “Spit out everything that happened. Why is Sungmin in this state?!” Ryeowook said in a harsh tone. Yesung looked up at Ryeowook expressionless.

 

“Sungmin confessed to me.” Yesung said in a monotonous tone. Ryeowook stared wide-eyed at the turtle who sat up Indian style on the bed. Sungmin confessed?!?! Finally!! Took them so long to- wait. Isn’t this supposed to be a good thing? Why do the results show otherwise?

 

“What did you say?” Ryeowook asked. He wasn’t looking forward to Yesung’s answer.

 

“I rejected him.” Yesung replied. Ryeowook could hear the pain in his voice. But he wasn’t sympathetic. WHY DID HE REJECT WHEN HE ALSO LOVES HIM?!?!

 

Hearing no response from the Maknae; this signaled to Yesung that he should continue. “I don’t see a future for us. And it is not like I really really love him anyway.” Yesung was lying through his teeth, and he realized Ryeowook knew it too, as he felt himself get pulled off the bed and falling onto the floor after receiving a punch on his cheek, which surprisingly hurt more than he thought.

 

“DON’T FREAKING PLAY AROUND WITH ME, KIM JONG WOON!!!!!” Ryeowook shouted in an astonishingly loud voice. He grabbed Yesung by his collar and pulled him up. “Now tell me. What is the real reason?!” Ryeowook said through gritted teeth.

 

Yesung wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth. “I DON’T DESERVE HIM!! I CAN’T GIVE HIM THE ASSURANCE HE NEED, I CAN’T GIVE HIM THE PROTECTION HE DESERVE!! HE WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH ME!!” Ryeowook let go of Yesung’s collar, causing the man to once again fall to the ground. Yesung run his hand through his hair, allowing the hot tears to fall once again, “That’s why I let him go…”

 

“Do you really think that protection and assurance is what Sungmin really wanted?!” Ryeowook yelled, but not as loud as before as he did not want the SUJU members to come running in asking what happened, “The reason that Sungmin loves you is because you are yourself!! He doesn’t want and neither does he need anything from you, you !!” Ryeowook was surprised at himself as he wasn’t someone who uses crude words.

 

Yesung was silent. Ryeowook cannot stand to be in the room anymore. He stomped out of the room, but before leaving he turned back to face the turtle who still laid on the floor.

 

“You are not letting Sungmin go, hyung. What you are doing is shoving him away! Only a person who had held on to the very end can say that they had let someone go. Did you even try to hold on to him?” Ryeowook could see Yesung’s eyes shot wide open. Sighing, he continued. “Making someone you love go away… is not love.”

 

Then Yesung heard the closing of the bedroom door. He was dumbfounded. He was confused. He was heartbroken. He knew Ryeowook was right. But what is he going to do? He had hurt Sungmin deeply; he did not want to do it again…

 

What is done is already done.

 

 

“Sungmin?...” Sungmin lifted his blankets and saw Kyuhyun sitting at the edge of his bed. Sungmin gave a small smile, and sat up on his bed, his back against the wall. He did not want anyone to worry for him, especially Kyuhyun.

 

“What’s wrong Kyuhyun?” Sungmin was concerned with the younger man’s sad expression. He doesn’t want anyone else to be sad because of him.

 

“Min, I hate to see you like this. The pain you have been through because of your love for Yesung, it hurts to see you like this!” Kyuhyun blurted. Sungmin crawled towards the man and gave him a brotherly hug, one that says “Don’t worry. I will be fine.”

 

Kyuhyun pulled out of the hug and held onto Sungmin’s hands. He looked at Sungmin in the eyes, his grip on Sungmin tightened. He could see the emptiness in Sungmin’s eyes, contradictory to the smile plastered on his face.

 

“Sungmin… give me a chance to take good care of you…” Kyuhyun mumbled and pulled Sungmin into a hug.

 

“Will you go out with me?”

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: sobs i am so happy TT~TT there are more yemin shippers than i thought!! i am not alone~~ and thank you for all the sweet comments and love :D and because of that, imma let you in on something (if you never read this fic before when i posted it on LJ in the past)... there is a sequel fic to this >~< HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER UPDATE!!~