Chapter 6

Blind To Love

Playing with toys can also drain one’s energy. Soon, Sungmin was asleep, his head on Yesung’s shoulder. Yesung stared at Min that was tightly hugged in Sungmin’s arms, and leaned his head against Sungmin’s. Slowly closing his eyes, Yesung gave a small warm smile.

 

How he wished they could just stay like that forever…

 

Sungmin rubbed his eyes sleepily; they were almost reaching their destination. He could see that Heechul and Kyuhyun were awake now. Heechul chatting into the phone while Kyuhyun was busy playing his game console. The other members were still sleeping, trying to conserve as much energy as they can before starting work. Sungmin tried to get up, but felt something heavy on his head. Realizing that the weight was Yesung’s head, Sungmin snuggled comfortably in his seat. He never knew how nice it was to fall asleep on Yesung’s shoulder. His heart fluttered as he could feel the rhythm of Yesung’s breathing.

 

How he wished they could stay like that forever…

 

Too bad.

 

Both men groaned in silence as they got off the van. They had reached the photo shoot site. Leeteuk was shouting about how beautiful the beach was, Shiwon had his sunglasses on. Eunhyuk was imitating Shiwon’s cool “beach” guy expression, causing Shindong and Donghae to burst into laughter. Ryeowook and Heechul were helping the manager to carry the sleeping bags into the beach house, with Heechul muttering curses under his breaths, wondering why he was the one doing the work.  Sungmin was disappointed that he couldn’t lean on Yesung’s shoulders anymore; but he loved the fragrance of the sea lingering in the air, as he took a deep breath. Yesung watched Sungmin from the side, loving the view of the man’s relaxed expression.

 

“I don’t see the point behind wearing a shirt that is wet. No difference with going topless.” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow as the members were already standing with the sea level reaching their knee, all wearing white shirts and jeans and drenched; so it was like they were topless as everything was visible through their shirt.

 

“You all WILL go topless later. Just get into positions!!” The manager snapped and the SUJU members scrambled into their spots. Yesung was standing beside Sungmin, trying not to look at him, or his shirt will be used to wipe away his nose bleed. Sungmin was trying to not turn to face Yesung either, or he will most likely start to scream like a fangirl.

 

“Okay… now stand facing the left, with the side of your facing me. Yes like in graduation photos, and… GO CANDID!” The photographer shouted. Eunhyuk immediately held onto Donghae and lift him into the air, the other members all doing their best candid poses. Ryeowook was jumping up and down, using Shiwon to support himself. And without thinking, okay maybe he did plan it; Yesung grabbed Sungmin at the waist and pulled him flushed against himself. Sungmin face held a shocked happy expression, apparently something that the photographer wanted as he yelled an “AWESOME!!” after snapping like a billion shots. Ryeowook sniggered. Yesung felt like he just went to heaven and met God. Sungmin thought he could just melt in Yesung’s arms.

 

This was really just too good to be true.

 

“NOW you can take your shirt off.” Hearing a soft YES from Eunhyuk, the members took off their shirt. Yesung held onto his nose as he caught a glimpse of Sungmin. Leeteuk became frantic and thought he was sick. Yesung shooed him away and claiming that he was alright, earning a grumble from Leeteuk who walked to his position reluctantly.

 

Having to be able to place his arm on Sungmin’s shoulder was already too much for Yesung to take.

 

And now, the photographer actually requested the members to place their hands on the hips of the member standing beside him. WHAT IS THIS PHOTOGRAPHER THINKING?! Not that Yesung was complaining though.

 

Shakily, Yesung placed his hands on Sungmin’s hips. He could feel Sungmin flinched, but no able to see Sungmin’s flushed face. The awkwardness was getting too overbearing.

 

Yesung just couldn’t believe that God loves him so much, giving him so many opportunities of skinship with Sungmin.

 

“H-hyung… Your hands… Off my hips… N-now…” Sungmin stuttered as Yesung’s hands were still on his hips even after the photographer had concluded the group shots. Yesung flustered and immediately removed his grip, and rush to the sand as the photographer had started off with Donghae for the solo shots. The two didn’t talk while waiting for their turns; but Ryeowook did not miss the small glances and glimpses from both men to each other.

 

This was proceeding better than Ryeowook had imagined. And he didn’t even help.

 

“YES FINALLY!!!!” Heechul yelled after the photographer wrapped up the photo shoot. They had been posing non-stop for 4 hours. Spending the rest of the time playing by the beach, the members finally retreated back to the beach house at 7pm, in time for dinner. Shindong was the only one full of energy, stuffing himself with prawns and fish balls. The other members could just fall asleep right there and then. Sungmin was eating his rice with half-closed eyes. Eunhyuk yawned loudly. Leeteuk was drinking his soup as though in slow motion. Ryeowook was busy sending messages to Henry on his phone, and Kyuhyun was just on his game device. Donghae was biting onto his chopsticks, watching Kyuhyun’s game.

 

Yesung noticed how little Sungmin was eating, and he grabbed for a piece of fish. “Aaah~” he held up the piece of fish, signaling to Sungmin to open his mouth. Sungmin hesitated. Slowly opening his mouth Sungmin decided to accept Yesung’s offer. Heechul eyed them suspiciously…

 

Sungmin really couldn’t understand Yesung’s actions. It was making him think…

That the person Yesung is in love in was him…

 

The members finished their dinner quickly. All of them were too exhausted to chat while eating. They were glad that they did not have to take another three hour bus ride back to the dorm, as they set their sleeping bags on the floor. Yesung immediately placed his beside Sungmin’s, gaining another suspicious look from Heechul and a bewildered one from the rabbit. Leeteuk gave each of the members a peck on the forehead, and turned of the light before snuggling into his own sleeping bag.

 

Sungmin tried to find a comfortable spot to sleep. Turning to the side he came face to face with Yesung, who was staring into his eyes. Sungmin wanted to turn away, but Yesung’s eyes didn’t allow him to break away from his glance.

 

“Good night.” Yesung whispered. Sungmin felt like his heart was going to burst, managing a smile and feeling the exhaustion taking over his body, Sungmin drifted off into deep sleep.

 

Yesung continued his gaze. Hugging tightly onto Min, he just couldn’t tear his eyes away from Sungmin. His flawless skin, those perfect lips, the small smile Sungmin had on his face; Yesung knew he must be having a good dream. Yesung shifted himself closer to Sungmin, till his nose was almost touching Sungmin’s. Yesung lifted his hand from under the sleeping bag, reaching out slowly to caress Sungmin’s cheek.

 

Yesung realized just then that what he felt for Sungmin was so different from the way he had felt for Ryeowook. He really liked Ryeowook before, but not the same as how he loves Sungmin.

 

Yes.

 

He liked Ryeowook, but he loves Sungmin.

 

Yesung never knew to what extent was his love for Sungmin. But at that moment. He figured it out.

 

Gazing lovingly at Sungmin…

 

He could feel his heart pounding…

 

Slowly tilting his head…

 

And it happened.

 

Yesung planted a soft kiss on Sungmin’s lips.

 

 

TBC...