Chapter 7

Blind To Love

Yesung never felt anything like this. The stolen kiss, even though it was only a simple touching of lips, was able to cause him to be so overwhelmed. Yesung wanted the kiss to last longer, even though Sungmin wasn’t kissing him back. At least Yesung can imagine Sungmin is.

 

“AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” a piercing yell echoed the room, causing Yesung to break away from the kiss immediately. Donghae had suddenly sat up on his sleeping bag and screamed, before falling back asleep. Sungmin stirred, before turning to the other side, his back facing Yesung, finding a more comfortable spot to sleep. Yesung cursed under his breath. Stupid Donghae and his nightmares…

 

Yesung pretended to sleep as he could hear some members waking up drowsily due to the loud yell earlier on, and also grumbling that came from them. After few minutes, when the room was silent again, Yesung slowly opened his eyes to see Sungmin’s back facing him.

 

Then Yesung saw it.

 

As Sungmin flipped again, this time lying flat on his back, Yesung saw the eyes of the other member lying on another sleeping bag beside Sungmin, staring at Sungmin lovingly, the same way Yesung stares at Sungmin.

 

It was Kyuhyun.

 

Yesung met the eyes of Kyuhyun who looked up from Sungmin, and turned his body to the other side immediately. Not wanting to face the other man. Yesung was shocked, and angered, and jealous.

 

No… Why was Kyuhyun staring at Sungmin like that?

 

Is Kyuhyun in love with Sungmin? Doesn’t that mean that he stands a higher chance to be with Sungmin? Yesung was getting frustrated. Trying to capture Sungmin’s heart and attention was already tough, now a love rival? That was the last thing Yesung ever wanted to happen.

 

Kyuhyun stared at Yesung’s back suspiciously. After being woken up by Donghae’s scream, Kyuhyun had had been staring at his crush who was facing him. Looking up after a while, Kyuhyun caught Yesung staring at Sungmin too, and he could see how Yesung looked at Sungmin. It was the same way he did. Yesung is in love with Sungmin? Wasn’t he in love with Ryeowook? How is Kyuhyun going to fight against Yesung?!

 

Kyuhyun never showed his interest for Sungmin out in public. He had kept it to himself. But Kyuhyun was smart, and he had figured out Sungmin’s feelings for the turtle long before; but he never knew that the turtle love him back too! How is he going to win Sungmin’s heart?

 

I can’t lose Sungmin to him… Kyuhyun thought bitterly. Kyuhyun will do anything. Anything to get what he wants…

 

Even if it means to hurt Sungmin himself…

 

Sungmin really did have a great dream that night; therefore a cheery Sungmin could be seen the next morning. Breakfast was rushed, only a few pieces of bread and coffee. Kyuhyun and Yesung were not talking to each other, yet there was an exchange of glances between the two of them and to Sungmin.

 

Ryeowook had his eyebrows furrowed. Did something happen that he did not know?

 

They headed back to the dorm early that day, and off to their individual schedules. The only people left in the dorm were Leeteuk and Eunhyuk, who were heading out only at night for their Kiss the Radio show.

 

Yesung stepped into the lift, yawning. After a solo live performance, he was finally able to go home. Not only was he tired, he really wanted to see the man he love. As the doors were about to close, a hand suddenly appeared between the elevator doors, causing the lift door to open again. Yesung was stunned when he saw the man standing outside the lift.

 

It was Kyuhyun.

 

“Hey.” Kyuhyun greeted as he stepped into the lift. Yesung nodded, and pressed the close button. As the elevator’s doors finally closed, the elevator travelling up in an astonishing slow speed, Kyuhyun suddenly spoke.

 

“I like Sungmin.”

 

It was direct, too direct in Yesung’s opinion. But the confidence and unfaltering words uttered by Kyuhyun couldn’t make Yesung more depressed. If only he had that kind of courage to confess his feelings like Kyuhyun.

 

“Uhuh.” Was all Yesung could reply.

 

“Sungmin needs someone to protect him, to assure him that he will be safe around him. And I believe that I can do that.” Kyuhyun continued.

 

“Why are you telling me all these?” Yesung finally snapped. Why is Kyuhyun saying all these to him? Why is he telling him the things Sungmin needed which he feels he can never provide?

 

Finally reaching their dorm level, Kyuhyun turned to face Yesung, “I just want to say that if you really love Sungmin, you will know what is the best for him,” before stepping out of the elevator. Yesung slumped against the elevator wall. Those words pierced his heart, but it was the truth. Yesung had always been a failure, his dumb actions and really slow thinking. How is he going to be able to provide happiness for Sungmin? Yesung had to admit, but Sungmin was much better off with Kyuhyun than him…

 

Kyuhyun entered the dorm, and was greeted by Ryeowook who was cooking dinner, Sungmin helping out by cutting vegetables. Yesung entered the dorm a while after, his eyes filled with nothing but sadness. “Leeteuk and Eunhyuk are out for their radio show. Shiwon, Donghae, Heechul are starring in some television show.” Ryeowook announced to the two guys who just returned. No reply. Only the slamming of doors could be heard.

 

Yesung lay on his bed, his arm resting on his forehead. He stared up at the ceiling. Why is he so useless? Why is it that he doesn’t even have the ability to protect the person he loves? “I just want to say that if you really love Sungmin, you will know what is the best for him” The words echoed in Yesung’s mind. The best for Sungmin…

 

He really loves Sungmin… Yesung really love Sungmin till his heart hurt… Sungmin’s happiness meant the world to Yesung, and to ensure Sungmin’s happiness…

 

Was for Yesung to let him go…

 

“YAH!!! DINNER’S READY!!” Ryeowook shouted. Yesung sat up and straightened his clothes. He walked out of his shared room, and headed into the kitchen. Taking the seat beside Ryeowook, much to Ryeowook’s surprise, who had expected him to snatch for the seat beside Sungmin. Kyuhyun sat on the seat beside Sungmin and they ate their dinner in silence. The small glances from Sungmin to Yesung were clearly visible to Kyuhyun, but the only difference was. Yesung never once glance up at Sungmin…

 

Ryeowook was getting irritated by the silence. What the hell was happening between these three?!

 

Feeling the cool breeze, Yesung stared up at the night sky. It was beautiful, the stars the moon. Yesung was on the roof top, isolating himself from the other members. The rest of SUJU had already returned home, and he really needed some time alone, away from the din caused by Heechul and Donghae.

 

Yesung fondled with the ring he had bought on the day he realized his feelings for Sungmin. It was plain and simple, with the words “sarang haeyo” carved on it. It was a present for Sungmin, something he wanted to give on the day he confesses to him. But now, he will never have the chance to present this ring to Sungmin…

 

“Hey hyung~ what a beautiful ring.” Yesung jumped at the voice behind him, frantically stuffing the ring into his pocket. It was Sungmin. “H-hey…” Yesung greeted. Sungmin gazed up at the sky. He sighed. “Isn’t the sky so beautiful today?”

 

“yeah.” Yesung replied. The two of them stared up at the sky for some time. Then, Sungmin spoke. “The stars are shining so brightly.” Yesung nodded.

 

“Sungmin… you are just like them.” Yesung’s reply shocked Sungmin. Sungmin stared at his hyung, who was still gazing at the sky. Yesung continued, “Just by yourself, you are able to shine so brightly. Under this endless sky, just one twinkle and anyone can notice a star immediately. No matter how long someone stares at that one star, no one will get bored of it. They will just fall more in love with that star that shines so brightly, just like you…”

 

Sungmin never felt happier. He could feel his heart pounding like crazy. Yesung’s words have touched him so deeply. It was the best compliment he had ever received. He couldn’t take it anymore. If he doesn’t let it out, he will explode sooner or later.

 

“H-hyung…” Sungmin stammered.

 

“Hmmmm?” Yesung stared down at Sungmin. Sungmin bit his lip, his face turning beet red.

 

“H-hyung… I…. I love you!”

 

Sungmin said it. He finally said it. The feelings bottled in him for countless years. He finally said it.

 

Yesung couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Did he hear right? Did he not just imagine it?

 

Sungmin loves me… Sungmin loves me… Yesung repeated the words in his head.

 

Sungmin, the man he loves, actually returns his feelings!! Yesung could just kiss Sung-….

 

No. Yesung snapped himself out of his daze. Sungmin will never be happy with him. They will in the beginning, but not forever. Sungmin needed protection, Sungmin needed assurance, Sungmin needed things that fail!sung can never give…

 

“I… I am sorry.”

 

Sungmin could hear his heart breaking.

 

While Yesung’s heart had already burst into pieces. 

 

 

TBC...