Humiliation

Power is the Root of All Evil

If she thought she couldn’t be any more humiliated, that her life couldn’t possibly get any worse, Emilia was wrong. She discovered true hell the day Yongguk revealed the dog collar and chain. They were in the bedroom at the time, and Emilia had shaken her head in disbelief. Yongguk had smirked. A few minutes later and she was being tugged along after him to the living room where he’d smugly shown her off to the other members. Her cheeks burned as everyone turned to face the embarrassing sight and laughter erupted. Himchan stood up to get a closer look.

“Can I have a go hyung?”

“No!” Yongguk barked. “She’s mine.” He said, not for the first time, as he gave an experimental tug on the chain. “Come on ” He laughed as he started to walk back to the door, and Emilia was forced to follow him. “Let’s test out these amulets!” And so the blonde posse, led by Yongguk and his ‘pet’ left the room.

Emilia froze as they came to the cellar door. The chain caught and Yongguk’s spun round to investigate the sudden resistance. Emilia shot him a desperate look.

“Please don’t make me go in there like this…” She whispered, her face pale. Yongguk shot her his signature smirk.

“Beg.” He ordered and she turned self-consciously to the other 5 guys, all watching her. She bit her lip and, coming to the conclusion that humiliating herself out here was better than in there, she reluctantly sank to her knees and looked up at her captor. She pressed her hands together.

“Please?” Yongguk laughed.

“Na” Without warning he yanked hard on the chain, causing Emilia to temporarily see stars as she was forced to stand up  and fall against his solid chest. She jumped back, her cheeks burning scarlet and he chuckled softly as he opened the cellar door and marched the group in.

*

Emilia wanted to die. No exaggeration, she genuinely wanted to. She couldn’t look at any of them, so she kept her head down, somehow hoping that the hair falling over her face would disguise her identity. Yeah right, even if she wasn’t hiding from the 5 guys she’d grown up with, the fact that she was the only girl here kinda gave her away, not to mention her curly brown hair which wasn’t the most common style among Asian girls. With a tug on the chain far more violent than necessary, she was pulled over to Youngjae, who the leader took the precious amulets from, swinging them carelessly in front of him. Emilia could grab them, but then what? She couldn’t run. So she just watched them. Another yank and she was following after Yongguk as he swaggered towards the other fallen leader.

 “You missing something oh mighty G-Dragon?” He taunted, swinging a heavy amulet centimetres from his face. “Finders keepers, I’m afraid.” He laughed as he walked back to the middle of the room, again pulling Emilia after him. He stopped and cupped Emilia’s chin, forcing her to look at him. “Show Bang Leader how these things work, princess.” He boomed. Emilia averted her eyes. Slap. Her left cheek stung painfully. “You ignoring me darling?” He hissed. Emilia said nothing and the force of the next slap was almost enough to knock her off balance. She swallowed and turned to face the leader.

“Maybe putting it round your neck would be a good place to start.” She said bitterly and suddenly Yongguk’s face was in hers.

“Maybe you should think about your attitude,” He growled. “I’ve had enough of you.” He yanked her hard and passed the chain over to Himchan who gave her a scary smile. She stood as far away as she could from him and watched the leader put the amulet round his neck. It began to glow and he looked down excitedly, turning eagerly to the rest of B.A.P and then laughing at Bigbang. But, as Emilia had predicted, all of a sudden the light began to fade until it was barely radiating anymore. Yongguk frowned at Youngjae to give him an answer. Youngjae shrugged.

“Maybe we should all put them on?” He suggested and Yongguk nodded. As there were only 5 members of Bigbang there were only 5 amulets, so Yongguk handed them over to everyone except Himchan who pouted in annoyance and tugged the chain to vent his anger. Emilia coughed and glared at the evil member. When they all had the amulets round their necks, B.A.P stood in an almost-circle and waited for something to happen. As before, they all glowed, but this time much brighter. Yongguk grinned but warily, as he waited for them to go out. They didn’t…for a few seconds longer…and then again they faded. Yongguk growled and started shouting at the other aliens to make them work.

“They’re not going to work.” The tired voice immediately silenced the leader, as he turned towards the source. G-Dragon made no eye contact, as though he’d never spoken.

“What did you say?” Yongguk asked after a while. There was a pause. Then as though it was an almighty effort, G-Dragon looked up.

“They’re not going to work.” He repeated, just as nonchalantly. He waited for Yongguk to interrupt, but when he just glared at him, he continued. “They only work for us.” He turned away as if to say he wouldn’t say anything else, and for some reason Yongguk turned to Emilia for confirmation. She nodded half-heartedly and there was a long silence. The leader walked towards Emilia, took the lead off Himchan and left the room, dragging her behind him.