Mom's Story

Hi, I'm a S.I.T

My mom and I were doing the dishes.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked her, she looked worried.
"I'm a little bit worried." She said. I knew it.
"What are you worried about?"
"About you," She said, "and about what Unnie said."
"You mean the whole boys issue?" I was quite surprised that she brought it up, I didn't expect that.
"Let's sit for a while, so I can explain" She said, I was confused.
"Okay, tell me what's wrong."
"It's about what Unnie said, that you should have a boyfriend. When i heard that I felt very guilty.." She explained.
"Why are you feeling guilty?" I was even more confused now.
"Because of the whole spy thing you're technically not allowed to have a boyfriend, you know?"
"Yeah, I kinda wanted to ask you about that." I started
"You can ask me anything, SooMee." She said.
"Well, I know that 'Don't fall In Love' is the most important spy rule. Why?" I already wanted to ask her this for quite a while now..
"Because it's dangerous. When you fall in love with someone who's not a spy, they can come into danger. When you fall in love with a hostile spy, you both can come into danger, because you're both from another headquarters and you're supposed to not like eachother."
"What about falling in love with a spy that's in the same HQ as me?" I asked curiously.
"That's not really a big deal I guess." She said, "But let me tell you a secret.."
"What is it??"
"These rules are often broken."
"Really?!"
"Yes, have I ever told you about me and your dad?"
"No, you didn't. Do you please want to tell me? I'm very curious!"  
"Fine, I will tell you" She started to telling her story.

"I was a SIT, just like you. My parents were very strict, they wouldn't allow me to have a boyfriend because of the Spy Rules. But then I met you're father, it was love at first sight. We had many dates and eventually we became boyfriend and girlfriend. But we had to keep it a secret from our parents, your dad told me that his parents were also very strict. It sure wasn't easy for us.

It was time for my SIT Graduation. To graduate, I had to do an exam mission that would prove if I was capable of being a true spy. My parents told me about the mission, I had to prevent a bank from being robbed. Back then I thought it would be very easy, I only had to prevent a stupid little bank from being robbed by some , I thought. But it turned out to everything I didn't expect...

I was hiding in the bank, until I saw the spy that would try to rob it. Bevore he even had a chance, I was running towards him. When he saw me, he was trying to escape but he wasn't fast enough. When I got close enough, I grabbed him and pushed him on the ground. He was wearing a mask and I only could see his eyes. When I took a good look into his eyes, I could see who it was...."

"WHO WAS IT?!" I interrupted her, I couldn't take it anymore. She was a pro in telling stories, especially when they were true.

She continued telling the story.

"It was the one person whom I didn't expect it to be. It was... your dad.." She looked sad while thinking about it.
"WHAT?! Dad was a hostile spy?!" I was kinda shocked.
"Yes.. I was quite shocked too.."
"What happened then?!"

She continued again.

"When I saw that it was your dad, I ripped the mask of his head and it indeed was him. "YoungDae?!" I yelled and at the same time he yelled "HaYun?!", I could see that he was just as shocked as me. "Let's sit and talk" he suggested, so we did.

"So.." YoungDae started.
"... You're a Spy?" I asked him, although it was kinda ovious.
"Yes, you too?"
"No, I'm still a SIT. This is my Graduation Mission..."
"So.. to become a spy, you need to defeat me?"
"Yes, I need to prevent you from robbing this bank" I was about to start crying.
"You don't need to cry, HaYun. I will make sure you graduate."
"What do you mean?" I didn't quite understand him actually.
"I mean that I will go back to my HQ and pretend that I lost from you and you can tell to your HQ that you won, so you can graduate." He explained to me.

I hugged him.

"You don't need to do that, I.."
"Yes I do, I love you HaYun. I want you to graduate so you can become the best spy ever!"
"I just don't know what to say.."
"You must go home and say to your parents that you stopped me."

So I did. My parents believed me and I graduated. I became a spy and my parents couldn't have been more proud, they said.
Everything seemed perfect, I was still dating YoungDae and my parents hadn't figured it out... yet.
Until the day came that they did find out about me having a boyfriend. After all these years, I still don't know how they figured out.

When I came back from school, my parents were sitting at the table. They looked at me with the most angry and disappointed faces I've ever seen and I immediately knew what was going on. They told me to sit down at the table. When I sat down, it begun.
I've never been so scolded like that before in my entire life. It was truly horrible. But that wasn't the only thing, the scolding was just the beginning.
They said that I had ruined my family's pride, therefore, they banned me from their lives. They told me to get all my stuff and to move out immediately. They never wanted to see me again, just like the rest of my family.

That night, I slept on a bench in the park. When I woke up the next day, my back was incredibly sore. I couldn't handle it anymore so I just started crying, I almost commited suicide... Until your dad called me. He told me that his family had figured out that we were dating... His parents were also very mad and they did the same thing as my parents, they banned him... When I told him about what my parents did, he immediately came to me.
We told eachother everything, we didn't have secrets for each other anymore.

"HaYun, I think I have the solution to our problems."
"What is it?"
"Well, because we are banned from our families... Let's start our own."
"Do you mean.."
"Yes." YoungDae kneeled in front of me and showed me a ring. "Do you want to marry me?"
"Yes!" I said, I was so happy. I truly loved YoungDae and I wanted to spend the rest of my live with him.

So.. That's about it." My mom finished the story. "SooMee? Are you crying?"

I indeed was crying, it was so touching.

"Yes, of course I'm crying mom. That was the best love story I've ever heard!!" I shouted.
"Calm down a bit, SooMee"
"Okay, mom." I said, "So, what if I get a boyfriend? Will you and dad be mad at me?"
"You don't even have a boyfriend yet, what to worry about?"
"You're the one who was worried at first!"
"I know, I know." She looked at her watch, "it's already 11 PM, you should go to bed know."
"But, what about.."
"We will talk again later." She interrupted me, "you have to go to bed now."
"Okay mom, I will see you again tomorrow."
"Have nice dreams, honey."
"I will mom." I hugged her, "I'm so glad you're back"
"Me too." She said.
"See you tomorrow!" I said while going to my room.