I'll Be There.

I Knew From the Start.

My eyes widened as we ended up at her dad's company, Kang Corporations. She noticed the expression displayed on my face and let out a small laugh. 

"You wanted to come." She said. I snapped out of it and looked at her. I let out an awkward laugh, "It's okay." I said as we started walking in.

Everyone bowed once they saw Riah and greeted her. We made our way to the front desk and she took of her sunglasses. "I'm here to talk to my dad." She said in an annoyed voice.

The blonde haired girl behind the desk looked at her with a serious face and forced a smile. "I'll let him know you're here." She said. I could tell she didn't like Riah for some reason.

Riah rolled her eyes and walked back towards me, putting her sunglasses on in the process. The girl looked at me and I quickly bowed.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked. Riah looked back at the girl, "We're not too fond of each other." She said. I slowly nodded my head.

We sat down for about 5 minutes until her dad walked out of the elevator. I immediately stood up and bowed. 

He was a slim man with salt and pepper hair. He had a smile on his face; he looked really nice. He looked at me with his brows raised.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you." I said. He quickly smiled, "Oh, you're Kyuhyun's son!" He said. I pursed my lips into a line, "Ah, yes." I said.

He laughed as he shook my hand. Riah just stood there, glaring at him. "What did you need?" She asked in a rushed tone.

He let go of my hand and looked at her. "Come into my office and we'll talk." I looked at Riah and she didn't look too pleased. "I'll wait here." I said.

I was sitting down for about 20 minutes, doing everything on my phone to keep me entertained when I heard yelling.

The elevator doors opened and there was Riah and her father. They were screaming at each other. I stood up and looked on at them.

"You don't get it dad! This isn't what I want to do!" She yelled at him. "Kang Riah!" He yelled back in a very strong, dominant voice.

He scared me so I had no idea how Riah was able to keep arguing. Her eyes met mine and she walked towards me snatching my hand in hers and dragging me out of the building.

"Kang Riah, get back here!" Her dad's voice faded in the background. We got outside and she let go of my hand.

She screamed out as she messed up her hair. I could see her eyes getting watery. She wanted to cry but she was trying everything to keep it in.

I put my hands on her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "Let it out." I said. She looked at me and bit down on her bottom lip. 

"No. I'm not weak." She said in a low voice, choking up. I gave her a small smile. "Even the strongest cry." I said.

She threw herself into my arms and hugged me tight as she cried onto my chest. I felt my heart skip a beat at the contact between us.

She let down her guard for me. She was in my arms, in a vulnerable state. But I was here, I was here to comfort her.

I put my arms around her and hugged her back. I patted her back as she continued to cry. "It's okay." I said in a comforting voice. She nodded her head.