Party

Deer x Fish

3rdchap for the day

 

 

Donghae was seated in his study table, dialing a phone number. He was drumming his fingers impatiently, waiting for the receiver to answer but unfortunately three rings passed but the receiver is not answering.

The recorded byte said over the speakers. “Your call cannot be connected for the moment. Please leave a message after the beep…BEEP..”

Donghae stood. “Yuri-ah. It’s about tonight’s party…”

He was interrupted by a voice. “Donghae you there?”

“Donghae!”

Yoona! What a good timing!

“I’ll call you back later okay.. The party! It will be fun I swear!”

And he cut off the connection, turning his attention to the disturbance.

“What do you want?”

“You’re so slow, what are you doing?” she asked. She was carrying a box on her hands.

“Hey what’s that?”

And she threw to it to his face

“You’re so violent! I thought you are trying to be good!”

“Whatever.” droned Yoona. “Just open the box.”

“Huh?”

“You’ll understand when you open it.” She explained. “I have to be ready so I’ll come over in half an hour.”

And she closed her window, vanishing.

***

“Coming in!”

Donghae’s mom almost leaped in amazement. “Oh my! You’re so cute Yoona!”

Yoona smiled. She was dressed in a black night gown with an equally exquisite scarf to cover her bare shoulders. Her hair was tied in a neat ponytail and she seemed to feminine, far from her violent self.

“Donghae. Come over here and check her out!”

“Okay.” Muttered Donghae.

He came out of his room. He was stunning too, wearing not the usual casual clothes but a very formal suit.

Eunjoon clapped her hands in admiration to her son. “Donghae. You look amazing!”

“It’s the perfect size.” commented Yoona.

“Is it really okay for me to borrow this suit from you?” he asked. His hair was combed neatly to his forehead. He looked amazing and for a second his scary eyes is hidden with his elegance.

“You’re not borrowing. They’re yours now.”

“Mine?” he complained, showing her a embroided lettering . “But the name of your father is sown inside.”

“He left that to me because it doesn’t fit him.” She answered. “Just take it.”

“Wearing his castoffs? Are you messing with me?”

“If you don’t want it I’ll just throw it away.”

Donghae looked at her and smiled. “No I’ll take it.”

 

***

“I am thanking you for coming in a party planned by yours truly, the god of broken hearts.” Siwon announced. He was wearing nothing but a Santa goatee and ridiculous green pants. “Everyone, i truly appreciate your cooperation.”

He raised a sparkler. “So..are you ready?”

Everybody else raised their own sparkler.

“GO!”

And in a minute, the hall was filled with pretty lights.

“Merry Christmas!”

 

***

“Wow Donghae.” Said Eunhyuk. “I am surprised that you can afford such expensive suit.”

Eunhyuk and the others were just wearing casual outfits. It made DOnghae felt like he’s so isolated. It’s a good thing Yoona is with him. Both of them were formally dressed.

“Yoona gave this to me.”

He noticed that Yoona was nowhere to be found.

“What are you looking at?” asked Eunhyuk. “Oh! Where in the world is Jessica? She must looked astounding too!”

“Yeah.” He said weakly. “I think I saw a glimpse of her earlier.”

“Was she hot? Was she hot?” asked Eunhyuk excitedly.

Or more accurately, ertedly.

“Yeah. But Yoona is hot too don’t you think?” he said, surprised of the words coming from his mouth.

“Yah Yoona. Not bad too.”

And then the lights went out.

**

The curtains on the stage parted. Everyone was clueless of what’s happening but they felt like something big was going to happen.

Something special.

Everyone gasped as they saw who was on the stage.

Two microphones stood there and before the microphones were…

“Jessica? Yoona?”

And with the music’s beat they began to sing.

**

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no egao

kimi ni todoketa PARTY NIGHT

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no negai

kimi ni chikaunda HOLY HOLY NIGHT

 

kotoshi no CHRISTMAS chotto tokubetsu sa

WHITE CHRISTMAS janaku datte

hoshikuzu no ILLUMINATION

hora furitsumoru yo

 

kirakira kagayaite

minna ga shiawase de

chikachika matataite

minna ga yume wo mite

 

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no egao

kimi ni todoketa PARTY NIGHT

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no negai

kimi ni chikaunda HOLY HOLY NIGHT

 

kotoshi no CHRISTMAS kitto tokubetsu sa

LONELY CHRISTMAS ja tsumaranai

egao ha ILLUMINATION

hora kazatteageru

 

yurayura yurameite

minna de te wo tsunagi

pikapika kirameite

minna de hoshi miage

 

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no egao

kimi ni todoketa PARTY NIGHT

saa CHRISTMAS ippai no negai

kimi ni chikaunda HOLY HOLY NIGHT

 

It was a very tender moment as these two used to fight and they rarely get along well but here they were, singing how beautiful Christmas was.

 

Was it because Yoona is already changing?

 

Or Christmas really changes people?

 

Donghae remembered how Yoona tries to keep her temper and how she spent her money to send lavish gifts for everyone.

 

I hope Yuri was here, then she can see her.

 

Yoona winked at Donghae while singing, waving her hands.

 

She has singing talents.

 

**

 

“Yuri-ah. It’s about tonight’s party…” said Donghae’s recorded voice. She was sitting on her bed’s mattress listening to his message.

She gasped as she heard Yoona call DOnghae over the speakers.

“Donghae!”

“I’ll call you later. Please come.”

Yuri felt tears in her eyes. She clenched her fist. She cannot betray Yoona now. She cannot deceive her friend.

Even if she loves him.

***

“Ahh that was awesome!” exclaimed Eunhyuk, hurrying at the stage to congratulate the newest singing duo.  “Yoona and Jessica are both hot and cute too.”

“It was like a dream come true!” said Leeteuk. But it would be better if Taeyeon is the one singing there.

“So you’re here?” said a voice. It was Jessica, smiling. “I did not expect it. After all… Anyway, how’s my singing?”

“It was amazing. When did you practice for it?”

Jessica chuckled and it sounded promising. “if it wasn’t kept a secret, it wouldn’t be a surprise isn’t it? Were you surprised?”

“Yeah, I was totally caught off guard.” He looked around. “Where’s Yoona? I think she did her best. I wanted to give her a hug as a reward.”

He was surprised by himself. Give her a hug?

“Yoona left already.” answered Jessica. “You didn’t know?”

“Oh.”

“Seriously, you didn’t notice?”

He nodded.

“She’s going to Yuri’s place.” She said. “She said she wanted her to come here and she would go home. It was something about welcoming Santa I think.”

“Why is she doing that?” asked Donghae. “Why is she coming home?”

“I don’t know.” She answered. “Maybe there is something she don’t want to see.” Her tone gotten more serious. “That’s why I gave you an advice. “

“Advice?”

“I think you should stop playing this stupid playhouse. Why do you have to pretend to be daddy? “ Jessica turned back her tears. “Whatever.” And she left swiftly.

What the heck?

She thought.

He didn’t even listen to me back then.

Donghae was left thinking. Yoona will do whatever it takes to be good.

Even if that hurts her and even though she has to sacrifice something