First day

Deer x Fish

 

The weather was great.

 

However, this is a place out of the sunlight.

 

It had been an ordinary morning when I had met her.

 

I’ll say it again but I am an extremely normal high school student or I should be.

 

If it wasn’t for this horrible expression.

 

I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth.

 

I just hate looking at my face.

 

It’s not that I think I am ugly.

 

I think I am pretty good-looking too.

 

It’s just because of my scary facial expression.

 

I went out of my room and started to fix the dining table.

 

Breakfast time.

 

“Hae, where are you going?”

 

It was my mom.

 

“I’m going to school umma.” I answered as I served her the food. “I told you yesterday that today is the start of the new term right?”

 

She smiled at me. “The opening ceremony is it? Congratulations Hae. From now on, you will be a third year high school student.” She clapped her hands delightedly.

 

I looked at her observantly. A few blush-on was still in her face. Not to mention the lipstick.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to remove your make-up before you go to sleep?” I leaned to give her a cleansing tissue. “You said it was troubling so I even bought you a cleansing tissue.”

 

She bowed. “Sorry.” And hugged me from behind. “I drank too much. “

 

 I’ll say this there’s isn’t any misunderstanding.

 

This woman was my mother and I loved her.

 

 

She was working at the town’s singular snack bar. Her alias is Eunjoon. Her real name is Heenim actually but she prefers being called Eunjoon.

 

“Donghae. Open the curtains please. It’s pretty dark.”

 

I frowned and giggled at the same time, if that was possible. “They are open!”

 

She looked at the window and giggled too. “That’s right.”

 

Actually, the reason why it’s dark is not the curtains but a huge building blocking the sunlight.

 

“It’s a huge apartment isn’t it?” She muttered. “I wonder what kind of people lived there.”

 

I sighed.

 

Living there for almost six years, our house has been nicely exposed to the sun.

 

That is until last year when that super deluxe apartment had been built right next door.

 

We both sighed.

 

“Don’t forget to lock the door.” I said as I dressed myself to school.

 

“Yes sir!”

 

“And turn off the light if they are not in usage. Okay?”

 

“Yes! You are just turning like your father. “

 

I left without a word. Not even bothered to say goodbye.

 

That was one thing I never wanted to hear.

 

She keeps on saying that dad is in heaven right now.

 

That he was really a cool guy.

 

That he always puts a newspaper in his stomach so that he will be okay even though he was stabbed.

 

How I hate it.

 

“Yo Donghae” a voice screamed, knocking me away from my thoughts.

 

“Hey Siwon ! Good morning!”

 

I’ll just have to clear the misunderstandings as they appear.

 

At least there was one guy in school that understands me.

 

He joined me to school, sharing his stories with me.

 

No one had ever done that before.

 

Because everyone fears me.

 

He joined me checking our class assignments.

 

And..

 

We’re classmates.

 

As I entered the classroom, I’d swear that everyone felt disgusted.

 

Of course, they don’t want me there.

 

They kept on whispering things which disgraced me.

 

“As always, it looks like there are some people who misunderstands you.” Siwon remarked as he chose the seat beside mine, which is on the far back.

 

I looked at him, pleased that someone had finally sat beside me. “Nah. It’s okay. I am not worrying about it.”

 

I am not really worried with it.

 

Because I am happy.

 

Really.

 

I felt like flying.

 

It’s not because I am in the same class as Siwon but because I am in the same class as…

 

“Oh. Siwon-oppa. Looks like we are in the same class again!” said Yuri as she walked towards us.

 

Yuri.

 

The girl I am dreaming for a long time.

 

The girl I loved.

 

The girl I want to be my wife.

 

“Donghae isn’t it?” She asked as she extended a hand. “We’ve grazed several times around Siwon.” She smiled.

 

The heaven had smiled at me.

 

“Eh?” she said when I did not respond. “Nice to meet you Donghae!” She walked away, waving goodbye.

 

After she actually talked to me, why couldn’t I respond something better?

 

I should have said something more interesting.