A sudden reversal

Love isn't a fairytale

 

It has been long since I last slept pass the morning sun and the shopping trip had proven to help me sleep through the night. The room was starting to feel warm and I was sweating like a pig under my thick blanket. The afternoon sun had warmed my room and the air conditioner that I usually set on timer was switched off for a few hours. I kicked my blanket aside and took my phone as the white LED light was blinking.

 

4 missed calls and a text from Yunho.

 

‘Pick up your ing phone! Are you awake?’

 

I rolled my eyes and replied his text.

 

‘RUDE! Just.’

 

I threw my phone back to the table and it vibrated immediately. I unlocked it and Yunho was really quick with his fingers.

 

“Oh? An image?”

 

‘Good morning :D’

 

As soon as I saw the photo, I tried not to choke on my saliva and closed it immediately. It took me awhile to acknowledge how good looking and fresh Yunho looked. I picked up the phone again to ogle at his face then it hit me.

 

Why am I admiring Yunho’s selca?

 

I threw the phone aside. My phone vibrated loudly against the wooden table.  I hissed, “what now…” getting irritated as I unlocked my phone again to see another reply from Yunho.

 

‘Send me one too! SELCAS ARE GOOD EVIDENCES THAT DOESN’T LIE JAE’

 

I groaned and rubbed the back of my neck. Do we have to do this? I am never a morning person, in this case, afternoon person.

 

Yunho buzzed my phone again.

 

‘Stop looking all piss-y and just send me a photo. I know you were staring at my lips x’

 

I laughed. Where does he get his self-confidence from? I wasn’t staring at his lips… more like my healthy brain isn’t alert enough to go fan boy mode. I did take selcas into consideration. I hesitated. What if my monster sisters and nasty mother decides to check my phone while I am off guard? The youngest always gets bullied. I unwillingly open my camera application and took an unwilling self-shot for him.

 

‘PLEASE DON’T DISTURB ME ANYMORE.’

 

I did not expect a reply immediately. Ýunho was really quick with his replies. ‘Does the vitamin D always make people so y or is it just me? JAE YOU GLOW LIKE THE SUN.’

 

Se-y?! What… How was my morning face y? Was Yunho really ually deprived or something because he needs to check his brain. While my brain rambled with sarcastic remarks on Yunho and his witty answers that I’ve gotten these days, my phone buzzed again and Yunho was awfully chatty this morning.

 

‘YEAH YEAH ICE PRINCESS. I know you love it when I say you are y and how you glow :). See you at your parent’s place! My gut feel tells me that you are attempting to ruin what I coordinated for you. TELEPATHY JAE TELEPATHY. WE ARE SO MEANT TO BE. I trust you with the outfit that I coordinated. Please don’t attempt to ruin yourself today because how you look reflects on my fashion coordinating abilities :)

 

“Telepathy huh….” I scoffed, throwing the initial compliment to the back of my head. That narcissistic bastard is going to show off again. No way am I going to let this go. This party is about me. I have to dress as me and not cloning Yunho. I locked my phone and look across the table where my shopping bags were.

 

“We shall see.”

 

X

 

 

I drove into the driveway as soon as the majestic gate opened. How long as it been since I last walked pass this gate? Oh right, mother mentioned five years. Five long years and everything in this household seem to change so drastically. The guards at the guard post seem to have grown more white hair, the dogs that used to be puppy size is so large and fluffy discarding its cute image, and the bare trees that were growing near the entrance of the gate are now blossoming with bright crimson flowers.

 

Our butler that used to have jet black hair have growing number of grey hair, and crow feet wrinkle gathered around his eyes as he smiled to welcome me.

 

“Welcome home Jaejoong” he bowed and greeted me politely. Mr. Lee looked up and I saw his eyes widen even though he hasn’t open his mouth to say something. I hope my new transformation isn’t too wild because Yunho and his cloning techniques…

 

Scratch that. I walked over and gave him a nice warm hug “I am home Mr. Lee and yes, how’s my wild look?” I gave a hearty laugh.

 

Mr. Lee gave a soft chuckle as he return the hug, patting my back. I miss his embrace and he reminded me of my late grandfather.

 

He pulled away from my embrace and ushered me into the house. “The transformation is good I am glad the five years changed you well. Jaejoong, your mother is waiting for you at the garden.” He brought out his hand directing me to the direction of our garden. As I walked up the steps from the driveway to the main door of our house, I saw a familiar mini cooper parked at the corner of the porch under the tree.

 

I stopped in my steps and Mr. Lee stopped too, looking into my direction.

 

“Isn’t that…” I pointed at the mini cooper.

 

“Yes, Ms. Choi is here accompanying your mother.” Mr. Lee said.

 

I was hoping that the mini cooper doesn’t belong to the pig but it seems my nightmare is starting. I sighed heavily and buried my face in my palm.

 

I could hear the loud chattering from the kitchen and I am dreading to step out of the kitchen to the tent in the garden. My nine sisters are there, my parents are there, my annoying soon-to-be fiancée is there, but where is Yunho!  Mr. Lee had left me alone so I could stay calm and composed but this isn’t working. In fact, I sense a mini panic attack coming. Oh god, I think I need a paper bag to breathe into. Oh wait, I haven’t thought of my coming home speech yet and Yunho who was supposed to be my knight is not here with his silver amour!

 

“Crap…” I slammed my fist against the granite island in the middle of the kitchen. The metal pot that was sitting on the edge of the island dropped onto the ground, causing everyone in the tent to look at my direction. I stiffen as the chattering stopped and I knew they were looking at my direction. “Okay, just got real.” I took a deep breath and brought out my best smile.

 

I quickly picked up and returned the pot that was lying on the floor. I gave a cough and confidently walked up to my mother who suddenly looked stern and had a hand placed on Sooyoung’s arm that had hooked under hers.

 

Before I could even reach out to my mother, my sixth sister Suyong came running to me and pulled me into a very tight embrace, choking me.

 

“N-NOONA!” I tried to pry her arms away from my neck because my small lungs are going to flatten out soon if she doesn’t let go. “I CAN’T BREATHE!!!”

 

Suyong quickly pulled away and patted my back. “Omo, I’m sorry honey it’s just I was so excited! It’s been five years!!” She started squealing, cupping my face and pulled my cheeks. “LOOK AT THIS CUTIE, YOU LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT BUT I AM LOVING THIS RED HAIR!”

 

Although it felt good listening to noona squealing over my hair and pulling my cheeks, to be honest, it was a little annoying and loud but not as loud as Sooyoung. Sooyoung was surprisingly quiet even though I expected her to come attack me first before Suyong noona. I gave a nervous laugh as I rubbed my cheeks looking into the direction of my stern mother.

 

Yikes! Better greet her or I am going to be ‘squared’.

 

I walked over to her and bowed. “Good afternoon mother.”

 

“Is your head on fire?” My stern mother replied coldly. I could feel her cold gaze staring down at me. “Did you not bring a partner?”

 

I looked up and hastily replied her while trying really hard to not roll my eyes. If she wants to play, I’ll play along. “No, my hair was just shy.” Her remark kind of hurt even if she doesn’t approve of my hair color. I tried not to laugh because my mother just rolled her eyes. I definitely took after her.

 

The ice has melted and my mother was still that sweet old lady who tries to be stern but is completely fail at it. “Umma…” I whined as I hooked onto her free arm completely ignoring the existence of Choi Sooyoung.

 

Yes, whining works whenever I want to divert her question. Yunho was very late but mother is persistent this time.

 

“Jae, where is your partner?” She asked. Sooyoung who was on the other side, looked at me with her big scary dolly eyes. It’s creepy.

 

“Was I supposed to bring one?”

 

“Umma, Jaejoong oppa doesn’t have one.” She finally spoke. I was trying not to say it but I think I said it out loud “what makes you so sure that you are still in the league?”

 

Ouch. I shrugged inside.

 

Sooyoung pouted and my mother gave me another glare. “Young man, be nice to her.” How much has she flattered the queen during these years? My mother is completely on her side now.

 

“I-uh…”

 

“Hi honey!” Yunho pulled me from behind into his embrace and kissed me on my lips. Oh dear lord my shiny knight in amour is here to rescue me… NOT!

 

My family gasped. My eyes widen. Bad move, Yunho, bad move. I completely forgotten that my family are against homoual relationships and my absence from during this period—

 

“YUNHO!” My mother beamed as she pulled Yunho away from me and cupped his cheeks. Yunho chuckled and pulled her into an embrace and kissed her cheek. “Hi Mrs Kim!”

 

WAIT, WHAT THE JUST HAPPENED?

 

I stood rooted to the spot. My noonas flocked to him, one by one pulling him by the arm to give him a hug. A good thing was Yunho completely stole Sooyoung’s limelight as she stood irritably aside as my sisters pushed her away from Yunho. I tried not to laugh because it was evident that they completely hate her, that boot princess.

 

“Can someone please explain to me what just happened? Why is Mr. flirty all chummy with my family and suddenly becomes the sunshine boy that everybody loves?” I asked in a slightly y tone, standing one hand akimbo. “And mother, that was completely unnecessary. Why are you smiling ear to ear when you saw Yunho while you turned Ice queen on me?”

 

Everyone tried to stifle their laughter while Yunho spoke, “Jae, are you perhaps jealous?”

 

I gasped. Everyone was on Yunho’s side. “Are you telling me you guys are in this together? OH MY GOD? THIS IS CONSPIRACY!” I threw my hands up and exclaimed, shooting my father a look. He ignored my pleas and pretended to not receive whatever message I just send through my eyes.

 

Did I not mention how exciting my life was ever since Yunho has entered my life? I groaned and ruffled my hair.

 

Sooyoung crossed her arms and whined at my mother, “Umma… who is this guy?” My mother who was all laughter as she joked with Yunho and my sisters turned around to reply her. “Yunho? Jaejoong’s fiancé.”

 

Second impact.

 

“WHAT?” My jaw completely dropped as I turned to look at Yunho who gave me a very blinding smile that I wished I could punch him till his teeth all fall out. I was kept in the dark all these while.

 

Let’s be honest. I was secretly happy for awhile because Sooyoung aka pig princess wasn’t going to be my fiancée. I tried to hide my grin. I shouldn’t be happy; I should be defiant for awhile. I should pretend that I am not into gay relationships, to show at least I am a normal straight boy like every other South Korean kid. It’s something to do with a pride for being cheated by my family.

 

But all the pride that I build crumbled when Yunho walked over to me and pulled me into his embrace. My forehead was resting against his chest; I could feel it with my forehead since his shirt was rather thin.

 

“” I mumbled under my breath as Yunho chuckled, causing his stomach to contract inwardly. I broke into a grin while hiding behind his chest.

 

Yunho needs to stop making my heart flutter and my inner angel dancing on cloud nine.

X

 

 

 

 

 

A/N 1: I am sorry for using sooyoung! She's my favourite girl but I just needed a pretty girl who is talkative and eats a lot. Please forgive me!

A/N 2: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WROTE OKAY BECAUSE I GOT SO CAUGHT UP WITH WRITING THAT I TOTALLY FORGOT WHAT I WANTED ORIGINALLY.

A/N 3: The next chapter is going to be the last :(