i hate the girl in me

Love isn't a fairytale

 

 

Three days have gone passed since I received a phone call from mum. I sat in my wing chair with my leg resting on the footstool. It was supposedly a beautiful Wednesday morning with my favourite cereal and talk show but the whole engagement party is spoiling my mood for the entire week.

 

“I NEED A PARTNER DAMN IT.” I spoke with my mouth full as I stuffed spoonful of cornflakes into my mouth. My house is in an utter pig sty right now and it only happens when I have a thesis to submit or like in this case, overly stressed out.

 

Changmin came over last night and refused to sit on my arm chair because it was filled with papers and being the clean freak, he rather stand and protect his Armani suit – jerk.

 

“Hyung I don’t understand why you refuse to ask Yunho hyung for help. It’s not like you can approach any of your Ex-s’.”

 

Changmin did make a point while he said in his snobbish pose. It was true. I had only Yunho left but my pride as a man refuses to seek help from him after such a humiliating incident.

 

I slouched even further and accidentally caused my bowl of cereal soaked with milk to spill a little on my shirt. “!” I cussed and put the bowl of cereal on the floor. I took my shirt off while walking to the toilet to soak the soiled t-shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. I traced the shape of my face on the mirror, “It’s not like I can go to a gay bar and ask some random guy to be my stand-in boyfriend… no… I can’t myself out…”

 

Was Yunho the only way?

 

X

 

I am such a er (no pun intended). I managed to convince the manager that I knew Yunho’s family so they can allow me up to the VIP level – you need a card – and it took me about twenty minutes to finally convince them. I sat in my favourite wing chair and thought for solutions before finally giving in to using Yunho as an option. Time was running out and I left a day more to the party. The image of pig princess sticking and rubbing her s on my arm is making me sick to the stomach.

 

I stood outside the door and took a deep breath, reaching out for the door bell—okay, I put my hand down. I paced up and down the corridor and bit on my nails again. I need to get this settled today! How hard can it be to ask Yunho for help? Okay, very hard, argh! I ruffled my hair and took another deep breath. I took a large step forward and gathered up my courage. I reached out for the door bell with my trembling fingers. Here goes nothing..!

 

“What are you doing?” A voice asked from behind me.

 

Huh, what, what? I spun around bowing assuming that it was the general manager or somebody. “I am sorry, I am not a stalker I have some business with Mr. Jung.” I quickly apologized.

 

“Yeah, I know Jae, what are YOU doing? That’s what I’m asking.”

 

Was that Yunho? I peered through my fringe and saw a pair of black shiny leather loafers. I slowly traced that slim legs and up to that y revealing cleavage view to a familiar neck and jaw line – Jung Yunho.

 

“I-uh-I…” Numb skull…that long prepared speech of inviting him to be my stand-in partner is going nowhere, ugh and I am so wimpy at times like this.

 

He took a step forward and scanned his card against the door handle. I really like his door security I can play with it all day. “Come in” Yunho said, inviting me to his grand living room again where I fell victim… in a way.

 

“’Sup! Strange finding you at my doorstep after you ran away all girly.” Yunho chuckled as he walked over to the table to poor me a cup of iced lemon water. I sat at the sofa and waited for him to bring me a cup of water.

 

“Uh…” I tried to find words. I finally gathered up my courage but somehow things aren’t going the way I want it to be. “I came to collect my glasses.” I really want to whack myself with a bottle of beer.

 

Yunho pulled the footstool near the balcony and sat in front of me crossing his legs. “Okay. Sure. It’s still on my dresser but why do you still need your glasses when you obviously have more than one pair of the same kind at home?” He gestured me to walk to his bedroom, the inviting bed is there, to collect my glasses.

 

“It’s my favourite pair.” I said as I quickly stood up and ran to the door semi-closing it so I could bounce on the bed while I heard yunho shouted ‘DON’T BOUNCE ON MY BED EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YOU LIKED THEM’.

 

Seriously?

 

“Honestly Jae, why don’t you just tell me what you want? It’s definitely more than this pair of fake glasses that doesn’t even cost much. I may be dumb but not dumb, dumb.”

 

“You are still dumb.”

 

Yunho hissed.

 

“Iamheretowhoremyselfout” I said in one quick breath closing my eyes as I gathered a bit of cloth on my knees and clenched tight in my fist.

 

“You are what?”

“I am here towhoremyselfout”

 

“Stop it.”

 

“What?”

 

“Repeat.”

 

“I am here towhoremyselfout”

 

“Jae!”

 

“Okay! I am here to myself out! Oh damn this. I didn’t even want to approach you because it was so humiliating but if not for that stupid pig princess and my mother’s crazy engagement parties and the whole poisonous world crap, I wouldn’t even step foot into this seductive chamber! Everything is seductive here including you!” I ruffled my hair and took a deep breath. Right, so I spilled everything in a go. Yay me.

 

It took awhile before Yunho collected everything and end up having fits of laughter while holding on to his stomach.

 

“Is it that funny Yunho? I am facing major crisis here. I haven’t slept well for days because that pig princess is haunting me in my sleep thanks to the great voldermin. HELP YUNHO, HELP. Be my good Samaritan!” I slump back into the sofa and grabbed the cup of water, gulping as much as I can.

Yunho said in between his fits of laughter and wiped the tears that were still threatening to fall, “haha, really, yourself out to me? In all honestly Jae, why me? You said it yourself, it was a humiliating incident and you have this huge crazy for my chest.”

 

“Do we really have to talk about the chest now?” I rolled my eyes. Chest is the last thing I want to talk about right now. Maybe later when we have our heart-to-heart sessions but no, engagement party is crisis now! “I have less than the amount of people we can count using our fingers and toes in my phone, and no way am I contacting any of my ex-boyfriends I rather myself to you than to random strangers in a gay bar.” I crossed my arms and pretended to ignore that still ticklish Yunho. He is starting to grate on my nerves. What is so funny!

 

Yunho rubbed the end of his eyes and said between hiccups, “chest talk later. When is this engagement party and why. Elaborate with details please.” He composed himself and sat cross-legged again.

 

“In 2 days which gives us one day left to prepare.” Yunho nodded his head and drew side circles with his fingers to ask me to carry on. “I left house when I was twenty after I found out I have to succeed my father. To me, business was a poisonous world because I hate hidden agendas and entertaining old men. Came pig princess whom my mum wants me to get married to but it was actually one of her big plans to tie me down to the hotel industry.”

 

“Typical.”

 

I nodded my head and continued, “I rebelled and wanted to settle in my nerd world where books and formulas do not betray each other. It was such a simple world but I was the only heir so both my parents came into a consensus that I’m allowed to do my academic studies for five years and that aside, if I can find a partner worthy of being with me, I can get away from pig princess. I naturally agreed. Who cares about pig princess as long as I can do my academic studies but that was when I haven’t met her yet.”

 

“Just a question, were you not afraid of not getting attached? No offense but with your current appearance, it’s rather hard for people to approach you without being judged first.” Yunho was giving his famous judgmental look.

 

I scoffed. People who are so full of themselves should have their hair burned. “I looked different back then. I only looked like this when I got dumped the second time.”

 

Yunho mouthed an ‘O’.

 

“Are you gamed or not? Time is ticking and I told you everything. I just need you to stand in for me for that few hours. I don’t want that pig!”

 

Yunho put a slight quirk in his mouth. “Why do you keep addressing her as a pig?”

 

“She eats more than Changmin. Even Changmin is terrified of her.”

 

“Interesting… If I stand in as your partner, what do I gain?” Yunho was making a deal like a business man. His father trained him well.

 

“What do you want?” I crossed my arm. It was obvious that he was up to no good.

 

“A kiss.”

 

WHAT? DID THE JUNG JUST SAID A KISS? OH MY I JUST RECEIVED AN INTERNAL SHOCK. “I-uh-what- ki-what?!” I stuttered while blushing.

 

“K-I-S-S. Seriously Jae, I thought you were smarter?” Yunho teased.

 

“No, not a kiss, never!” I closed my eyes and faced the balcony. This has got to be the worst nightmare. Although I get to kiss Mr. nice chest and a kiss isn’t that bad… it’s just…

 

Yunho made his way nearer and bend over me. His face was so close to mine and I could feel his breathing and hot air blowing against my cheek. I pressed my eyelids even harder, scrunching my facial muscles.

 

Yunho whispered in my ears with his low y raspy voice, “and who was the one who said this was a seductive place especially me” and blew against my ear.

 

I got redder and was about to push him away when I peeked and saw a glimpse of his chest, his yummy toned tanned chest that I want to badly.

 

He saw where my eyes were and lifted my head by my chin making us have eye contact. Yunho pushed my fringe back and I could feel the cold air touching my forehead. “Not my chest cutie, my lips” and crashed into my mouth, taking me whole. He on my lower lip causing me to let a soft whimper before he pulled away still supporting himself and bending over me, smirking.

 

“y, I’ll see you tomorrow” Yunho said as he kissed my cheek.

 

I lost.

 

X

A/N: YAY a longer chapter! Haha, I finished this chapter right after posting Chapter 5 but 

i didn't want to get too many chapters up too fast so i decided to wait for almost a day later.