Love isn't a fairytale

Love isn't a fairytale

 

The family gathered under the tent while my noonas are doing the barbeque. Sooyoung was plastered to my mother’s side while my wimpy father sat behind her playing games on his phone. Sometimes I wish the women in the house don’t climb over his head because I only have my father for male-to-male support. I sighed and took a sip of ice tea as I waited for some meat to be cooked. It was good coming back home after five years, visiting my family; it was heartwarming to see everyone as close as before.

 

Yunho left my noonas after he helped set up the charcoal and came to join me. I was back in the kitchen, hiding away from the crazy sun though it was supposed to be the nice cool breeze during spring. I curse and swear at myself for wearing such a thick blazer though. Mother and her blackmailing that instilled in me since I was young. ‘Engagement party’… pfft… this was just a normal family gathering.

 

“’Sup” said Yunho.

 

“You don’t just walk in here and ‘sup me. I’m still mad.”

 

Yunho sighed heavily and poured himself a cup of water.

 

I eyed him carefully. “You sure know my house well.”

 

Yunho took a sip of his water and scratched the back of his ear. “Well… I dropped by a few times…”

 

I cocked an eyebrow. A few times? How come no one told me? How come Changmin never told me? Hold on, I forgot about Changmin. I am sure Changmin was in this together with the female Kims. I breathed deeply “When…?”

 

Yunho averted his gaze and looked out of the window where my sisters were currently trying to draw each other faces with bits and pieces of charcoal that stained their fingers. “Few weeks before Changmin got married.”

 

I placed the cup on the counter and stretched my arms out to support myself. I inherited my mother’s icy cold stare and it sure came in handy in situations like these.

 

“So was I a play thing to you? Or even to my best friend? Were you taking advantage of my background, or, were you just enjoying teasing a nerd. Worse still, were you sympathizing, to help me get back on track, the path of an hotelier? Tell me Yunho, no games. I am serious.”

 

Yunho stared at me silently and I could tell thoughts were running through his head. I didn’t mean to be harsh but if he was going to play me like all my other relationships were, I think I rather be a monk because I can’t trust men anymore. I trusted too many to get hurt. Meeting Yunho made me debate with myself if love was a fairytale. He was special to me in a way, yet my heart isn’t ready for him. It was wary of all the trust issues. Before Yunho speaks, I was actually afraid of the truth that might come out from his mouth. I prayed silently, hoping whatever negative thoughts I had wasn’t true.

 

Yunho spoke after gathering his thoughts. “I was sent from Japan to speak to your parents about a partnership to open a chain of resorts on islands in Asia. But one day, I met an old lady, your mother, in Japan and she had trouble communicating with the staff at our hotel. I helped her. To return the gratitude that she had owed me after her business was settled, she invited me for a cup of coffee and that’s when we got to know each other. While we were socializing, she caught a glimpse of a ring that I had worn on that day.”

 

A ring..? Don’t tell me it was the ring that my mother had lost it when she had me. That ring that she lost it when she was suppose to deliver but gave up on it because I was about to come out and she blamed it on me since I was young. “The ring… don’t tell me it’s that ring that my mum said she lose it when she was about to deliver me and it was the only one in the world because my father had customized it and engraved some ancient thing on it.” I pointed to that ‘ring’ that Yunho had on his finger.

 

He put out his hand and spread out his fingers. “Yeah that ring that got her so fixated on, she even borrowed to wear it for a day.”

 

I sighed and buried my face against my palm. My mother is giving me a headache. How on earth did an important ring landed on Yunho in the first place?

 

“Didn’t she ask it back?”

 

Yunho shrugged. “Finders keepers she said.” Yunho paused and looked at me. “After all it’s been so many years since she last had it.”

 

“Then what happens?” Although it was kind of stupid and how “fate” plays a part and a tell-tale sign is actually happening, it was an interesting story.

 

“Your mum said that since it was fated, I should be engaged to you.”

 

I was sipping on my tea and choked when Yunho mentioned ‘engaged’. “No, like seriously, what, my mother actually asked you to be engaged to me?”

 

“Yeah! I was taken aback too. I mean how many elderly woman do you randomly meet on the streets and suddenly ask you to be engaged to her son. I mean we are in god damn South Korea where homophobics are living around us and homoual relationships are like forbidden in this country. I was stumped!” Yunho got slightly riled up. “But I have to admit, your mother was surprisingly interesting. She’s a cool mum, I love her. No wait, not in that way, you get it do you?”

 

I giggled. Yunho was kind of cute. Nobody praises my mother like how he does because everyone’s impression on her was ice queen thanks to her icy expressions.

 

“How did you give in? Mr. flirty here wouldn’t be interested in this kind of whiny old woman requests, moreover on a stupid ring.” I crossed my arms and leaned against the lower cabinets.

 

“She said the only way to see her ring is when I would be part of the family. Also, she mentioned that her son was gay and –”

 

I interrupted Yunho. “You mean my mother knew I was gay?”

 

Yunho nodded. “Yeah, I was surprised too. She said she ran a PR check on you and found you hanging around with different guys and how you hideously got ugly and more nerdy, self absorbing into your world of words and formulas.”

 

I scoffed and tried to hide my embarrassment behind a smile.

 

Yunho added on, “at first I was unwilling even though she asked if I was gay and I said yes. She exclaimed ‘bravo’ really loudly and even did a dramatic clap-”

 

Mother and her dramatic plays.

 

“I was so embarrassed I wanted to bury myself but she took out a photo of you from her wallet and showed it to me. Honestly, I took it as a game because I found out she was the Mrs. Kim that I was looking for.”

 

I rolled my eyes and threw my hands up. Déjà vu!

 

“I knew it! It was all a game. Everyone is getting close to me just so they could get benefits.” I could feel tears welled up in my eyes. I wasn’t trying to be dramatic but hearing how I was being played all along hurt me like crazy. It was as if a thousand needles pierced through my heart, a bullet shot through my head, an eyeball plucked out from my socket, it just hurts so much. I thought I could finally accept Yunho because he was different from the rest, but it was all antics of a playboy. I should’ve known. It runs in the blood and Changmin was a perfect example.

 

Yunho sighed and walked over to me, bending over me as I tried to control my tears. Yunho knew I was holding onto my tears. He cooed me and tried to hug me from the back but I pry his hands away from my waist.

 

I was hoping love wasn’t a fairytale.

 

“Jae, I know you’re overly thinking and being crazily sensitive again but can you listen to the rest of the story? Even though it’s so cliché like the soap dramas that elder women watch, I still need to let you hear this because you need to stop assuming.”

 

I hugged myself, trying hard to shut out whatever Yunho was going to say next. It scares me so much.

 

“I was playing with you when I met you at Changmin’s wedding. I was playing with you when I met you at the park. I was fond of you when you came back to me the second time. You and your crazy just made me felt everything about you was so fascinating. I was convinced I fell for you when we shared our first kiss. I was madly in love with you after our shopping trip. I am so in love with you ever since I saw the picture of you; though I believe it took me quite awhile to realize because you were just so funny to be teased.” Yunho tried to hold his laughter as he recalled my embarrassing moments whenever we were together.

 

“You caught me off guard, okay.” Yunho ensured as he wrapped around his arms around my waist, this time without me prying it aside. I sank into his embrace and listened to his breathing as he spoke tenderly in my ears.

 

“I still love the sugar daddy game though.” I pouted and held onto Yunho’s hand.

 

Yunho chuckled, “Yes yes tomato-kun, I am well aware of your masochist nature. You love to be spoiled and pampered like a high school girl.”

 

I slapped Yunho’s and he whimpered. He tightened his embrace and spun me around, giving me a wet sloppy kiss. Yunho’s breathe smell like spearmint. He pushed his tongue in and we shared a lustier kiss, saliva mixing as we pulled apart. I breathed heavily and looked down at our shoes, hands intertwined.

 

“Yunho, we can’t, not here.” Yunho smiled and gave me a pat on my head.

 

“I know.”

 

That was the most assuring smile anyone has given me.

 

“So are you up for this engagement, princess?” Yunho kneeled on one knee.

 

Yunho and his playboy antics again, “just give me the god damn ring so I can show off to my mother. Finders keepers.”

 

X

 

 

The evening breeze was rather cold and I take back what I had said in the afternoon; my coat is very handy now. Half of my sisters were in the living room catching on to their soap drama together with my parents while four of them sat hurdled around each other near the pit. Unfortunately, the person that I wished wouldn’t hang around us was physically sitting beside me, whining.

 

I mentally shut my ears, trying my best to flirt with Yunho. It was all dim and windy, perfectly romantic, even if Sooyoung was being an eyesore.

 

Yunho eyed me. “I thought I picked out a proper outfit for you?”

 

I looked at myself and raised my head to look at Yunho, “yeah you did but I thought I should try to wear this coat that Changmin gave me after all I did have a makeover.”

 

Yunho groaned and rubbed the back of his neck. “Honey, as much as I love your initiative, you’re totally ruining your outfit.”

 

I frowned, “are you saying I look ugly? Right… I totally proved that your coordination ability was disastrous since I am not able to put on what you picked, hence, I was a failure.”

 

Yunho touched the arm of the blazer and pulled me by the side, “the coat’s ugly, take it off.”

 

“No, Changmin gave them to me.”

 

“You’re spoiling my night.”

 

“No daddy, I know you’re trying to spoil mine so you can butter me up later.”

 

Yunho snorted and reached out for my collar and touched the guns, rubbing the edge of it while the collar lightly touching my skin, causing me to breath lightly. “You didn’t let me see those guns when you were trying on. I’m willing to butter you up.”

 

I looked at Yunho’s eyes as he brought himself closer. I could smell the barbequed meat that was left lingering on his hair. I whispered back barely moving my lips, “I didn’t want you to shoot me… in the head…” I whispered. Yunho’s gruff voice was starting to make me feel needy.

 

“Or your …” He replied softly, almost like a whisper, closing in the distance between us where our nose touched.

 

For the first time I wanted Yunho’s lips badly.

 

“Oppa~” Sooyoung whined and grabbed on my arm.

 

That totally ticked me off. Why can’t this stupid girl just sense the in the air? I did a facepalm as my arm propped on the arms of the chair.

 

Yunho leaned against his chair and tried to hide his smile while drinking his can of beer. He saw my red face while my body stiffened yet he pretends he didn’t… .

 

“Let go of me…” I growled.

 

“Oppa~” She continued to whine.

 

“Sooyoung, don’t make me say the next sentence because it’s going to be nasty.”

 

“O—”

 

“ it pig princess, just stop it. Stop rubbing your s on me because I don’t like them and I am not my mother.” That was nasty.

 

Sooyoung huff and crossed her arms. “I thought you dropped that cat calling.”

 

I rolled my eyes and stood up grabbing onto Yunho’s wrist. Yunho raised his head and looked at me innocently. How I wished I could pluck those eyeballs out. “I never did. I only stopped because my mother forced me to. The fact that you eat more than me, speak louder than me, behave manlier than me doesn’t make me like you one bit. I am interested in only, not s. I am sorry for being crude but stop it. Your unfeminine behaviors are putting me off and please also understand why Changmin doesn’t like you either – you eat more than him. I am sorry but I have a to take care of.” There, I said it in one piece. I held it in for years and now that we are adults, I hope she doesn’t take it too harshly.

 

Sooyoung sunk back into her seat, clutching the arms of the plastic chair tightly while her knuckles turn white. She was holding it in. I tugged onto Yunho’s wrist again and send messages through my eyes. Yunho coughed and stood up pushing his chair with his calves slowly as he trailed after me.

 

“Are you sure she’s going to be fine…? That was rather harsh.”

 

“You can go console her if you want, Mr. Casanova.” I dropped his wrist and crossed my arms. “I won’t get mad. She’s a girl, you should protect her. I know that was nasty, I understand if you were to go back to console her.”

 

“Mr. Casanova doesn’t want to spend time with pig princess because he has a jealous princess to tend to.” Yunho laughed lightly and grabbed my wrist, intertwining our fingers together.

 

Yunho and I were at the greenhouse. The greenhouse belongs to my father and he wanted to study Floriculture but he gave up his dreams for his family business. I took after my father though, we share the same love for flowers and I was given a key to it. The females in the house doesn’t own one though because my father feared that they would take their anger out on the pots, if a fight were to happen at home. Women tend to look for things to vent their anger and to us, the greenhouse looked like the perfect outlet. It’s also his secret hideout whenever my mother has mood swings. It’s our father and son special place and tonight, I am going to abuse my authority and no one is going to disturb us.

 

We sat in the pavilion in the center of the greenhouse, gazing out of the transparent roof to look at the glimmering stars in the night sky. The tranquility of the silent night sky echoed the cricking noises of the crickets. It was peaceful, too peaceful and silent. I then remembered a piece relating to the night sky. I sang the lyrics…

 

Can we pretend that airplanes

In the night sky are like shooting stars

I could really wish right now

 

Yunho held my hand and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

 

“What if there were airplanes, what would you wish right now?” he asked while leaning back against the pillar.

 

“I would wish that my love wasn’t a fairytale and that the man I love in front of me isn’t a dream.”

 

Yunho broke a smile and slide himself closer to me. He placed my head on his shoulder while his hands rested against my waist. I snuggled on his shoulder and enjoy him rubbing his thumb against my arm.

 

“The greenhouse is really comfy.” Yunho spoke tenderly as I rubbed his thighs.

 

“I know. It’s warm and I like it. It’s mine and my father’s secret hide-out.”

 

Yunho chuckled. “Your family is very warm. I love them in contrast to mine. They were barely home and it’s always cold.”

 

I continued rubbing his thighs and might have accidentally brushed against his with the back of my hand.

 

I gasped, apologizing. “Sorry…”

 

Yunho shook his head. “It’s okay, but you should know that there’s some going on since we were at the tent.”

 

I breathe lightly again knowing that my hormones are equally active. My line of vision seems to only notice the contours of Yunho’s chest and the luscious lips that I eagerly want to captivate.

 

“Have I told you that my first kiss would be given to the one that I’ll be marrying?” I whispered as I slightly raised myself while focusing on Yunho’s lips.

 

Yunho took notice of my needy body and dropped his arm and held my hips. I stretched my leg over and straddled Yunho, fingertips ghosting over his lips as the free hand roamed his chest. Yunho breathed heavily as our eyes met. I purred in his lap and curve the end of my lip.

 

“Yunho…” I called his name.

 

As if on cue, Yunho kissed me. I moaned and opened a little, allowing his tongue to enter mine, our tongue lashing in our mouths fighting for domination. The intensity was so great I whimpered and let out a moan, gripping and pulling Yunho’s hair. I pushed myself further in, adjusting myself at the same time, very mindful that our s were rubbing against each other.

 

I pulled away to gasp for air. I was blushing profusely; Yunho was so handsomely y tonight.

 

“Jae…” I could feel Yunho lifting up my shirt. I know he wants more, I know I want more, but not tonight. Tonight is just special.

 

“Not tonight.” I pulled Yunho into an embrace, burying my head between his neck and shoulder.

 

Yunho tightened our embrace. “You’re mine anyway.”

 

I hid a smile behind his neck. “I am so glad true love does exist.”

 

“Told you love wasn’t a fairytale. Not when you have The Almighty Jung Yunho as your dictator.” He slapped my . “I’m your daddy remember?” Yunho snickered.

 

I snorted. “That daddy part made fairytale became real though.” Yunho laughed. “Hey, don’t forget I can be your daddy too.” I smacked his back and his neck causing Yunho to whimper.

 

“Jae… if you don’t stop I’m going to eat you this time. No mercy.” Yunho reached for the button of my pants.

 

I on his neck and left a mark, “just marking my property first.” I smiled, pulling away. “I’m your nasty blood er and you are my food.”

 

“When were you so witty and ?” Yunho finally asked.

 

“Since you woke the ancient vampire that was slumbering for thousands of years” I grinned. “I love you, I really do.”

 

 

X

 

After the awesome French kissing in the greenhouse, we finally entered the house intertwining our fingers and the ring now successfully on mine.

 

“You look like you just had .” Suyong teased.

 

My mother cringe as she saw our disheveled hair and my father had a horrified look. “We didn’t have at all.” I tried to assure my parents but my father beat me to my explanation.

 

“The greenhouse…”

 

“Completely clean and PG13 sight.” Yunho nodded.

 

Of course my family doubted me as all 12 pairs of eyes eyed us. I spun Yunho and pushed him from the back.

 

I laughed dryly before walking away not forgetting to make eye contact with Sooyoung first. Why was she still at my place?

 

She gave me her innocent look and I winked at her, smirking.

 

My family saw and they held their laughter.

 

I love them and of course my future husband.

 

I am so glad love wasn’t a fairytale because I found my sugar daddy.

 

Thank you Jung Yunho, for making me believe.

 

X

 

 

 

 

A/N 1: -cries tears of joy- FINALLY I AM DONE WITH A SERIES FIC. LIKE OMG I WAS DRAGGING IT FOREVER. I really hope you enjoyed this fic as much as I did. My writing is still amateur-ish and I still lack in vocabulary and complex sentences but I tried my best to deliever it humourously and straight-to-the-point.  This chapter is the longest out of all and I hope I did not disappoint you all without the . I really don't want to include in this series because I totally lost my muse for .

A/N 2: Although the series has ended, it does not end forever.  i may include oneshots here and there but I can't promise. 

A/N 3: THANK YOU FOR JOURNEYING WITH ME THROUGHOUT THIS PERIOD.  I understand how my school schedule has put me in a semi-hiatus/hiatus position and make some of you totally forgotten about the plot.

A/N 4: i WILL NOW FOCUS ON BEHIND THE COSPLAY COUPLE. I want to finish this main fic that has been dragging on for years so I can start on something new. I have a lot of fics in mind and they are all in queue but i am not willing to start on any because I know I will neglect on the exisitng fics.

 

 

THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SOON! XOXO

- ARASTAL