Understanding each other

Love isn't a fairytale

 

 

I woke up with the construction work directly above my bedroom. How I wish I could go up and murder those inconsiderate people. My hand roamed around my side table trying to look for my alarm clock.

 

8.30am.

 

Wonderful, isn’t it? A perfect Sunday morning to sleep in gets disrupted by loud drilling noises. I crawled out of bed and groggily made my way to the bathroom.

 

X

 

Sitting on the bench at the park while watching the pigeons flock around the bread crumbs on the floor was surprisingly fun to watch. Watching the grey birds bobbed their head made me bobbed in my seat too. I then realize I garnered weird looks from the people across the benches and tug my hands into my coat and leaned back against the bench.

 

I see Mickey Mouse shaped clouds how-

 

Before I could bask in the sunshine and enjoy my cloud-watching, that annoying dumb blonde had to block my clouds.

 

It gave me a shock when his shadow covered my face. I quickly sat up right and wore my spectacles that were on my lap.

 

“How come you look so good without your glasses?” asked Yunho.

 

I quickly ruffled my fringe to cover up my eyes, “you probably need glasses instead.” I coughed and tug my hands back into my coat “morning.”

 

“Oh yeah, good morning.” He greeted me and walked to the front. Wow, neon green sport shoes, white basketball shorts and sleeveless training tops, not to mention that ultra-toned chest.

 

“Quit being friendly, you were supposed to be an .” I crossed my arms.

 

“I happen to have some endorphins being released right now and I am sorry if you prefer bad boys” retorted Yunho as he jogged on the spot.

 

“Do you always have to be so y?” He is always biting back at whatever I am saying.

 

“ fit mode on for a certain someone like you?”

 

I rolled my eyes and stood up, “whatever douche.”

 

Then, Yunho did the unexpected and grabbed onto my wrist. I stopped in my tracks.

 

“Breakfast?” he offered.

 

I swung my hand away and rubbed the red marks on my wrist. “What are you up to?”

 

Boys like him are definitely up to something, just like my past relationships.

 

“Don’t try to hook up with me just because you saw how I look without my glasses. I don’t want s like you to smooch on me.” I glared at him through the little holes of my fringe.

 

I am sure what I said had just ticked him off because he stopped jogging and walked over to grab me on my collar.

 

Yunho gritted his teeth and spoke in a low angry tone, “I am not so loose.”

 

“Let me go, people are watching.”

 

Yunho released his hands from my collar and coughed. “You said you are ready for us.”

 

I watched him coldly.

 

“Since my cousin was trying to get us together, well he did went through a lot of effort to coax me into this whole matchmaking, I thought I should at least try.”

 

I crossed my arm, “and?”

 

“I am still not ready for us.”

 

I sighed and nodded my head “okay, for the sake of Changmin, I’ll give it a try too.”

X

 

Why do I always not remind myself that dining with the rich will always be in a restaurant that I hate?

 

I let Yunho took me out for breakfast and we are at some five star hotel, currently having a buffet breakfast. Really, do we need to consume so much food high in calories so early in the morning? Although Yunho offered to treat but I would very much prefer if we could just dine in a bakery along the streets so I can like a normal peasant.

 

I sat in my seat and sulked, playing with my food.

 

“What’s wrong? The food not up to standard?” he asked as he sliced the potato croquet into bite size, “It’s not every day where you get to enjoy life. Come on, a five star hotel! A peasant like you would definitely love to dine in such high-class restaurant, plus I’m treating.”

 

Watching how the rich eat such supposedly cheap food annoys me so much. “You call this enjoying life?” I rolled my eyes, “If you like having congee so much we could have just dined at some local Chinese eatery instead of a five star hotel and I am sure it tastes way fantastic than here.” I dropped my fork on the ceramic plate.

 

Yunho swallowed a spoonful of congee and dabbed his lips with the napkin. “But if I dine in the local eatery, I will walk out smelling like fried chicken wings.”

 

How I wish I could just do a head desk. I face-palmed and breathed deeply, “seriously?”

 

Yunho nodded.

 

“Then please keep in mind that I hate dining in hotels, in restaurants, and I prefer eating along the streets.” I threw my napkin on the table. “Sheesh, the Shim blood sure runs deeply.” 

 

 

Yunho chuckled, “definitely in the blood.”

 

I rested my chin on my arm, “what were you doing around the park? And how come you are able to enter a five star hotel with that outfit?”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes, “wasn’t I jogging? Perhaps you really do need glasses.”

 

I scoffed, “sorry for being so blind. Answer my second question please.”

 

“I live in this hotel, duh?” Yunho reached out for his cup of orange juice and chucked down the juice quickly.

 

“Like live; LIVE, or live; overstaying?”

 

I watched him from my seat and stared hard at his laryngeal prominence- I mean “Adam’s apple” bobbing as he swallowed the juice. No pun intended.

 

Crap, watching that protrusion bobbing is making him so se-

 

I coughed to snap myself back to reality. What is wrong with me! First it was his chest, now it’s his apple. Hormones… hormones… Then I realized; when was the last time I played with myself?

 

Yunho placed the cup back onto the table, “I know I am y stop staring at me like that.”

 

Oh yeah, I want to murder this narcissistic fella. I rolled my eyes. “Who said you were y? I was just hoping you could choke on your juice so I can laugh at you loudly.”

 

Yunho cleared his throat and ignored my previous comment. “I live LIVE here. I just flew back few days ago to attend Changmin’s wedding. This is one of the few hotels my family owns.”

 

I dropped my chin and gave Yunho a shocked face. Let me breathe. So Changmin just hooked me up with a future hotelier and I am going to dine in restaurants every day, oh my god? Can I say my peaceful life is ruined?

 

“Oh… kay…” I took a sip of water. “Just remember I prefer dining in eateries if we were ever going to go on … dates… yeah.” 

 

x

A/N: Hi,  I am currently on two weeks break so i'll try to update as much as possible.

I also changed this from a doubleshot to a ficlet. Hopefully there won't be any () in this (laughs).

I really hate hotel food.

Note: Not proof-read yet so overlook the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Do comment ^^