seven

I remember

Remember when you had your first relationship? Because I do, one of the worst times of my life..

 

U-Kwon sunk down on his seat next to Kyung as he sipped on his cola 'Hey, Kwonnie what's up?' Kyung asked as he threw an arm around his friend, sending questioning looks towards Jihoon and Taeil who only shrugged.

'What's up? What's up is the fact that as soon as Minhyuk gets a boyfriend he leaves me on my own to be with him' U-Kwon pouted and took another sip of his cola, Kyung tilted his head

'Shouldn't he spend time with his boyfriend though?' Taeil asked as he leaned on the table looking at Jihoon and back at U-Kwon, Kyung and Jihoon nodded in agreement with Taeil and watched U-Kwon roll his eyes.

'Yes, I get how he should spend time with him, but what about me? What if he's getting bored of me, what if I'm annoying him, what if-..'

U-Kwon was cut off my Kyung putting a hand over his mouth 'U-Kwon, your over reacting, Minhyuk adores you, your his best friend for God's sake' Kyung moved his hand away from U-Kwon's mouth and smiled 'I'm sure he's just love struck from having a new boyfriend, it won't last long'

'I hope your right..' U-Kwon mumbled as he sank back onto his chair sipping his coke, Kyung laughed and turned back to Jihoon and Taeil

'So what's going on with you two?' He asked tilting his head to the left, the question made the pair stiff and freeze, U-Kwon picked himself up and leaned on the table, fascinated by the question.

'w-what do you mean?' Jihoon asked, Kyung and U-Kwon looked at each other and laughed 'guys! don't be mean to the youngest!' Jihoon pouted making Taeil laugh himself 'oh, not you too!'

'But seriously, what is going on with you two?' Kyung had stopped laughing and had a serious voice looking at the two with stern eyes, he wasn't going to give in just like that 'me and Kwonnie already know so..'

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU KNOW?!' Taeil shouted, his eyes going wide, Kyung and U-Kwon laughed and leaned on each other for balance, Taeil and Jihoon shot each other a confused look before looking back at the laughing pair.

'We didn't know anything! but the way you acted, obviously something's going on!' U-Kwon laughed and looked at the two, he could see a faint blush creeping onto Taeil's face and smiled 'so, are you two-...'

'together?' Kyung finished and smiled at the two

'Yes' 

'it's about time you admitted it' U-Kwon replied smiling wider at the two

'you mean, you don't mind?' Jihoon asked, the blush creeping over his face also now, U-Kwon and Kyung both shook their heads as the bell went they stood up and left, smiling as the two lovers hugged goodbye.

 

The day went by slowly to U-Kwon, which was unusual but he didn't see Minhyuk all day, he didn't even see him at lunch time, which was very unusual, he'd usual come to U-Kwon to moan about how Jaehyo won't shut up about Jiho or how Taeil won;t shut up about Jihoon, something like that.

It had been like this for about a week now, U-Kwon would only see Minhyuk if he came home to pick something he forgot up or when he was just about to go to bed, U-Kwon sighed, he missed his best friend, he really did, but he couldn't tell Minhyuk, he didn't want to be selfish.

'what's up Kwonnie?' His mother asked as he sank onto the sofa next to her, resting his head on her shoulder and sighing, he just shrugged 'ok, let me guess..' she added, sitting up and cupping U-Kwon's face 'well, by the way your eyes look, you miss someone you love'

'w-what?' U-Kwon said shakily, love? 

'yup, by the looks of it and you, you miss them a lot but you don;t want to tell them because you think they will think that your selfish and won't want to talk to you anymore' she finished releasing U-Kwon's face, his eyes and mouth wide open

'how did-..'

'I'm your mother, I know everything' 

'but..'

'Minhyuk will soon come around, just give him time' she replied smiling softly at her son who had gone bright red

'I'm only fourteen, I can't love.. wait, Minhyuk?' he added tilting his head to the side to look at his mother confused, she thought he loved Minhyuk? like that? Ha, they were just best friends, but U-Kwon did start having..

'Are you listening to me?' he shook his head and looked at his mother and nodded 'good, obviously you love him, your best friends and you miss spending time with him, go to sleep you'll feel better tomorrow' she kissed his forehead and he left.

U-Kwon lay in bed, it was now 10pm, where was Minhyuk? he still hadn't come home, but what did his mother mean about love? sure U-Kwon had some dreams about Minhyuk but that was normal right? 

U-Kwon sat up 'damn' he whispered to himself, he finally realized why he couldn't do anything without Minhyuk, he was in love with his best friend 'damn damn damn..' 

 

The next day U-Kwon wanted to avoid Minhyuk as well as he could, it wasn't hard, he hardly saw him anymore, he'd done it successfully for three days until the Friday night came.

He walked into his and Minhyuk's shared room and stopped when he saw Minhyuk sitting on his bed, silent tears falling from his eyes, U-Kwon rushed over to the older and brought him into a tight embrace, rocking him back and forth 

'Minhyuk, what's wrong?' he cooed into the others ear, when he heard what had happened his whole body ran cold, his heart broke into pieces and his whole world came crashing down onto him.

'h-he hit me Kwonnie.. It hurt..' Minhyuk sobbed as he grasped U-Kwon's shirt from the back, Minhyuk was shaking, his face aching, his whole body hurting and his head throbbing, he had been kicked in the back, punched in the nose until it bled, he couldn't help but let the sobs escape his lips

'h-he hit you?..' U-Kwon the olders hair, he knew he couldn't take the pain away from Minhyuk, he just rocked him until he felt the older relax a little bit

'he's older than us U-Kwon, he made me bleed.. i-it hurts to move..' Minhyuk winced in pain as U-Kwon lay them both down on his bed wrapping his arms around the older so he could lay his head on his chest, his back still in agony, but none of that mattered he was with his best friend now, he was safe.

'shh, Minhyukie, it'll all be ok, how old is he?' U-Kwon purred, he had to stay strong, it wasn't easy seeing the one he had just realized he was in love with had just been hit by someone they thought they loved, Minhyuk was still only fifteen, in all fairness U-Kwon was still only fourteen but he knew he loved Minhyuk, he just knew it.

'He's 19, I never thought he'd hit me Kwonnie, I really didn't, h-he said that..' Minhyuk sobbed harder as he remembered the activities 'sorry I'm on your bed Kwonnie, I couldn't make it to mine..'

'shh, It's fine, as long as your ok that's all that matters to me ok?' U-Kwon said with a smile as the older looked up at him and smiled back nuzzling his head into U-Kwon's neck, U-Kwon bit his lip to stop himself from letting any tears fall.

'I love you Kwonnie, you really are the greatest best friend' Minhyuk spoke as his gaze went hazy and he felt himself falling to sleep, he sighed as he felt U-Kwon kiss the top of his head, relaxing completely with the youngers touch.

'I love you too Minhyuk.. nothing's going to hurt you anymore' U-Kwon whispered as he let a silent tear roll down his cheek before falling asleep himself.

 

Well, that's not the best memory we have together, but it's when I found out I was in love with you, I suppose I always was, I just never realized it but I still couldn't believe that he hit you, what's worse, I couldn't believe that you stayed with him..