Ten

I remember

My seventeenth birthday was one of the best ever, something I could never forget..

 

"U-Kwon! wake up, my little grown up boy" U-Kwon slowly opened one of his eyes to see his mother staring down at him, he groaned and moved away from her hand that had been shaking him "oh come on, you'll be late for college"

"fine" U-Kwon slowly rubbed his eyes with his hand and looked around the room, finding that there was no Minhyuk next to him, he felt colder than usual, Minhyuk would always be sleeping next to him, keeping U-Kwon in his arms "Where's Minhyukie?"

"He left early this morning" his mother smiled at her son and left the room, U-Kwon stood from his bed and made his way to the bathroom where he found a present sitting on the bath a small not on top 

Kwonnie, I bought you these, as soon as I saw them I thought of you! 

Wear them today, ok? -Minhyuk

U-Kwon smiled as he opened the wrapping and found clothes, he laughed and put them on, black skinny jeans that hugged his legs perfectly, white vest top that stuck to his body and a black jacket, U-Kwon smiled at Minhyuk's taste, he knew him better than he knew himself.

"bye umma!" U-Kwon shouted as he left the house, making his way to meet Kyung and Jiho, they had finally worked things out, they wouldn't tell if they were dating or not, but you could guess.. "hey guys"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KWONNIE" Kyung smiled and hugged his friend, Jiho joining in, U-Kwon smiled, there wasn't anything better than his friends hugs.. other than Minhyuk's but he wasn't there so they would have to do for now "by the way, call Jiho, Zico"

"What? why Zico?" U-Kwon laughed at Kyung as Jiho, Zico? hit him in the back of  the head, it was hard to believe that U-Kwon was the oldest out of the three, he shrugged "so, Zico, why the name change?"

"I got bored of Jiho, simple as that" Jiho shrugged and carried on walking to college,  Kyung and U-Kwon looked at each other and smiled but ran and caught up with Jiho.

In U-Kwon's opinion the day went by painfully slow, he just wanted to go home and be in Minhyuk's arms, this was his birthday after all, he was so sick of girls coming up to him giving him presents with all the 'happy birthday oppa' cards, hell two girls even asked him out.

"why don't you tell them your with Minhyuk?" Jihoon asked as he sat down on the canteen table joining the others, the only one who was missing was Taeil, U-Kwon shrugged, he had thought about coming out and telling others he was with Minhyuk, but when it came to it, he would freeze and be too scared.

~~

"bye Kwonnie! Enjoy your day with Minhyuk" Jiho winked as he slung an arm around Kyung and walked off, U-Kwon tilted his head while thinking, Minhyuk wasn't seen all day, in all honestly the younger missed the other, his eyes, smell, everything and it had only been a few hours.

"Hello, I'm home" U-Kwon entered the house, but it was dark, nobody in sight, he frowned until he found a note on the table next to the front door, what was with U-Kwon and note's today?

on the rooftop of the shopping Centre come fast, need to talk.. - Minhyuk

U-Kwon's heart started beating fast, need to talk? what does that mean.. 

U-Kwon ran to the shopping Centre however, whatever Minhyuk wanted to say he wanted it over and done with, he couldn't hide the redness in his eyes, he had been crying, only a little bit, not having Minhyuk as his anymore killed him from the inside.

He burst through the doors leading to the rooftop only to find a small table, flowers in the middle and small lit candles surrounding the table and leading towards the edge of the rooftop, Minhyuk was no where to be seen but U-Kwon walked to the railing of the rooftop and took in the sight in front of him, the city really was beautiful at night, the small houses and large buildings lights lit up the night, the stars all out lighting up the sky.

"beautiful isn't it?" U-Kwon smiled as he felt arms wrap themselves around his waist, a chin on his shoulder and lips whispering in his ear,  these were the moments U-Kwon loved the most, just being in Minhyuk's embrace "nothing compared to you though"

"shut up" U-Kwon turned to face Minhyuk, he smiled at the older and wrapped his arms around the other neck, placing his forehead onto the others, just feeling Minhyuk's breath on his face "where have you been all day?"

"I had to sort all this out" Minhyuk smiled and took U-Kwon's hands in his, placing a small sliver ring onto his finger before bringing the youngers hand to his mouth and placing a kiss on every finger "happy birthday Kwonnie"

Minhyuk captured the youngers lips with his in a passionate kiss, their mouth's moving in sync with each other, Minhyuk smiled as he felt U-Kwon smile into the kiss, Minhyuk placed his hand on U-Kwon's cheek and pulled away, looking into the youngers eyes, the night's light really brought of the beauty of U-Kwon's feature's "have you been crying?"

"I-I thought you wanted to break up with me.." U-Kwon shyly played with the ring on his finger, Minhyuk smiled and cupped the youngers cheeks with his hands and rubbed their noses together "but.. I guess your not, which is good because i really like you Minhyukie"

"of course I'm not, If it's not you, then it's nobody Kwonnie" Minhyuk kissed U-Kwon again, softly this time, brushing the youngers lips with his own as he spoke "I really like you too U-Kwon"

Minhyuk kissed U-Kwon's forehead and wrapped a blanket around the younger as he sat him down on the floor, watching the lights below them, U-Kwon would never tell Minhyuk but he was never happier than what he was now, this was the best birthday in his opinion.

 

I should have told you how amazing you were to me everyday, why does it take something bad to make me realize how much you actually mean to me? you came into my life and made everything 100x better. I'm thankful to you, Lee Minhyuk.