three

I remember

Remember the first time I ever slept over your house? You looked so awkward wanting to ask me, as if you didn't know what to say, the look in your eyes when I said I wanted to go made my heart beat faster.

'Hey, Kwonnie!' Minhyuk smiled at his now ten year old best friend, U-Kwon smiled back as he hugged his arm 'wanna stay over my house tomorrow since it's Friday?' Minhyuk laughed nervously as U-Kwon made a thinking face.

'I'll have to ask but I really want to!' u-Kwon smiled at the older before hugging him one last time before running off to find Jiho and Kyung to finally go home, algebra was hard to a ten year old, U-Kwon thought so Anyways.

'It's about time you got here Kwonnie, I've been waiting here for ages!' Jiho spoke, he never smiled lately, but who could blame him? his parents were always arguing and that's when U-Kwon noticed something strange..

'Where's Kyung? and who's that?' U-Kwon asked cocking his head to the side a little pointing at the boy standing next to Jiho, he was taller and looked older than him and Jiho.

'I don't know, I don't care and this is Jaehyo' Jiho shrugged 'come on then U-Kwon, we don't want your mom to be angry do we?' U-Kwon shivered as he thought about his mother getting angry with him, but he really wanted to know where Kyung was, he was after all his other best friend.

'b-but what about Kyung?' U-Kwon asked shyly as he looked back and forth from Jiho to Jaehyo, he thought Jaehyo was pretty, he had nice eyes 'shouldn't we wait for him?' he added. Jiho only shook his head as he turned his attention to Kyung who walked past just at that moment, they completely ignored each other, U-Kwon raised an eyebrow but thought nothing of it, Jiho's always moody, he's like he on his period, whatever that was, Minhyuk tough U-Kwon that after saying it about his mother.

'So you'll be coming over tomorrow right?' Jiho asked Jaehyo as he said goodbye to the older, Jaehyo nodded and waved goodbye to both of them, before they continued walking 'I would have asked you too, but he's helping me music and we all know you don't need help there' Jiho laughed, he actually laughed, U-Kwon was shocked to say the least, before he remembered what Minhyuk had asked him hours ago.

'I may be sleeping over Minhyuk's house tomorrow anyway!' U-Kwon smiled at his friend who had a confused look, then U-Kwon remembered 'you know, B-Bomb' he laughed as he saw the lights come on in his friends head.

He hugged Jiho goodbye no matter how hard the older pushed him away he hugged him and stuck his tongue out 'you love my hugs!' U-Kwon laughed as he walked up his path, hearing Jiho shout something along the lines 'you wish Kwonnie' or something like that, U-Kwon didn't care, he had to make his mother in a good mood so she'd say yes to is first ever sleep over.

'Ummaaaaaaaaa!' U-Kwon sang as he walked into the house, his mother poking her head around the door to the kitchen to see her son standing in the living room a big smile on his face 'Umma, I need to ask you something' he nodded after finishing to prove it was important.

'go ahead baby' she smiled at her son as she sat down on the sofa still eyes locked on her son

'Well we both know I'm a big big boy now, right?' he asked his mother, her smile growing as she nodded 'right, well since I am a big big boy now, I have some new friends-..'

'Minhyuk?' she laughed

'Umma, please don't interrupt me ok?' he asked as she laughed her son rolling her eyes 'well anyway, he thought it would be fun if i stay over his house tomorrow, to sleep, because it's Friday and-..'

'Of course'

'And we've been best friends for a while now, wait what?!' U-Kwon asked as a sparkle in his eyes became more visible within the light he was under.

'his father called me before you came home and I agreed so don't forget to tell Jiho and Kyung you won't be walking home with them tomorrow ok?' his mother smiled as he ran over and hugged her tightly

'I love you umma!' he laughed as she tickled his sides and kissed his nose.

that night he text Minhyuk, just like he does every night, every day, there wasn't a day that passed that they didn't text each other.

Hey Minhyuk! My umma said yes! I can't wait, see you tomorrow ok? sweet dreams

U-Kwon smiled at his phone, it vibrating just a few moments later, he smiled at the reply before curling up into a ball and falling asleep

Just make sure you get lots of sleep tonight Kwonnie~ don't want you to be tired tomorrow!

 

The next morning he couldn't get out the door fast enough, finally meeting Kyung and hugging him, Kyung never minded skin ship so he opened his arms warmly to the other 'Kyung why didn't you walk home with us yesterday?' U-Kwon pouted a bit and Kyung pulled his hood over his head 

'Yah! Kwonnie stop pouting will you?' Kyung laughed as he put an arm around the others shoulders 'me and Jiho, we.. had a little.. misunderstanding..' Kyung mumbled, for a ten year old he was odd, U-Kwon thought anyway but smiled at his friend all the same.

When they finally got to the school gates, Jiho and Jaehyo were there, leaning on the gates talking to each other, U-Kwon walked over grabbing onto Kyung's arm to pull him over with him.

'Um, Hi Jiho, would you tell me why you didn't meet us today?!' U-Kwon asked, he wasn't mad or anything, but he hated not knowing things and he did not know Jiho was not going to meet him, Jiho just shrugged before pulling Jaehyo's arm and walking off, U-Kwon rolled his eyes 'idiot' he muttered making Kyung chuckle.

'Hey Jihoon!' Kyung smiled as the tallest but youngest of their friends walked over and smiled at the two, but someone else caught his eye, Minhyuk, he smiled and waved at the other boy who was standing talking to a short boy who he remembered being in dance class before, but he never stayed, U-Kwon was pretty sure his name was Taeil.

'Hey Kwonnie, ready for tonight?' Minhyuk smiled as he walked over to U-Kwon, U-Kwon just nodded and hugged his arm 'good, we'll be walking home, is that ok?' U-Kwon looked up at him.

'Hey I walk home everyday! today is not going to be any different' he laughed 'Oh! Minhyuk, this is Jihoon and Kyung' U-Kwon nodded as he finished smiling at the other two boys standing behind him.

Minhyuk smiled and nodded at them 'I'm Minhyuk and this is Taeil' he added, great so they all knew each other, more or less..

the day went by agonizingly slow, waiting for the final bell to go off made U-Kwon bored out of his mind so he drew stars all over his school books, his mother always told him not to, but he was too bored to care right now.

When the final bell went off U-Kwon felt a smile crawling on his face as he rushed out of the room to meet Minhyuk at the school gates, when he got there only Taeil and Jihoon were there, they seemed to really click, U-Kwon smiled as he thought his friends would get along great with Minhyuk and his friends, he was pulled out of his thoughts as Minhyuk hugged him.

'Ready to go?' Minhyuk smiled, U-Kwon just nodded and followed the older of the two, their way their they talked about everything, how dancing and singing was a dream they both shared, how Yu-Kwon's father died when he was very young and how Minhyuk's mother died when he was very young. They were so similar but so different in many ways. they completed each other.

When they finally got to Minhyuk's house the kitchen was filled with cakes, sweets and other food that Minhyuk's father had done them to see them through the night as he stayed over his mothers house as she was ill, U-Kwon learned all this within the space of an hour and a half walk, it was usually only half hour but they decided to walk slow to keep the conversation flowing.

When they were both settled in their pj's which were just joggers and a vest for the two they decided to watch films and see how late they could stay awake, they didn't always have to talk, they felt just as comfortable as ever when they were silent.

'You tired yet?' Minhyuk asked as he glanced over at U-Kwon who was now cuddled into his side yawning, U-Kwon shook his head and Minhyuk laughed turning his attention back to the t.v, but he soon found out that U-Kwon fell asleep as his breathing changed 'night night Kwonnie' Minhyuk whispered into the younger boy's head before falling asleep himself.

U-Kwon was the first to wake up, in a daze, there was a blanket over him and something under him, he could feel the rise and fall, it was peaceful and he could have stayed there forever until he heard an all too familiar voice 'so your awake then?' U-Kwon smiled up at the older and rubbed his eyes.

'Sorry I fell asleep..' U-Kwon muttered voice still filled with sleep, he soon realized that Minhyuk's arms were around him, hugging him, he relaxed more as he felt his arms tighten around him.

'It's fine, in all honestly I was too tired too..' Minhyuk laughed as he pulled U-Kwon up to sit up with him 'wanna go get something to eat Kwonnie?' Minhyuk smiled as the younger nodded.

As they sat there U-Kwon was the first to break the silence 'that was the first and best sleepover ever, wanna know why?' U-Kwon shouted, Minhyuk laughed and nodded as U-Kwon stood up from his chair and put a hand over his heart like he would do with a speech 'because it was with you! and Minhyuk we could just be sitting around doing nothing and it would be the best time in the world because I'm with you and your my best friend, ok? never forget that, so.. yeah that's it, I guess' U-Kwon sat back down and started eating like nothing happened.

U-Kwon jerked forward as Minhyuk hugged him from behind 'and your my best friend too Kwonnie' Minhyuk smiled into the youngers ear, from that day they'd always stay over each others houses on the weekend, no matter what happened in the week or what the weather was like.

 

If only I knew back then, would you have felt the same back then? We were only ten and eleven but the way I felt about you then was something I never felt towards anyone before, that was one of the best sleepover we ever did have right? Or second best, whatever, but just feeling you hug me for the first time, was the best feeling in the world, I suppose I did love you back then too Lee Minhyuk.