Thirteen

I remember

My whole world came crashing down on me, as soon as he hit the floor, blood was everywhere, his head, his body, even I was covered in his blood, the tears poured out of my eyes "Kwonnie, Kwonnie! your going to be alright, stay with me baby"

"I-I remember Minhyukie.. I r-remember.." What the hell does that mean? his eyes were dull, there was no spark behind them, my blood ran cold when his eyes rolled to the back of his head and his eyes closed shut

"U-Kwon? please be ok.. stay with me" I cried onto his body as I pulled him into my lap and rocked him back and forth, we could have been there for hours for all I knew, but none of that mattered.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a man in a uniform came and pulled me off U-Kwon, I was soon back to his side in the ambulance, holding his hand tightly, I wasn't going to lose him, never in my life did I think I would lose him..

I was held back by Jaehyo and Jihoon by the time they got us to the hospital I had phoned them, he looked so helpless, I felt useless, this was al my fault, of course I trusted him, I trusted him with every inch of my body and now, he's just laying there..

"It's ok Minhyuk, shh.." Jaehyo let me cry into his shoulder as I had a fistful of his shirt in my hands, nothing could stop the tears form leaving my eyes, I could feel his hand my hair to calm me down, but nothing would help the pain in my heart..

"Where is he?" I looked up to see Kyung, Zico and Taeil standing in front of me, I couldn't reply, my mouth was dry and my eyes wouldn't stay open, the tears kept coming, there was nothing I could do for him, I just had to sit and wait, never in my life have I ever felt so worthless, this was all my fault..

"Minhyuk, you should go home to change" Jaehyo's voice sounded so distant, how could I go back there without him? it was our home, where we would go at the end of everyday, what if all that was to change?

"None of this is your fault Minhyuk" Jihoon's deep voice sounded light, sounded not his, I looked at him and saw a flash of guilt in his eyes, it wasn't his fault, he was upset and U-Kwon helped him, I smiled the best I could at him and he returned it.

"Minhyuk, are you alright?" I knew that voice anywhere, it was the only voice I stood up to, U-Kwon's mother, she had tears running down her cheeks, she ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me, luckily the blood was dry now and just falling off in clumps, she pulled back and cupped my face in her hands "are you alright?"

"I-I.. he ran.. an-and.. it di-didn't.." she cut me off by bringing me back into her tight embrace, making small circles on my back, I sobbed quietly into her shoulder as she whispered 'its all going to be ok' and 'he's going to be fine' into my ear.

"Are you miss Kim and Mr Lee?" we both turned our heads to look at the voice to see a doctor covered in blood, my heart broke as soon as I saw him, my knees gave way, thank God his mother was holding me otherwise I would have been a puddle on the floor.

"Yes, that's us, how is he?" It was surprising how well she was taking all this, how could she be so strong? the doctor nodded and told us he was in a coma, a loud sob came from my lips as she turned me to look me in the eyes "You have to be strong for the both of you Minhyuk, go in and see him"

I nodded and walked to the door, what if the doctor was wrong? what if he passed while he was out here talking to us? what if.. I never see his stupid smile again.. I slowly opened the door and peeked in, there he was, so emotionless, lifeless, his eyes closed..

"U-Kwon, everything's going to be ok, I promise.." I sobbed as I sat on the chair next to his bed, I held his hand close, at least they cleaned him, there was n blood in sight, the gash on his head was covered with a gauze, he looked so peaceful, it hurt to see him like this, so many machines keeping him alive and not himself.

"He suffered internal injuries, but he should be fine, when he wakes up try not to ask him too many questions or stress him out, I will be out here if you need me" I felt U-Kwon's mother put a hand on my shoulder as the doctor left the room, the rest of the guys standing in the doorway, I looked at them and they stared back at me, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave, now

I ran past them all, leaving the room and hospital to stand outside in the rain, he loved the rain, he always used to tell me..

"Kwonnie, why do you love the rain so much?" Minhyuk laughed as the younger spun in a circle with his tongue out, he stopped and wrapped his arms around the olders neck and placed a soft kiss on his nose before hugging him 

"It makes everything look fresh, clean as if everything else doesn't matter, as if it's washing all the bad stuff away" U-Kwon smiled as he pulled away, pulling Minhyuk into a kiss, his hand pulling at the back of Minhyuk's neck to deepen it.

"I need you Kwonnie, more than anything.. please stay.." I cried as I sunk to the floor, bringing my knee's up to my chest, sobbing before I felt someone bend down with me, wrapping their arms around me, I could already tell who it was by their smell.

"He's going to be ok, Minhyuk, I promise you that, he's not going to leave this world, not for a long time" Jaehyo's arms tightened around me as I leaned into his tough, placing my head on his chest, letting the tears fall.

"What if he doesn't make it? what am I suppose to do then? I can't live without him Jaehyo, I can't I'd rather die.." I sobbed harder. he placed a small kiss on the top of my head and shushed me, rocking me back and forth

"Don't talk like that, he'll be fine, I know he will, this is the best place for him right now" I nodded against his chest feeling his heart beat, it was peaceful, I could feel myself calming down with each beat "We should go inside, he needs to see you if he wakes up"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks I sat there, sat by his side, three weeks I had to see nurses come in and check that he was still alive, three weeks without seeing that stupid smile of his, the way his lips would curl up and his eyes turn into crescents.

"You should really try to get some rest and change" U-Kwon's mother patted my shoulder, she was right, I hadn't changed since that day, U-Kwon's blood was still lingering on me, it wasn't the cleanest I'd ever been, I nodded and hugged her "I'll call you if anything changes"

our house was cold, empty, nothing like when we left it, our bedroom was how we left it, my side made and U-Kwon's side messy, I smiled as I walked to the dresser with the mirror at the photo of us, both smiling hugging, the photo was at a park, we were happy..

I walked into the bathroom and the shower before getting in, I used his shampoo and body wash, I needed to smell it somewhere, I needed his smell on me, his smell was completely gone, all he smelled of right now was hospital..

Tears escaped my eyes as I returned into the bedroom looking around at all his clothes that he never put away, he never was the neatest person in teh world, but that was him and I couldn't ask for him to change, ever.

I lay on his side of the bed when I changed into new clothes, my face flat on his pillow, his shampoo smell lingered there, so did I, I must have fell asleep as when I opened my eyes my phone was going off, I looked down and saw U-Kwon's mothers name "Hello?"

"Minhyuk, you need to come here, now, as fast as you can!! hurry"

My blood ran cold, as I ran up to his room to see everyone outside crying, Jihoon holding Taeil, Zico holding Kyung and Jaehyo holding U-Kwon's mother, I walked up to her and as soon as she saw me she jumped me and pushed me into the room with her, the doctor standing over him.

"We're going to wake him up, to see the damage this has caused" I held onto Jaehyo's hand tightly, he squeezed it back reassuringly, I sat down on the chair next to his bed when his doctor left the room after giving him something and taking the tube from his mouth.

"Kwonnie, if you can hear me, I just want to say thank you, everything you've done for me, you've been amazing and I could never ask for someone better than you, you and your stupid smile that used to wake me up every morning, the way you'd scrunch your nose up whenever you'd hear something you didn't like, I love you U-Kwon.." I sobbed into his hand, I almost jumped when I felt a squeeze back.

I looked up at his face to see his eyes opened halfway, a smile lingering on his face, a single tear falling down his cheek, he swallowed and opened his mouth to speak "Hi"