Chapter Seven

Orphan Hut

 

"Gyu gyu, what if we can't find him?" Sungjong asked, clinging tightly onto his older brother's hand. The older boy sighed and shook his head.

 

"We'll find him," Sunggyu stated, looking at the night sky. The little boy frowned and kicked a small rock. He could feel tears swelling up in his eyes. Even though he didn't know the boy, he felt as if he lost a really close friend. To Sungjong,everyone was his friend.

 

"HAMSTER HYUNG!" A voice called from behind them. The two turned to see a small dinosaur running at them. Sungjong dropped his brother's hand and crossed his arms. His inner diva shone throughout his body.

 

"His name is GYU GYU! Not Hamster!" The boy shouted. "Pabo Dinosaur."

 

"And my name is Dongwoo. But anyway, where's Hoya?" Dongwoo asked, staring up at Sunggyu.

 

"He went with Woohyun and Myungsoo to look on the other side of the Island. You're supposed to look with us," Sunggyu told him.

 

"Pabo hyung, we don't need to look for Choding hyung," Dongwoo stated, grinning.

 

"What do you mean? Of course we do!" Sunggyu cried.

 

"Nope, I know where he's at! You can't be that stupid to not know where he's at!"

 

"Yah! I'm older than you! Speak formally to me!" Sunggyu pouted, crossing his arms.

 

"Minhae Gyu Gyu hyung."

 

"NO! Only I can call him Gyu Gyu!" Sungjong whined, stomping his foot.

 

Dongwoo looked at him for a short bit before turning to Sunggyu. The older boy sighed and shook his head. "It's okay, Dongwoo, just call me Sunggyu hyung." Sunggyu told him. The boy smiled and nodded. "Now, show us where the boy is."

 

"Oh! Right! Follow me!" Dongwoo cried, turning around and running towards the other end of the island. Sunggyu and Sungjong quickly followed behind.



 

Sungyeol sat in the back of his and the boys stolen boat, playing a game on his ipod. He tried to forget that he was being ignored by all these new people. Dongwoo and Hoya were so entertaining that it's typical that the poor boy would be ignored. "They probably don't know I'm here," Sungyeol whispered as the song on his ipod switched to Shine by his favorite singer.

 

Frowning slightly, Sungyeol ended his game and took one of Dongwoo's cookies out of the container Dongwoo put them in. he listened carefully to the quiet song, enjoying every word that the man sang. He felt himself drifting off to sleep, but was rudely awoken as he felt the boat dip.

 

"Choding hyung! What are you doing here?" A voice asked. Sungyeol opened his eyes and looked up to see Hoya and the small weird boy who called himself L. "The old couple has been looking everywhere for you!" Hoya said.

 

"Yeah, and grandpa Gyu is probably going to pass out any second now," L added.

 

"Grandpa Gyu?" Sungyeol asked, staring at L.

 

"The hamster guy."

 

"Yah! Don't call Sunggyu hyung a hamster or a grandpa. Only I can do that," another voice said. The boy with the black hair who first approached them walked over, placing his hands on the edge of the boat.

 

"That's why you should marry hyung!" L whined.

 

"Yah! Enough Myungsoo!"

 

"So Hamster hyung IS your wifey?" Hoya asked, causing the older boy to blush a deep red.

 

"N-no," Woohyun stuttered, shaking his head.

 

"Hey, what's this?" Myungsoo asked, causing everyone to turn their attention on him. He was holding onto Sungyeol's ipod, staring at it with wide eyes. Sungyeol smirked before pulling it away from him.

 

"You’re so stupid if you don't know what this is! It's really popular right now," Sungyeol stated. "Besides, don't touch my things."

 

Myungsoo frowned and took the thing in his hands again. "Don't tell me what to do. And how am I supposed to know what this thing is? I've been on this island my whole life! With just Woohyun, Sunggyu, and Sungjong. We don't know what these things are!"

 

The small boy started to tug harder, trying to yank the thing out of Sungyeol's hands. Sungyeol glared and yanked back, creating a huge tug a war game. "Yah! Let it go, Myungsoo!" Woohyun cried, pulling on his brother's shoulders. Myungsoo stubbornly shook his head.

 

"It's mine! Let go!" Sungyeol cried.

 

"What's going on here?" a voice cried. They all turned to see Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Sunggyu running over to them. Myungsoo immediately let go and turned to the three, looking quite guilty.

 

"Kim Myungsoo, what did you do?" the one now known as Sunggyu asked.

 

"N-nothing hyung," Myungsoo muttered, causing Woohyun to slap the back of the boy's head.

 

"OW! Hyung! Why'd you do that?" Myungsoo shouted, rubbing his head.

 

"Don't lie to Sunggyu. You know better," Woohyun ordered.

 

"What did he do?" Sunggyu sighed, looking at Woohyun.

 

"HE TRIED TAKING MY GALAXY NOTE!" Sunggyu shouted, turning their attention on him.

 

"Hyung, what's a Galaxy Note?" the smallest boy asked, pulling on the hem of Sunggyu's shirt.

 

"I don't know," the oldest boy said, keeping his scary tiny hamster glare on Myungsoo. "Myungsoo, why would you do that? You know not to take other people's things."

 

"I just wanted to see what it is!" Myungsoo cried, cowering from the lasers Sunggyu was shooting out of his eyes and his scolding.

 

"Then you ask him. You don't take it. If he says no, then it's a no. Don't complain," Woohyun told him. The little boy ducked his head and nodded.

 

"Now, you," Sunggyu said, turning on Sungyeol. "What's your name?"

 

Sungyeol stared at him, then looked at Dongwoo and Hoya who nodded their heads in support.

 

"S-sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol," the tall boy told him.

 

"How old are you, Sungyeol?" Woohyun asked, giving him a warm smile.

 

"I'm 10."

 

"Why did you walk away when we were talking to Hoya and Dongwoo?"

 

"I-I didn't think you wanted to talk to me...I've never had a friend before, so I thought you guys didn't like me...And since there's six of you, everyone has someone they can talk to and that they're comfortable with. Everyone has a best friend. I don't. I figured that I would just cause too much trouble."

 

"That's not true, Sungyeol! We'll talk to you! None of us will leave you out," Sunggyu told him, giving him a sincere smile.

 

"Yeah! You can be my friend!" Sungjong cried, jumping into the boat and hugging the boy. "Yeollie hyung is the best!"

 

"Yeollie?" Sungyeol asked, his voice cracking slightly.

"That's your new name! Myungsoo hyung is Myunggie, Sunggyu hyung is Gyu Gyu, Woohyun hyung is Woohyunnie and you're Yeollie!"

 

"What about me?" Dongwoo asked, frowning at the boy.

 

"And me?" Hoya added.

 

"Oh...Dongwoo is Dinowoo and Hoya is...Hoya," Sungjong answered, smiling sweetly.

 

"I don't get a special name?" Hoya asked, pouting.

 

"Well, I don't think he knows your real name," Dongwoo said, eying his younger friend.

 

"What's his real name?" Myungsoo asked, putting his sulking aside.

 

"Howon."

 

"Then you can be Howonnie!" Sungjong cried, tackling Hoya.

 

"Hey, I have a question," Sunggyu said, causing all of them to look at him. "We know why Hoya and Dongwoo were in the boat, but what about Sungyeol? Why was he in the boat?"

 

"Oh," Sungyeol said as everyone looked at him. "My roommate on the ship had these really loud friends and I wanted a quiet place so I could read. Everywhere I went was loud, so I settled in the boat, since it was quiet. I was surprised when the boat started moving and these two were in it."

 

"Wait, where's your Ummas and Appas?" Sungjong asked, staring at them with wide eyes.

 

"My parents died. I have none. I've been living with my uncle, and he sent me on the cruise because I really wanted to go. They trusted me to be alone."

 

"Our parents also died," Hoya told them. "They were friends, mine and Dongwoo's."

 

"What about you guys? Why are you here?" Sungyeol asked, staring at Sunggyu.

 

"Seven years ago, right after Sungjong was born, my step dad decided he wanted to move away from Seoul. He had a friend, Woohyun's Step dad, also Myungsoo's appa, who owned a small island. I was ten, Woohyun was nine, and Myungwoo was one and a half.Our mothers agreed and we moved down here. Woohyun and I became best friends right away," Sunggyu answered, sitting in the sand. Everyone piled out of the boat, circling around him.

 

"So, Myungsoo is Woohyun's brother?" Dongwoo asked, passing everyone one of his cookies. Sungjong and Myungsoo stared at them , curiously.

 

"They're cookies. You'll like them. I loved them as a kid," Sunggyu told them. They nodded and he turned back to Dongwoo. "Myungsoo's his half brother. Sungjong's my half brother. Hence, our last names."

 

"What are they?"

 

"I'm Kim Sunggyu. We have Lee Sungjong, Nam Woohyun, and Kim Myungsoo."

 

"THESE ARE SO GOOD! WHAT ARE THE BROWN DOTS?" Myungsoo shouted, jumping up. "SUNGGYU HYUNG! MAKE ME SOME!"

 

"I can't make any. We don't have anything to make them with. The brown dots are called chocolate chips," Sunggyu said, staring at Myungsoo.

 

"So what's the rest of your story?" Hoya asked with crossed legs. next to him, Dongwoo was laughing his head off at Myungsoo's cookie reaction. Hoya nudged him with the side of his foot.

 

"Quiet hyung! Hamster hyung is trying to talk."

 

"I wouldn't call him a hamster if I were you," Woohyun warned him.

 

Sunggyu ignored their comments and waited for Dongwoo to calm down before he went on.

 

"They left one day, our parents. They went to go fishing for our dinner, but they never came back. Woohyun and I concluded that they were lost at sea. But we can't be sure. We still don't know what happened to them."

 

Sungjong muttered something about big fishes before Woohyun added, "We believe they were hit by a storm," He took hold of the teary eyed Hamster's hand while drawing circles on his leg with his other hand.

 

"That's scary," Hoya cried, staring at them. The two nodded and Sunggyu stared at the floor.

 

"Alright, time for bed. Everyone grab some water and go to bed," Woohyun stated, pulling Sunggyu up.

 

"We have some water bottles. We only used up two," Dongwoo said, climbing back into the boat. He then threw out his and Hoya's bag, smiling slightly. "Also, Hoya, Sungyeol, and I still need to eat our dinner."

 

Woohyun smiled and nodded as he watched Dongwoo and Hoya hand out the waters. Sungyeol took his serving of food from the two and sat in a circle, eating happily. Finally he found someone who understood him.



 

Woohyun hugged Sunggyu to his chest as the elder cried silently. Everyone appeared to have fallen asleep ages ago, leaving the two of them some quiet time to themselves. "Hyung, it's okay," Woohyun whispered, patting his back in comfort. "We'll get through this."

 

"Woo, it's just so hard! I feel like Sungjong and Myungsoo hate me because I'm so bad at taking-" Sunggyu started, only to be cut off.

 

"Don't you even think that. Those two would never hate you. You're the one who's keeping them alive. They love you more than anything in this world."

 

"Everyone hates me. I'm a failure. I even lost poor Sungyeol earlier this evening. I was irresponsible."

 

"Kim Sunggyu! No one hates you! Don't you ever let me hear you say that ever again," Woohyun scolded, pulling the boy back to stare into his eyes. "You're giving those three boys a home. They probably love you to death right now. Did you see how happy Sungyeol looked? And you practically raised Sungjong and Myungsoo. There's no way they would ever hate you."

 

"And what about you? You probably hate me because I complain too much. I'm always pushing all the work on you." Sunggyu asked, staring at him intensely. Woohyun laughed and shook his head, causing Sunggyu to pout and punch him in his stomach. "This isn't funny. I'm serious! Why are you laughing at me?"

 

"Kim Sunggyu, I love you more than anything in this world. I'm serious. You're my life. You're my world. In my eyes, only you exist."

 

Sunggyu stared at him before snorting and punching his stomach again. "That sounded like a cheesy love confession," he replied, rolling his eyes.

 

"Hyung, it was a love confession. I truly do love you. More than a friend. A lot more than a friend. I feel...safe and secure around you. I feel comfortable and complete," Woohyun told him, causing Sunggyu to stare at him with his mouth a gape.

 

"Woo-" the elder whispered.

 

"No, you don't have to say anything. You probably hate me right now. I'm the pabo who decided to confess to his best friend who will probably never love him back. Just forget everything I just said. I-" He was cut off when he felt something warm and soft hit his lips. Gasping inwardly, Woohyun opened his eyes, which he didn't remember closing, and stared into the eyes of the guy he loved. A wave of shock ran through his body before responding to the kis, kissing him back passionately.

 

Sunggyu finally broke to catch his breath, looking straight into the younger's eyes with a slight blush on his cheeks."I love you too, Nam Woohyun. You can't even imagine how much I love you," Sunggyu whispered before Woohyun closed the distance and kissed him once more.



 

The five boys stood by the doorway, watching the two older boys talk. They listened carefully to every word the two said, making close observations on their actions. "See, this will prove that Hamster hyung is Woohyun's wifey," Dongwoo whispered, grinning mischievously.

 

"Wait, they're married?" Sungjong asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

 

Myungsoo laughed and nodded. "We're going to find out," he told Sungjong.

 

"Why are we here anyway? I'm tired!" Hoya whined, rubbing his eyes.

 

"Because Myunggie and Yeollie woke us up saying we should spy on  Woohyunnie and Gyu Gyu!" Sungjong said, innocently. "And Dinowoo said yes, so they pulled you and me with them. But I don't like spying on my Gyu Gyu."

 

"Your Gyu Gyu?" Dongwoo asked, trying to hold in his laughter.

 

"His brother, Hyung," Hoya said, rolling his eyes at Dongwoo.

 

"Oh! Look! They kissed!" Sungyeol screeched, pointing at the two. The other four turned their attention to the two eldest of the island and Sungjong squealed happily. Myungsoo covered his mouth as the two broke the kiss. Sunggyu said something before Woohyun kissed him again.

 

"See, Sungjong, they went smoochy-smooch," Myungsoo said, grinning. "Our brothers are going to get married now!"

 

"YAY! Love love love!" Sungjong cried, running into the room. Dongwoo followed him and the two jumped on Woohyun and Sunggyu, causing the two to break apart.

 

"Ow, you bit my lip, Woohyun," Sunggyu whined, pouting cutely.

 

"Sorry Sunggyu hyung. Now what are you two doing here? You know better," Woohyun asked. "You're supposed to be asleep." The two looked at each other, knowing the hyungs weren't so happy. Better yet, the other three were nowhere in sight.