Chapter Eleven

Orphan Hut

“Hyung~I’m hungry!” Hoya whined, clinging onto Dongwoo’s arm. All they could see was a sea of huge boulders. It was like a forest, but it was rocks instead of trees. “Why didn’t you pay attention to where we were going?”

 

“I don’t know,” Dongwoo answered, plopping down on the ground. He obviously was not worried about being lost. “I didn’t know this island was this big! Who knows, there might be immigrants living on the other side of these rocks that eat whoever lands on their shore!”

 

“Yah! Don’t say that!” Hoya shrieked, punching Dongwoo on the shoulder. “You're going to scare me and then I’ll be scared of this Island! W-what if they find out there’s little kids on this island?”

 

Dongwoo laughed and shook his head. “We’re fine! Hamster hyung and his hubby will protect us.”

 

“But what if they’re never around..?”

 

“I’m kidding, Hoya. Nothing will ever happen to us.”

 

“I’m never ever ever going anywhere without Woohyun or Sunggyu!” Hoya cried, beginning to panic. “I need to get back now to protect baby Sungjong! He can’t get hurt by any predators! He’s too fragile!”

 

“Hoya, he’s fine. We’re fine. I was kidding! Besides, Sunggyu hyung won’t let anything happen to his little brother. now sit down and calm down.”

 

Hoya pouted and sat down next to Dongwoo with crossed arms. They sat in silence for a long time as it got darker and darker. Soon, the wind started blowing really hard and Dongwoo clung tightly onto Hoya, snuggling into his chest. “H-hyung?” Hoya cried, looking down at Dongwoo.

 

“It’s cold! You’re warm, cuddle with me~It’s scary out here.” Dongwoo mumbled.

 

“Hyung, you were just fine moments ago!” Hoya cried, but he still wrapped his arms around the older boy and laid his head on the other’s. “You smell weird!”

 

“Why are you smelling me? And of course I do. How am I supposed to shower?”

 

“You could bathe in the ocean...and use the flowers as perfumes.”

 

“You don’t even do that! And i’m scared of the hamster, so I’m not going to use his flowers.”

 

“Okay, hyung.” The two were quiet for a long time listening to the night sounds. “Hyung...do you ever think about having a relationship? You know, like Woohyun and Sunggyu’s? I mean...A-are you against...Gay?”

 

Dongwoo sat quietly, pondering Hoya’s words. He didn’t know where Hoya was going with this, but he was going to find out. “I’m not against it.”

 

“Do you think I’m too young to be in an actual relationship?”

 

“No.”

 

“We’re stuck on this island forever now. The only chance to find love is through us kids...”

 

“Do you love someone?” Dongwoo asked, cutting straight to the point.

 

“Do we even know what love is?”

 

“we can find out...”

 

“What do you mean? How?”

 

“We can give it a try.”

 

“What do you mean by we?!” Hoya shouted, ruffling his hair in frustration.

 

“You and I. We can give love a try. You know, with each other...”

 

“I’m not going to force you into something I want, hyung.”

 

“You are wanting a relationship with me?” Dongwoo asked with wide eyes. Hoya blushed and slowly nodded his head, causing Dongwoo to sit completely up and stare into his eyes. “Really?”

 

“Yes,hyung,” Hoya said, looking away to hide his even redder face.

 

“Hoya, look at me,” Dongwoo said, placing his hand under the younger boy’s chin and turning his face to look at him. “You don’t have to force me to do anything.”

 

“What-” he was cut off when he felt a plump pair of lips on his own. After a moment of shock, Hoya melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Dongwoo’s neck.

 

“Because I like you,” Dongwoo told him, breaking the kiss.



 

“Woohyun, where’s Hoya and Dongwoo?” Sunggyu cried, walking up to his boyfriend, who was playing with Sungjong and Myungsoo. “They’ve been gone for hours.”

 

“I don’t know hyung...They were going rock hunting...” Woohyun answered, looking at Sunggyu.

 

“You were suppose to get them when the sun set! They have been gone since lunch!” Sunggyu shouted, crossing his arms and glaring. “Now we have to go find them! They could be anywhere! They don’t know this island like we do! They could be hurt!”

 

“Alright, let’s go look, then,” Woohyun said, standing up.

 

“Can we go too?” Sungjong cried, staring at the two older boys with wide eyes.

 

“Sorry buddy, but you have to stay here. I don’t want you and Myunggie to get hurt,” Sunggyu told him. “But you can help hyung by taking care of Sungyeollie. There’s water heated and soup on the fire. Give him some warm water and feed him some soup. Myungsoo, watch after the two.”

 

After the two nodded, Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s wrist and dragged him off towards the boulders. “Hyung, are you mad?” Woohyun asked after a few moments of silence. The younger boy could feel the tension Sunggyu was radiating off himself.

 

“What do you think?” Sunggyu shouted, turning on him. “Of course i’m mad! I was taking care of Sungyeol! You should’ve been thinking about the other two!”

 

“S-sorry...”

 

“I’m worried sick, Nam Woohyun! They’re our responsibility now! Who knows what lies out behind those rocks! This is bad! What if they got hurt? What would you do then?”

 

“Hyung-”

 

“Stop it Woohyun. it’s really hard taking care of people on this island! If they get hurt or sick, there’s nothing we can do! We need to be extra aware now that we have three new kids with us!” Just then thunder rumbled and there was a strike of lightning. “Let’s hurry.”

 

Sunggyu started walking ahead, pulling Woohyun with him. After a while, it started pouring, causing Sunggyu to shiver uncontrollably. “Here,” Woohyun said, throwing his jacket onto the older boy. Then he pulled him close and hugged him tightly. “We don’t need you getting sick as well. My hamster would be boring and grumpy.”

 

“Thanks,” Sunggyu whispered, melting into the younger’s warmth. “Woohyun?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you.” Woohyun grinned and pecked Sunggyu’s lips.

 

“I love you too,” Woohyun answered, breaking away. He kept his arms around Sunggyu’s shoulders as they started walking. “Now, let’s find those boys. We need to get out of this sto~”

 

“Hyung~ I’m scared! Where are you?” a voice called. Woohyun and Sunggyu looked at each other with wide eyes before running towards the source.

 

“Hoya!” They shouted, together.

 

“Woohyun? Sunggyu?” The boy came into view, causing Sunggyu to Jump up in excitement and tackle him in a tight hug.

 

“Hoya! I’m so glad you’re okay! I was so worried!”

 

“Sunggyu hyung, I can’t breath!” Hoya gasped, pushing him off.

 

“Oh, sorry!” Sunggyu said, backing up. “Anyway, where’s Dongwoo?”



 

“Myungsoo hyung~” Sungjong cried out from underneath Sungyeol’s bed. The poor boy was terrified of thunder. “Help me!”

 

“Sungjongie, come here,” Sungyeol said, sitting up in his bed, despite Myungsoo’s protests.

 

“Sungyeol hyung, lay back down!” Myungsoo said, pushing him back.

 

“I’ll be okay,” Sungyeol told him as Sungjong climbed into the bed. Sungyeol then wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close. “It will be okay.”

 

“I’m scared! I want Gyu Gyu!” he cried into Sungyeol’s shoulder. Myungsoo shifted uncomfortably as he watched the two.

 

“He has separation anxiety when it’s storming and Sunggyu hyung isn't here for him. Woohyun and I have always had a hard time calming him down,” Myungsoo said quietly. Sungjong continued to cry loudly, so Myungsoo joined them on the bed and also hugged him.

 

“Don’t worry, Gyu Gyu will be back,” Sungyeol assured him.

 

The little boy stopped crying and glared at him. “No. You can’t call him Gyu Gyu,” he said with a croaky voice. “Only I can.”

 

“Okay, araso, araso,” Sungyeol said, ruffling his hair. The boy’s eyes filled with tears again just as another clash of thunder filled the earth.

 

“Jongie, it’ll be okay,” Myungsoo said, hugging him tighter.

 

“Hello? Is anybody here?” a voice shouted through the house. “Hoya? Hamster hyung? Woohyun hyung?”

 

“We’re in the room,” Sungyeol shouted as Sungjong struggled out of their hold and ran to tackle Dongwoo.

 

“Dongwoo!” he shouted, still crying. “Where’s Gyu Gyu?”

 

Sungyeol sighed and fell back into his pillows, feeling light headed. he started coughing and sneezing, making Myungsoo really worried. “Hyung, get some rest,” Myungsoo said, getting out of the bed and covering him with a blanket. Then he grabbed another and put that over him. Then he dipped a rag into the warm water and wrung it out, placing it on his forehead.

 

“Thank you Myunggie,” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo put his finger to Sungyeol’s lips, shaking his head. He then removed his finger and replaced it with a cup. Sungyeol smiled gratefully, slowly drinking the water.

 

“Where are Woohyun and Sunggyu hyungs?” Dongwoo asked, joining them in the room, with Sungjong clinging onto his waist.

 

“They went looking for you and Hoya hours ago...where’s Hoya?” Myungsoo responded, staring at him.

 

“I don’t know...we were walking and he suddenly vanished. I started looking for him and ended up here...I’m going to go find him.”

 

“No you’re not. You’re staying here,” Myungsoo demanded. “You’re changing out of those clothes and laying down. You were out in the pouring rain.”

 

Myungsoo then left the room, returning shortly after with a pile of rags and new clothes. He threw a rag and clothes at Dongwoo. “Change,’ he ordered. Dongwoo nodded and took off his clothes, drying his body, then he put on the new set and Myungsoo walked over to him. he started drying the older boy’s hair with a new rag and laid him down in his and Sungjong’s bed. “Sleep, you too Sungjongie. Gyu Gyu will be back soon, so sleep with Dongwoo.”

 

Once the two were under the covers, Myungsoo walked over to Sungyeol’s bed.  He found the boy was sleeping, which relieved him slightly. He sighed and walked out of the room, sitting in the living room and staring off into space.

 

“Myungsoo? Where is everyone?” a voice asked, breaking him out of his trance. Myungsoo looked up to find Woohyun and Hoya standing in front of him, both completely soaked.

 

“Hyung! Um, Sungyeol’s sleeping, Dongwoo and Sungjong are too. He’s calmed down a little bit, I think he really misses Sunggyu hyung,” Myungsoo answered, standing up.

 

“Poor baby,” Woohyun replied, letting out a deep sigh. “Wait...Dongwoo’s here?” Myungsoo nodded and Woohyun’s eyes widened. “I need to get Sunggyu hyung!”

 

“No! you need to stay here. You’ll get sick hyung.”

 

“Sunggyu’s safety is more important than me getting sick!” Woohyun shouted as he rushed out of the hut.