Chapter Thirteen

Orphan Hut

"Woohyun? Why didn't you find some place dry? You're going to be sick!" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun sighed and released Sunggyu from the hug they were in. "I was looking for you. I was worried about you," he told him.

 

"You weren't supposed to be looking for me! What about Dongwoo? We need to find him!" Sunggyu screamed. Woohyun could see the tears forming in the older boy's eyes and he clenched onto Woohyun's shirt. He realised just how much Sunggyu cared about these boys, and it broke Woohyun's heart to see him this way.

 

"Sunggyu hyung, he's okay. He found his way back to the hut," Woohyun assured him. "Myungsoo is taking care of him. Hoya's there, too."

 

"Thank goodness!" Sunggyu cried, sinking to the ground. Another clash of thunder was heard, causing Sunggyu's eyes to widen in worry. "What about Sungjong? He's terrified of storms! Why didn't you stay with him?"

 

"The others are with him. Plus, I had to find you! The others are too young to send out here to look. I wouldn't make them look for you. Do you think I'm not gonna go look for you?"

 

"We need to get home! Why are we just standing here? I need to get to my little brother!" Sunggyu rushed past Woohyun into the pouring rain, not caring about the weather anymore. "You should have stayed with him. You are all better off without me."

 

Woohyun frowned and walked in front of Sunggyu, slapping his cheek. "KIM SUNGGYU! Don't you ever let me hear you say that again. Stop belittling yourself. How do you think we've been able to survive on this island? You're the one that holds us together. That keeps us alive. Everyone loves you more than anything. How would I live without you? I love you so much, Sunggyu. You are my everything," Woohyun screamed, staring into his eyes.

 

Sunggyu stared at him for a long while before turning and running, tears visible on his face. "Y-yah! Kim Sunggyu!" Woohyun cried, running after him. "I shouldn't have yelled at you! I'm sorry! Hyung~"

 

Sunggyu kept running, ignoring Woohyun's cries. He wasn't mad at Woohyun, but he was mad at himself for upsetting Woohyun and making him worry. After a few minutes of running, Sunggyu felt his foot slip on a rock and he fell, catching himself with his hands. A huge pain shot through his ankle as he let out a pained cry.

 

"Sunggyu hyung!" Woohyun cried, new worry filling his voice. He ran over to Sunggyu and knelt down next to him. "Are you okay?" he wiped away his boyfriend's tears and hugged him tightly. "I'm so sorry!"

 

"I think I sprained my ankle," Sunggyu said through clenched teeth. Woohyun sighed and ripped off his soaked shirt while he searched for a stick. He found one and took Sunggyu's foot in his hands, carefully so he wouldn't hurt it, and studied the ankle. It was swollen.

 

"It's definitely swollen," Woohyun told him as he placed the stick on it and carefully wrapped the cloth around it. "That should help. Now, get on my back."

 

"W-what?" Sunggyu asked, staring up at him.

 

"I'm not letting you walk on that ankle. Get on my back. We need to get back to the boys." Sunggyu hesitantly obeyed as Woohyun bent over and helped him on his back.

 

"Thank you... You're very cold and wet."

 

"I know," Woohyun stated as they started walking.

 

"You're amazing, you know that? Woohyun, I love you," Sunggyu said, resting his chin on his shoulder. "I love you," he said again before drifting off to sleep.



 

Another clash of thunder awoke Sungjong, and the boy started crying once again. Myungsoo jumped up from Sungyeol's side and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. "It's okay, Jongie, it'll be over soon," he said, softly.

 

"Where's Gyu Gyu?" the little boy asked, burying his face into Myungsoo's chest. "I want Gyu hyung! Gyu~"

 

"He'll be here soon," Myungsoo assured him, patting his back. "No, I need him now!"

 

"He's-"

 

"Myungsoo, we're back!" a voice called, causing Myungsoo to sigh in relief.

 

"We're in the room, hyung~" he called back. A few minutes later, Woohyun walked in with a sleeping hamster. He softly laid him down on the bed before looking up at the two younger boys. "What happened to Sunggyu hyung?"

 

"He twisted his ankle," Woohyun answered as Sungjong ran towards them. Woohyun picked him up in his arms and hugged him tightly. "Myungsoo, can you get a couple of rags and some new clothes for me and Gyu?"

 

"Of course!" Myungsoo cried, running out of the room. Woohyun turned to Sungjong and the boy's hair, ending up in a sneezing fit and a very runny nose. Once Myungsoo came back, he dropped the clothes and ran over to him. "Hyung!"

 

"I'm okay, Myunggie," Woohyun assured him before shaking Sunggyu awake. "Hyung, get up. You need to get dressed."

 

The older boy slowly opened his eyes, blinking cutely. "We're back?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

 

"Yes," Woohyun answered as Myungsoo picked up the new clothes again. "Now, get dressed or else you'll get sick." As if on cue, Woohyun started sneezing violently.

 

"You hurry and change," Sunggyu scolded. "You're the one who's sick!" The older boy placed his hand on Woohyun's forehead and frowned. "You're sleeping in this bed. You have a fever."

 

"No, Jongie will. I'll sleep..."

 

"All three of us will sleep in the bed, then. Myungsoo, you sleep with Yeollie," Sunggyu said, looking at the boy as he started to change out of his wet clothes.

 

"I'm okay with that," Sungyeol stated, sitting up in his bed. Everyone turned to see the tall boy smiling at them. "I feel lonely."

 

"Don't worry, Myunggie will sleep with you. Now, let's get to bed."



 

Hoya awoke to a loud coughing filling the room. The boy turned to find Woohyun coughing in his hand. "Are you okay hyung?" he asked, but the older boy shook his head.

 

"I feel terrible," Woohyun answered with a scratchy voice.

 

"I-i'm sorry, hyung. Dongwoo and I shouldn't have gotten lost. You wouldn't be sick right now," Hoya said, frowning slightly.

 

"No, it's okay. We'll just have to work extra hard... With the three oldest unable to do anything."

 

"I can do something, hyung," Sungyeol said, sitting up in his bed. Woohyun looked at him and shook his head.

 

"No. You'll stay in bed. You need to rest."

 

"We'll do everything for you guys," Dongwoo said, also sitting up. Hoya immediately leaned into him and Dongwoo wrapped his arms around him. "You're always doing things for us. All three of you."

 

"Yeah, we'll help!" Myungsoo cried, shooting up. "You taught me how to start the fire! I can do that! And I'll cook and make you guys water and take care of you and Yeollie! And Jongie can take of Sunggyu hyung!"

 

"Thanks boys..."

 

"Let's go make breakfast!" Hoya cried, jumping up.

 

"Use the soup already made. Just heat it up," Woohyun ordered.

 

"Okay!" the three shouted as they rushed out of the room. Myungsoo ran over to the food outside and picked up the large container of leftover soup. "We need a pan," Myungsoo said as he walked towards the front to the hut. Dongwoo immediately ran back inside to get it. "And Hoya, grab some firewood so we can start the fire."

 

"Right," Hoya said, walking over to the side of the hut. He sighed and stared at the logs, deciding which ones would be best for a fire. After picking up as many logs as he could carry, he walked over to Myungsoo and arranged the logs in the fire hole.

 

Myungsoo then started the fire, like Woohyun did many times before, and succeeded. "Wah!" Hoya exclaimed, staring at the fire. Dongwoo was beside him now, also staring at it. "How  did you do that?"

 

"You've never started a fire before?" Myungsoo asked, staring up at him.

 

"Hoya hasn't, but I have. Only with matches, though," Dongwoo replied, setting the pot down on the layer of rocks above the fire.

 

"What are matches?" Myungsoo asked, his eyes widening.

 

"A fire starter stick thing... OH! I HAVE SOME!" Dongwoo cheered, running back into the house.

 

"Why does Dongwoo hyung have a fire starter? Woohyun and Sunggyu hyungs don't let us use these," Myungsoo asked as he poured the soup into the pot.

 

"I don't know," Hoya muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

 

"Yah! Jang Dongwoo! What do you have?" the voice of Sunggyu sounded from inside.

 

"Nothing hyung!" Dongwoo cried, running up to the other two with a large match box in his hands.

 

"Dongwoo!" Seconds later, Sunggyu came limping over to them, followed by Sungjong. "What do you have?"

 

"Matches, hyung," Myungsoo told him.

 

"Matches... Yah! Give those here! Where'd you get those? Kids aren't supposed to have those!" Sunggyu cried, reaching for Dongwoo.

 

"Hyung! Stop walking on that foot! Come back inside!" Woohyun cried, also coming outside. Sungyeol was right behind him.

 

"Yah! Both of you, go back inside and sleep. You're sick!" Sunggyu ordered, turning on them. "I just need to deal with the kids."

 

"No, you need to get off that foot," Woohyun told him before coughing loudly. Sunggyu ran over to him, despite his bad foot.

 

"Go back inside," Sunggyu told him. Woohyun stubbornly shook his head. "Now."

 

"You need to get off your foot."

 

Hoya turned back to Myungsoo and Dongwoo, taking the matches from Dongwoo. "I'll show Myunggie how it works," he stated.

 

"Really? Show me!" Myungsoo cried, jumping up and down and clapping his hands.

"But Hoya. You've never done it before! What if you get hurt?" Dongwoo asked, staring at Hoya.

 

"Just watch!"

 

"We wanna watch too!" Sungjong cried as he and Sungyeol joined them.

 

"Okay. Don't worry hyung, I'll be careful," Hoya said, taking a match stick out of the box. He carefully swiped the red end over the bumpy side of the box and a flame emitted from it.

 

"Wah! So cool!" Myungsoo cried, staring at it.

 

"Throw it in the fire, quick!" Sungyeol told him, holding Sungjong back. Hoya nodded and threw the match into the fire.

 

"Let me try!" Sungjong cried, reaching for the box.

 

"No, you're too young," Sungyeol said, pulling him back again.

 

"I wanna try!" Sungjong cried, stomping his foot. "I wanna make fire! Let me try! I want to do it!"

 

"No Jongie. You can't yet," Myungsoo said, taking the box from Hoya. "But you can hold the box while I light it."

 

"No, you're too young, too!" Sungyeol cried, taking it away from him. "It's too dangerous."

 

"Yeollie hyung, Hoya's younger~" Myungsoo whined, reaching for the box again. Sungyeol shook his head and kept it out of his reach.

 

"You'll get hurt. These things are very complicated. I don't want you to get hurt."

 

"Sungyeollie hyung~"

 

"None of you are using these," Woohyun said, taking the box from Sungyeol. "Where in the world did you get these?"

 

"Changmin's office," Dongwoo said, looking away from Woohyun.

 

"Who's Changmin?" Sungjong asked. "And what's an office?" He started tugging on Woohyun's shirt, demanding an answer.

 

"Changmin is our evil caretaker. He and Yunho were going to separate us. Changmin was gonna send me to Tokyo and Dongwoo to New York," Hoya answered, watching Dongwoo from the side.

 

"I hate him. He's a jerk," Dongwoo replied.

 

"But then he got us Junsu and Yoochun hyungs! We were gonna go to Australia with them and Jae hyung! But that meant leaving Sandeul and Baro."

 

"I miss Sandeul and Baro. We've been with them forever."

 

"Yeah, I miss Sandeul dressing up like a duck. He really did look like one."

 

"Yeah, and calling Baro a princess squirrel!"

 

"That was so funny!"

 

"You guys had some really good friends, didn't you?" Sunggyu asked, limping over to them.

 

"Yeah... But they're nothing like you guys!" Hoya cried, grinning up at everyone.

 

"Yeah!" Dongwoo agreed, throwing his arm around Myungsoo's shoulders.

 

"We're family now!" Sungyeol added. "With you guys, I feel alive. While I was home, I didn't have anyone. But here, I have the need to protect Myungsoo and Sungjong and Hoya and Dongwoo. And Woohyun and Sunggyu are so nice to me."

 

"That's because we love you," Sunggyu told him.

 

"Now, Myungsoo, finish up the soup. Sunggyu, come inside and get off your foot. Sungyeol and I are coming, too," Woohyun said, pushing his boyfriend inside.

~