Chapter Fifteen (final)

Orphan Hut

“Hyung~” Sungjong cried, running into the hut. He found Sunggyu and Woohyun at the table, a bowl of the unfinished soup the kids made right in front of them. Sunggyu sighed and looked up at his little brother. “Hyung, Myunnie and Hoya and Dongwoo and Yeollie are swimming in the ocean. You told us we’re not allowed to when it’s cold out. But now it’s really cold.”

 

“Okay, calm down. Woohyun, go tell them to come inside right now,” Sunggyu said, turning on Woohyun.

 

“But hyung~ I don’t want to~” Woohyun whined, crossing his arms and pouting.

 

“I said go. Now don’t complain,” Sunggyu scolded, glaring at him.

 

“But-“

 

“No buts. Go.”

 

“Hyung~”

 

“Stop whining. I said to go get them. Now go.”

 

“Hyung, you’re lazy.”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No I’m not. You’re the one who’s being lazy.”

 

“If you’re not lazy, then why aren’t you getting them yourself?”

 

“Because of my foot, dumbnut!” Sunggyu cried, pointing at his foot. It’s been a few weeks since Hoya and Dongwoo got lost in the boulders, and Sunggyu’s foot has only became worse.

 

“O-oh, right. Sorry hyung!” Woohyun cried, jumping up. Sunggyu didn’t say anything, so Woohyun left the hut with his head down. Sungjong then ran over to Sunggyu, climbing up in his lap.

 

“Gyu Gyu hyung, are you mad at Woohyun hyung?” Sungjong asked, looking up at his older brother. Sunggyu looked away from him with no reply, causing the younger boy to frown. “Don’t be mad at Woohyunnie hyung. He’s just a big fat id-”

 

“SUNGGYU!” a voice called from outside, cutting Sungjong off from what he was saying. “GET OUT HERE NOW!”

 

Sungjong jumped off Sunggyu’s lap and the older boy immediately jumped up, running out the door. He ignored the shooting pain in his foot as he made his way to the edge of the beach, where he found Woohyun and a dripping we Hoya and Dongwoo. “What’s wrong?” he asked, seeing Woohyun point at the water. Sunggyu turned to find Sungyeol swimming to shore with Myungsoo on his back.

 

Sungyeol finally made it and set Myungsoo on the sandy beach. “He drowned,” Sungyeol explained, his voice cracking and tears streaming down his face. “What do I do?”

 

“Do you know CPR?” Dongwoo asked, hugging Hoya to himself as he started to tremble.

 

“Yes!” Sungyeol cried with wide eyes, before hitting his own forehead. “How could I forget?!” He started pressing the young boy’s stomach to get air into his lungs, then he went to place his mouth over the younger’s, freaking Woohyun out completely.

 

“Wait, what are you doing?” Woohyun cried, staring at the young boy in shock.

 

“CPR, hyung,” Hoya answered, looking up at him. “Don’t you know what CPR is?”

 

“No…” Woohyun answered, looking at Sunggyu who also looked confused.

 

“You’ve been living on this island for a long time, this close to water, and you don’t know what CPR is?!” Dongwoo cried, staring at them with wide eyes. Woohyun slowly shook his head, just as Sungyeol placed his mouth on Myungsoo’s, breathing deep breaths into him and pushing his stomach many times, until the little boy awoke, coughing up water.

 

“You’re okay!” Sungyeol cried, hugging Myungsoo tightly as tears continued to roll down his cheeks. Myungsoo hugged him back, hesitantly. He was still completely confused about what was going on, which made him cry as well.

 

“Myungsoo! Thank God!” Woohyun cried, rushing forward and grabbing his little brother out of Sungyeol’s hands. “I was so scared. Don’t ever do that to me again. Do you hear me, Kim Myungsoo?”

 

“H-hyung, I thought I died,” Myungsoo cried into Woohyun’s shoulder. “It was so scary. B-but how am I alive? Didn’t I drown?”

 

“Yeollie hyung saved you with his magic!” Sungjong cried, running over to him. “Yeollie is magical and he came to save you! He’s your prince now, because he gave you the kiss of life!”

 

“A-a kiss?” Myungsoo asked, looking at a blushing Sungyeol. “Y-you kissed me?”

 

“It’s n-not what you think. I- Myungsoo!” He cried, just as Myungsoo passed out in Woohyun’s arms. “W-why did he pass out?”

 

“He needs rest,” Woohyun stated as he stood up and carried Myungsoo inside. Sunggyu finally collapsed, relieving the stress on his sprained ankle. No one looked at him, so he figured they all forgot about him.

 

“Let’s get dressed so we don’t catch a cold,” Sungyeol suggested. Hoya and Dongwoo nodded in agreement and the three ran inside, followed by Sungjong.

 

“Seems like I’ve been ignored,” Sunggyu stated as he started drawing in the sand with his finger. After about an hour of just sitting there, someone finally came rushing out of the house. Sunggyu ignored them as he packed sand together in a large pile.

 

“Sunggyu hyung, I’m so sorry!” the voice of Woohyun cried as he crouched down next to Sunggyu. Sunggyu ignored him and started forming a castle with his sand. “Gyu~ Let’s go inside.”

 

“Leave me alone!” Sunggyu cried, glaring at him. Woohyun pouted and put his hand on Woohyun’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung~”

 

“Get off me!” Sunggyu shouted, pushing Woohyun away. “Boys! Get out here! Now!”

 

Seconds later, Sungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya and Dongwoo came running out, stopping in front of Sunggyu. “Don’t you dare think you’re not in trouble!” He shouted at them. All of them nodded quietly, afraid to approach the angry hamster. “Sungjong, go inside and watch over Myungsoo.”

 

“Okay hyung!” Sungjong cried, running inside. Sunggyu sighed before glaring at everone else. They all bowed their heads, not daring to say anything.

 

“What did I tell you guys? Did I not say don’t go in the water? Especially when I’m not out here?” he scolded, causing all of them to wince. They’ve never seen Sunggyu this mad the three months they’ve been living here. “Do you three not have any boundries? Am I not in charge here? Am I just someone you look down upon and ignore?”

 

“Oh, he’s mad cause we left him alone for a while,” Sungyeol whispered to Dongwoo.

 

“What was that, Lee Sungyeol?” Sunggyu growled. The boy looked at him and shook his head. “The three of you are so irresponsible! This is not the orphanage, Hoya and Dongwoo. This is not your uncle’s house, Sungyeol. You can’t go around and do whatever you want. I’m very considerate and have very few rules, but if you guys continue like this I’m going to become very strict. We’re supposed to help eachother and stand by eachother. If you want to get along, then listen to the few rules I give you.”

 

“But hyung, I just saved Myungsoo’s life! I did help him,” Sungyeol cried.

 

“I know you did. And I’m very thankful for that,” Sunggyu told him. “But that doesn’t mean you’re not in trouble.”

 

“So you’re going to punish us and not Myungsoo? He went swimming as well!”

 

“No, he’l be punished as well. But first things first, whose idea was it to go swimming?”

 

“Sungyeol!” Hoya and Dongwoo cried at the same time. Sunggyu frowned and Sungyeol, who was trying to break eye contact with everyone.

 

“Sungyeol,” Woohyun said, stepping up from behind Sunggyu. Sunggyu frowned and crossed his arms, but decided to let Woohyun talk. “You’re the oldest. Why did you decided to disobey Sunggyu’s words and bring everyone else down with you?”

 

“I’m really sorry,” Sungyeol said, finally looking into their eyes.

 

“Alright Sungyeol, I want you to go back into the study room. Dongwoo, you’ll stay on the front step while Hoya’s on the back step,” Sunggyu said. They all nodded their heads and left to their assigned places without a word. Woohyun sighed and placed his hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “Get off me, Woohyun.”

 

“Aw hyung~ Why are you so mad at me?” Woohyun asked, sitting in the sad and back hugging Sunggyu. “I’m sorry. Everyone ignored you after Myungsoo drowned and everything. Even though your foot gave out, I didn’t come out to help you. I should’ve come back after helping Myungsoo, but I didn’t. Honestly, I didn’t even think about you until your brother asked where you were at.”

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Sunggyu said at last. “You had to focus on your brother who almost died. It makes perfect sense. Brothers come first. Woohyun, I’m not mad at you,” Sunggyu stated, turning to face his boyfriend. “I’m just frustrated and shocked and scared all at the same time. I don’t really understand all the emotions running through me right now. It’s all so stressful. I can’t do anything with this stupid foot of mine!”

 

“It will be okay. Everything will be fine,” Woohyun told him, hugging him tightly.

 

“I hope so,” Sunggyu stated, looking at his hands. Woohyun laughed and kissed his cheek.

 

“Let’s get inside,” Woohyun said, standing up and helping Sunggyu stand up.

 

“Right,” Sunggyu agreed, leaning his weight on Woohyun as they made their way inside. “Thank you, Woohyun. For everything.”

 

“Anytime. Just call me out when you need help, and I’ll always be there,” Woohyun stated, grinning at his boyfriend. “Forever.”


 

Myungsoo slowly opened his eyes and found Sungjong right up next to him. “J-jongie? W-what happened?” Myungsoo asked as he carefully sat up.

 

“Myunggie hyung~ You’re okay!” Sungjong cried, hugging him. “Sungyeol hyung is really worried about you! He’s freaking out completely. I don’t think you should keep him waiting.”

 

“Then have him-”

 

“GUYS! GET OUT HERE NOW!” the voice of Sungyeol bellowed throughout the island, cutting Myungsoo off. Myungsoo stared at Sungjong, who jumped off the bed. Sungjong then helped Myungsoo off the bed and the two ran outside to where Sungyeol was standing with Dongwoo.

 

“Yah!” They heard Sunggyu scream as he came around the corner with Hoya and Woohyun. “I never said that you and Dongwoo could get out  of time out.”

 

“But hyung~ that doesn’t matter right now~” Sungyeol whined, stomping his foot.

 

“And why’s that?” Sunggyu asked with crossed arms. Myungsoo and Sungjong gave each other uneasy glances. They knew how Sunggyu was when they broke out of his punishments.

 

“BECAUSE!” Sungyeol shouted, pointing at the huge boulders beside the hut. “Over there. I heard voices. Dongwoo did too. I swear!” He then looked at everyone to exaggerate his point, before laying eyes on Myungsoo. His eyes softened and he ran to the younger boy, pulling him into a hug. “You’re okay! I’m so happy! I was so worried about you!”

 

“Is that why you kissed me?” Myungsoo asked, also wrapping his arms around Sungyeol.

 

“W-well, I-I-” Sungyeol started, pulling back and turning his head away. Myungsoo could see a slight blush appearing on Sungyeol’s cheeks. “Th-that-”

 

“Thank you for saving me,” Myungsoo said, kissing his cheek before breaking free and running to his older brother. Sungyeol just stood there, madly blushing as everyone stared at him.

 

The silence was broken by a loud wail coming from the boulders. Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he motioned for the boys to get behind him. Everyone obeyed as Woohyun stepped up and took his hand. “Woohyun-ah, what’s going on?” Sunggyu whispered, squeezing the younger’s hand.

 

“I don’t know,” Woohyun replied, pursing his lips.

 

“Hyungs~” a voice cried. “Wait for me~ I stubbed my toe!”

 

“Will you not make so much noise? This island scares me,” another voice cried.

 

“Both of you, stop arguing! You’re so annoying!” a third voice shouted. There was a small silence, before another wail.

 

“Hyung~ Why’d you hit me?!” the first voice shouted.

 

“I didn’t! And stop that shouting of your’s! It gives me a headache,” the last voice cried. “Yah, hyung, stop wandering off.”

 

“Should I go look?” Sunggyu asked, looking at his boyfriend.

 

“No. You need to stay with the kids. And I’m not letting you out there with this foot. I’ll go,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head repeatedly.

 

“You’re not going anywhere alone!” Sunggyu cried.

 

“I-I’ll go with hyung,” Myungsoo volunteered, grabbing his brother’s hand.

 

“Well,” Sunggyu started, just as a figure stepped onto the clearing.

 

“Yah, Yoochun-ah, Junsu-ah, there’s a house over here!” the figure cried. Myungsoo noticed Dongwoo’s and Hoya’s eyes widen as they broke away from the group.

 

“Jae hyuuuuuuuuuung~” Dongwoo cried, running to the guy. Hoya followed, grinning widely.

 

“D-dongwoo! Hoya! Wh-what are you doing?” Woohyun cried, letting go of Myungsoo and Sunggyu as he ran after them and pulled them back.

 

“Dongwoo? Hoya?” another voice asked as two more people came into the clearing. “It is you! We’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

 

“Junsu!” they both shouted, struggling to get out of Woohyun’s grip. “Hyung,” Hoya cried, “let go! It’s Junsu and Yoochun! From the orphanage! They helped us escape!”

“Y-you’re the ones that saved these boys?” Sunggyu asked, limping over to the three standing by the boulders. Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s hands as he started to walk over to Woohyun. Woohyun let go of Hoya and Dongwoo as they ran up to join Sunggyu, steadying him.

 

“Hyung, be careful on your foot,” Dongwoo told him. Sunggyu nodded and stopped walking, standing in front of the tallest man.

 

“We are,” the tall guy replied. “We’ve been looking everywhere for these two. How did they even end up here?”

 

“We followed Jae hyung’s advice!” Dongwoo cried. The tall man and the other, who looked slightly like a goat, the third man.

 

“Advice? Hyung, what did you tell them?” the goat boy asked.

 

“I told them… wait, what did I say?” Jae asked, turning on the two boys.

 

“You told us to escape on a life boat if we got caught,” Dongwoo told him.

 

“But we told you not to get caught,” Yoochun colded, frowning at them. “How did you get caught?”

 

“W-we… No, I accidently bumped into Sungyeollie hyung and broke his ipod thingy. He cried-“ Hoya started, only to be cut off by a howl of laughter from Myungsoo.

 

“You cried?!” Myungsoo asked, trying to hold back his laughter. Sungyeol glared and let go of Myungsoo’s hand.

 

“At least I don’t cry as much as you!” Sungyeol shouted, still glaring.

 

“You cried over a broken ipeed.”

 

“It’s an ipod! And it was worth a week of coffee! Don’t you know how important that is for your soul?!”

 

“No, because I don’t know what coffees or ipods are,” Myungsoo replied, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Wait wait wait, how do you not know what they are?” the goat man asked with wide eyes.

 

“It doesn’t matter, Junsu. Anyway, how did you get caught?” the tall boy asked again.

 

“Well, I made Sungyeollie hyung cry. So we ran, since he was being really rude. The security found us and we tried hiding. He chased us for about an hour until we finally escaped  in the life boat. It turns out that Sungyeol was in it, but there was no turning back,” Hoya finished, smiling sweetly.

 

“So how did you get here?” Jae asked, sitting in the sand.

 

“We rowed all the way here,” Dongwoo replied, shrugging his shoulders. “Then Myungsoo found us. Then Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung and Sungjongie came to us.”

 

“And they’ve been taking care of us,” Hoya added.

 

“Just you two?” Junsu asked, looking at Sunggyu and Woohyun. The two nodded as Sungjong hugged his older brother’s leg. “Where are your parents?”

 

“With the big fishies,” Sungjong said, matter of factly.

 

“They were lost at sea five years ago,” Sunggyu told them. “Sungjong and Myungsoo grew up on this island. Sungjong was born here. After our parents died, I took care of these three. Then Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol came along.”

 

“How did you survive?”

 

“I don’t know myself,” Sunggyu said, shrugging his shoulders. Just them, Sunggyu’s foot gave out and he collapsed in pain.

 

“Sunggyu!” Woohyun cried, running over to him. “This is why you shouldn’t move around on your foot.”

 

“I know,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes.

 

“What happened?” the nameless tall man asked, kneeling down next to him.

“One night it was really stormy, and Hoya and Dongwoo went missing. We went searching for them and Sunggyu hyung twisted his ankle on a rock,” Woohyun told him.

 

“Can I see?” the tall man asked. Sunggyu nodded his head and the man gently took the cloth off of Sunggyu’s foot. The foot was now completely swollen, being a purplish-blue color. The bone seemed to be sticking out in a weird way. “I think it’s broken. You really need to get this checked out.”

 

“H-how?” Sunggyu asked, looking at him with questioning eyes.

 

“Come back to Seoul. We’ll provide you with anything you need,” Jae said, smiling at them. The tall man gently wrapped Sunggyu’s foot back in the cloth.

 

“Will you let me call my uncle? He can help us,” Sungyeol asked.

 

“Of course. Let’s just get you off this island.”

 

“But… This is our home. We’ve been here for eight years. These boys know nothing else but life here,” Sunggyu told them.

 

“We can help them. Let us help you.”

 

“But hyung, what about Changmin and Yunho?” Dongwoo asked.

 

“We’ll get you out of that orphanage no matter what.” Junsu assured him.

 

“And I want to see my family,” Sungyeol added. “But I don’t want to go without the four of you!”

 

“Yeah, we don’t either!” Hoya added.

 

“Woohyun hyung, I really want to go to the city!” Myungsoo cried, turning on his brother.

 

“Me too!” Sungjong cried. “Can we? Can we? Please~”

 

“Okay, fine,” Sunggyu said, looking at Woohyun. “But we should all formally introduce ourselves. I’m Kim Sunggyu-”

 

“Nam Woohyun.”

 

“Lee Sungjong.”

 

“Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“Lee Sungyeol.”

 

“Jang Dongwoo.”

 

“Lee Howon.”

 

“Sillies, everyone knows that,” Junsu said to Hoya and Dongwoo. “Anyway, I’m Kim Junsu.”

 

“Kim Jaejoong,” Jae greeted, grinning at everyone. The tall boy sighed and stood up, helping Sunggyu up.

 

“And I’m Park Yoochun,” he said as Woohyun helped him help Sunggyu walk away from the island.



 

“Uncle Jonghyun, it’s Sungyeol,” Sungyeol said into the phone. They’ve been in the boat for a while, and Jae finally found phone service so that Sungyeol could call his uncle. The four youngest were fast asleep while Yoochun was steering the boat and Jae was nagging him. Woohyun and Junsu were having a conversation about who knows what while Sunggyu was icing his foot.

 

“Lee Sungyeol? Where in the world did you go?! I got a call from the ship saying you went missing! I am never sending you anywhere alone EVER again.. Who’s phone are you using? Where are you?” his uncle screamed into phone. Sungyeol winced and dropped down next to Sunggyu, who patted him on the back.

 

“Uncle, I won’t be going anywhere alone for awhile now. If I go anywhere, I’ll be with Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung and Sungjong and Myungsoo and Hoya and Dongwoo,” Sungyeol said into the phone, smiling at Sunggyu. “I’m coming home with my brand new friends. Uncle, they actually understand me and they’re so kind. All of them are orphans and Sunggyu hyung did a great job taking care of me.”

 

“Are you serious? I’m so happy for you and I’m glad you’re coming home. But these orphans...How did you meet them? And why didn’t I hear from you before?”

 

“Well, on the ship I wanted to be alone and have some quiet time. So I found a quiet corner, which was in a lifeboat, and fell asleep. Next thing I knew, the boat splashed into the water! And Hoya and Dongwoo  were there. So we stayed in that boat until we came to an island.”

 

“Why were Hoya and Dongwoo on the boat?”

 

“They were escaping the orphanage. Uncle, they were so bad to Hoya and Dongwoo! They didn’t treat them well. They were so mean! You need to help them uncle! Can you please adopt them? The only reason they got away was because Jae and Junsu and Yoochun hyungs snuck them onto the ship. I met them when they got on the little boat , because they were caught by the security guards! Uncle, you need to help them! Please~ please adopt them! I won’t be lonely anymore!”

 

“Sungyeol, calm down. I’ll help them however I can. But on that island...Tell me what happened,” Jonghyun said, calmly.

 

“Well, we first met Myungsoo. But he called the others and out came Sungjong, Sunggyu, and Woohyun. Woohyun and Sunggyu took us in, and cared for us! They were so nice! They changed me, uncle, They healed me. They told us that they’ve only had each other for 5 years. Their parents were lost at sea. They’ve been living on the island for seven years. And now they finally escaped their prison. Jae and Junsu and Yoochun found us and now they’re taking us home.”

 

“When will you be back?”

 

“I don’t know, but please wait for ust. We’ll be there soon.”

 

“Okay, I will.”

 

“Also, help Woohyun and Sunggyu, please! Give them a job at the company! They need to support their little brothers. They’re very hard working. I even saw Sunggyu’s studyroom. he has a lot of papers that he writes on. I think he was writing  a story or something. Please, give both of them a job.”

 

“Is this Sunggyu there?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Yes,” Sungyeol replied, looking at Sunggyu.

 

“I want to talk to him. Put him on speaker.”

 

“Okay,” Sungyeol said, taking the phone away from his ear and pressing the speaker button.

 

“Gyu hyung, my uncle wants to talk to you. Just say something into the phone.”

 

“Oh, right.” Sunggyu said and straightened up. He winced in pain as he accidently hit his foot on the side of the boat. “Ouch!”

 

“Are you okay hyung?” Woohyun asked, turning to them.

 

“I’m fine. I just hit my broken foot on the wall,” Sunggyu replied before turning back to the phone. “Hello Jonghyun, this is Kim Sunggyu.”

 

“Ah, hello Sunggyu-sshi. Sungyeol just told me alot about you. Thank You for taking care of my nephew. Was he too much trouble for you?” Jonghyun said inot the phone. Sunggyu grinned and looked at Sungyeol.

 

“Oh, he’s trouble.” Woohyun replied, laughing.

 

“Yah!” Sungyeol cried, slapping Woohyun’s shoulder. “Woohyun hyung~”

 

“No, he wasn’t that bad.” Sunggyu replied. “Okay, in the beginning he was bad, but now he’s changed completely. He helps us out alot. Even when he was sick he wanted to help, because Woohyun was sick and I had a broken foot. The four youngest kids even tried to burn down the island.”

 

“No we didn’t hyung!” Myungsoo cried, crawling over to them. “Hoya was just showing us how to use the matches! But Yeollie hyung wouldn’t let me even though I’m older than Hoya.”

 

“Barely,” Sungyeol said. “Besides, you were going to have Sungjong hold the box! What if he got hurt?”

 

“So now you only care if Sungjong gets hurt?! What about me?” Myungsoo cried.

 

“See, trouble,” Woohyun said into the phone, rolling his eyes. “He always picks fights with my brother.”

 

“Yah! Don’t hit me!” Myungsoo cried as Sungyeol punched his shoulder.

 

“I do care about you, dummy. Why do you think I skipped out on timeout to sit with you and Sungjong? I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

 

Myungsoo sat there quietly, staring dumbfounded at Sungyeol. “Wait,” Sunggyu said, frowning at Sungyeol. “You didn’t go to timeout?”

 

“Angry hamster time!” Myungsoo shouted, hiding behind his older brother.

 

“Sungyeol,” Jonghyun said from the phone. “Did you disobey? And if you were in time out...That means you disobeyed twice.”

 

“He did!” Myungsoo shouted, coming out from behind Woohyun. He then picked up the phone and stared at it. “Hyungs, why are you talking to a robot?”

 

“Robot?” another voice cried. They turned to see Sungjong crawling over to them. “Myunggie hyung! I want to see the robot!”

 

“See!” Myungsoo cried, showing him the phone. “It’s talking to us! So its a robot.”

 

“Hyung~ I want a robot,” Sungjong said, turning to Sunggyu. Sunggyu laughed and ruffled his brother’s hair.

 

“It’s not a robot,” Sunggyu told him. “We’re talking to Sungyeol’s uncle.”

 

“This is his uncle?!”l

 

“No,” Woohyun said, trying not to laugh. “This is a phone. It’s something you use to talk to someone else when they’re far away from each other. Though, they’re very different from when I last saw one.”

 

“You can even send a message with it,” Sungyeol told them.

 

“I’ll show you,” Junsu added, joining in on the conversation. He took out his phone and showed it to them. “Look, there’s Yoochun’s name. If I click on this button, I can send him a message. Here, Sunggyu, put something in.”

 

Sunggyu took the phone and stared at the keyboard and white screen. “Um, how?” he asked.

 

“You just touch the letter you want.” Sunggyu nodded and typed in ‘Pabo,’ causing everyone to burst out laughing. Then Junsu took it back and showed them how to send it.

 

“Sooo cool!” Sungjong cried, taking Jae’s phone out of Myungsoo’’s hands. “Sungyeollie hyung’s uncle! Hi! I don’t know what you look like or anything but just so you know, Sungyeollie hyung is awesome! My name is Sungjong and Sunggyu hyung is my hyung!”

 

“Ah, it’s nice to meet you Sungjong. I’ll see you soon,” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Okay~ Here Gyu Gyu!” He gave the phone back and hopped away to find Jae and Yoochun.

 

“He’s energetic,” Jonghyun started, laughing.

 

“He is,” Sunggyu agreed. “Anyway, I should probably get Jae’s phone back to him. It was nice talking to you. Can’t wait to meet you in person.”

 

“Yes, you too.” Jonghyun replied. “I’ll help you as much as I can.”

 

“Thank you...Oh, and Sir? What’s the date and year?”

 

“It’s August 23rd, 2017.”

 

“2017...That means I’m already 18?” Sunggyu cried, staring at Woohyun. “Which means you’re 17? Them Myungsoo is...9.”

 

“Myungsoo’s already 9?” Woohyun asked, looking at his brother. “Doesn’t that mean Sungjong is 8?”

 

“Not yet. Remember the calendar I brought with me? I marked the day Sungjong was born. September 3rd. He still has a couple days to go.”

 

“Oh, I see. Anyway, thanks Jonghyun-sshi. My name is Nam Woohyun. It was nice talking to you.” Woohyun said. Then he handed the phone to Sungyeol. “End it. I don’t know how to work this thing.”

 

Sungyeol laughed and ended the call, before handing it to Junsu. “We’re almost home,” Sungyeol cheered.

 

“We are,” Sunggyu agreed. “Our new life is about to begin.”

 

“It is,” Woohyun replied. “And we’re starting it together.” He then leaned in and kissed Sunggyu on the lips. Life was about to begin.