Chapter Twelve

Orphan Hut

Woohyun had to physically press his teeth together to force them to stop chattering, and it didn’t help that there was water crashing down one every bit of skin and clothing that he had on.

           

“Gawd dammit, where are you Sunggyu?” he hissed, climbing underneath a row of rocks set above. “SUNGGYU!”

           

There wasn’t a response, but really, like Woohyun was expecting there to be. All he could hear was the rain outside, hitting against the sand and the ground and everything else there was to be hit at.

           

The thoughts in his mind flashed from the kids in the hut to his boyfriend, then back again. He hated leaving them because he’d promised Sunggyu that, in every way possible, he’d protect those kids. And even with his knowledge that thunder terrified Sungjong to death, he still disobeyed Sunggyu’s every warning.

           

But there was that other thing, you know, the possibility that Sunggyu was out there alone. And he didn’t want to run out and just scream everywhere because he was sensitive to these things, and if he got sick, Sunggyu would murder him to pieces until there was nothing left of Nam Woohyun.

           

Oh, but it, he thought. There would be no Kim Sunggyu to murder him if there was no Kim Sunggyu anymore.



 

“Hyung?”

           

Myungsoo’s words pierced through Sungyeol’s ears as the older boy sat up, pushing himself off the pillows.

           

“Yeah…”

           

“You’re awake?”

           

Fighting back his every thought to say no, duh, Sungyeol just silently nodded and kept his blanket huddled up against his chest. “Sunggyu hyung isn’t home yet?”

           

Myungsoo smiled at the pure sight of Sungyeol respecting Sunggyu to the least. “No…neither is Woohyun hyung.”

 

Looking down at the three sleeping boys, of Dongwoo and Hoya just holding each other and falling asleep (with the loner little Sungjong in the corner, don’t ever forget him of course), Sungyeol bit his lip and coughed. “He really loves him, huh?”

 

“Hmm?” Myungsoo asked because Sungyeol had said it only too quietly.

 

“Nothing, nothing,” Sungyeol rushed because all he could think about was  how he wanted a love like that.

           

And watching Dongwoo grab onto Hoya with everything he had, and watching Myungsoo brush Sungjong’s stray hairs away from the younger boy’s eyes, he wanted it more than anything.



 

“SUNGGYU!” Woohyun screamed, not even knowing why. Every shout that came from his throat was covered by the sound of the rain pounding on every surface there was. “HYUNG!”

           

Only the rain replied to him, and Woohyun just kept praying that after hours of this water it’d all just stop.

           

His hands were freezing, his tears were mixing in with the rain water, his jacket was too thin because it wasn’t even made of pure cloth, and his feet were covered by nothing but sandals. His head was hurting, his mind was dizzy, and everything around him just stopped him from thinking straight.

           

He wanted to scream right around now, in a mix of frustration and maybe, possibly, Sunggyu could hear him. But his throat was sore and the rain wasn’t doing anything to help him, so he kept his mouth shut tight.

           

So he just kept screaming in his mind, thinking that it might just be possibly that Sunggyu could, like, telepathically read his mind and –

           

Oh, okay, random bulging rock just lying around here in the only dry area for hours, it’s fine, Woohyun could just kick it aside –

           

“YAH, NAM WOOHYUN!”

           

Woohyun jumped a mile at the sound of the familiar voice, widening his eyes as he ran closer to the squishy object in the dry cave.

           

“SUNGGYU!”

           

“Dammit, Woohyun, I swear if you left a bruise there I am going to seriously kill you –“

           

“SUNGGYU!!!”

           

“No, I’m serious, my skin is already dying and I –“

           

However, he was cut off short when Woohyun threw his arms around him, tightening until Sunggyu swore he couldn’t breathe anymore.

           

“Yah, I have to live, I  need you feed you because obviously you can’t feed yourself, so stop cutting off my air supply –“

           

“Hyung,” Woohyun sobbed, still holding on tight, “what on earth are you doing in here?!”

           

“And you’re freaking wet, too, are you serious, running in the rain like that – oh, yeah, it started raining and I figured Dongwoo would be smart enough to go into a dry spot. Most likely this one. And seriously, why are you so wet?!”

           

“Hyung!” Woohyun didn’t bother to answer any questions because for Pete’s sake, he found Sunggyu.