상속~ Inheritance

용문신 ~ The Dragon Tattoo

Jiyong was silent, his monotonous face and pale complexion casting an eerie atmosphere around his slim frame; adding to the agitated, somber mood of the café. Onew had long since gone in to the house, almost pushed away by Leeteuk and wrenched from Jiyong’s lifeless grip. He had watched the scared boy disappear through the tables with a blank look, his body automatically leaning towards the direction of the house. Jiyong shut his eyes and started to massage his temples at the coming headache. He couldn’t believe it; he had really found him? After a period of 5 years, he had finally found the ultimate link to everything?

 

The silence continued dankly, the gentle yet splitting noise of the clock adding a rhythmic beat to the café. The distant noises of cars passing the streets echoed lightly around the room, and the shaded windows cast a gloomy shadow straight across the shop floor. Leeteuk felt agitation building up as he glared at the small figure in front of him; he felt that he needed the explanation for everything, or he would explode there and now. Just as he was about to break the blistering silence, Jiyong’s closed eyes suddenly snapped open, their original ferocity sharpened brilliantly. His gentle and authoritative voice gushed into the room, filling the empty silence like it had never existed before.

 

‘No need to ask me about this; you already know the whole story…’

 

Leeteuk blinked and opened his mouth to speak, but finding nothing to say, he shut his mouth again, waiting for the man to continue his speech.

 

Jiyong smiled at him and turned to the window, his face covering with a blemished shadow.

 

‘… Do you know the story of Youhee noonim and my brother?’

 

Leeteuk felt puzzled by his seemingly random question. Of course he knew their story – everyone who was faintly acquainted with the three main Jojic of Korea grasped the basic knowledge of that crucial contract: The vow that almost changed the whole country altogether, and the brutal murder carried out shortly after to prevent it from completing. He nodded in agreement.

 

Jiyong chuckled dryly. ‘Of course, you’ve heard of it a few times I presume… Well, let me get straight to the point; Lee Jinki, or Onew as you call him, is my cousin – the son of Lee Joon and Cha Youhee; the sole heir to Jojic Busan and Daegu… He was born straight before they were both killed. I had only learnt of his existence a few years after, where I had begun the search for him throughout the whole country… But to find him now, here of all places, in your care out of everything...’ He shook his head in disbelief. ‘It’s almost unbelievable.’

 

Leeteuk felt his mind plunge into deep turmoil. The whole situation, no the whole paragraph that he had just heard was too big for him to process instantly. He felt himself sinking to the floor.

 

‘Our Onew is… the contracted son…?!’

 

‘Yes, he is.’ Jiyong’s voice settled into a low, dreamy tone. ‘The one and only son of the woman who created the Daegu Jojic, and the man who created the Busan; the only existing link between the two…’

 

Leeteuk steadied himself and controlled his breathing: in, out, in, out… He knew what Jiyong was implying, and everything was fine – someone was in control, and all he had to do was to follow orders to the very last word.

 

‘..What should I do, sir?’

 

‘As expected, you understand me instantly.’ Jiyong turned back to him. ‘Jinki is going to be the key to everything; the two Jojic he is to inherit is in a chaotic mess – both attacking each other constantly; even I cannot prevent the occasional fights now and then…’ He sighed. ‘The matter will get worse as time goes, but he is too young to be entered underground just yet, and he won’t be safe with us… He is to stay with you.’

 

The last sentence was a clear order, and Leeteuk merely bowed. ‘As you wish.’

 

‘I will send someone to be with Jinki from now on – his name is Kim Kibum.’ He smiled. ‘A little pet I was growing… He’ll arrive in a few hours.’

 

‘Sir.’

 

Jiyong turned to go, but looked at him just as he opened the door. ‘I won’t be visiting from now on – No need to cause any more suspicion. I’m pretty sure that there is more than one spy following me around all over the place.’ He paused, his expression torn between a mix of longing and sadness. ‘Look after him… He’s the last I have.’

 

With a final ring of the bells, he was gone, a cold breeze entering the stuffy café as the door opened and closed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk clenched his teeth and gripped the phone tighter – he had to protect Onew’s identity. So many things depended on that small boy’s secrecy. If the Seoul Jojic heard about the heir of the murdered leaders…

 

‘.’

 

Without hesitation, he pressed the call button. It picked up immediately;

 

 

‘Jiyong Hyungnim.’

 

 

 

 

SO SORRY FOR THE UBER BORING CHAPTER!!! D: But unfortunately, these have to exist to make everything run smoothily without anyone going: 'WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? I DON'T ET IT =_=' :D how was it? and PLEASE PLASE COMMENT!! I LIVE TO SEE THEM :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/index.php/blog/view/1490/3

A little hint :D