~Prologue

용문신 ~ The Dragon Tattoo

A dark, crowded room; its deathly silence disturbed by the occasional muted sounds of pain. The cheap lighting flickers overhead, casting a damp silhouette of a slim figure sitting on a wooden stool. The figure lightly nods at the small group of thugs. They instantly retreat from their captive and bows deeply.

 

The bloody mass of a man groans as he sees the shadowed face.

 

Jaejoong stands up slowly. He lightly walks across the room and places himself next to the bound man. Gently, he reaches forward and pushes back a few strands of the man’s blood-caked hair. He smiles soothingly.

 

‘…So, that’s a total of 500,000,000 Won you owe us…’ He starts to the man’s hair. ‘and I’m guessing, you don’t have the money or the power to ever give us that sum of money back…’

 

The man starts to writhe in horror and tries to speak through the gag. Jaejoong looks at him in blank tranquility and carefully pulls the cloth away from the man’s mouth. The small underground room is instantly filled with a hoarse, cracked voice.

 

‘P-Please! Give me an another chance!! I don’t want to die…!’ His voice breaks with tears; the clear droplets slides down his ruined face.

 

‘You had your chance… It’s almost 2 years since the agreed payback…’

 

‘Just another couple of months! Please!’ The man scrambles on the floor and throws himself on front of Jaejoong. ‘Please… Please…!’

 

A heavy boot kicks him straight on the face. Blood spurts out and the man hits the opposite concrete wall; leaving a maroon smudge on the grey surface. The man turns his head and whimpers as he sees a pair of leather shoes advancing towards him. It stops in front of him and a gentle voice fills his ears.

 

‘I’m a patient and a generous man… You say that you have a son and a wife? Well then, how about this,’ He bends down to the man’s eye-level. ‘Sell them to me… and consider your dept paid…’

 

To Jaejoong’s amusement, the man instantly agrees, violently nodding as his words left his lips.

 

‘Do what you wish with them!’ The man attempts to grin eagerly, showing his bloody teeth. ‘As long as the dept is paid… I’m fine with it!’

 

Jaejoong chuckles emptily.

 

The man tries to laugh with him. ‘The boy’s name’s Lee Taemin! And his of a mother is called-’

 

A metal pole crashes down to the man’s head. The head splits with a distinguished crack; Jaejoong looks down on him and smiles softly.

 

‘Dept’s paid off…’

 

 

A/N to my lovely doengsaeng SuperSaphire ^^, Joongie_luv unnie, and of course.. UNDANKBAR unnie for inspiring me :)