Doomed

Lost Memory

 

IX

Haerim’s POV

 

“Aliiiiice! What time is it?!” I got up quickly and looked at the wall clock, its 7:00am!

I’m going to be late for sure, my class is 7:30 am and I have a quiz for the first period!

“Why didn’t you wake me? I’m gonna be late for sure!” I didn’t scold her though, I’m just panicking. Though Alice is the daughter of our housekeeper, she’s one of the good friends I have. She’s like a sister to me.

“I’m sorry, but it seems like you’re in deep sleep, so I didn’t bother to wake you up.” Alice said.

“Please, just call the driver already.”

“But Ahjumma made breakfast…”

“I don’t have time. Just tell her to make a delicious dinner later, ok. I need to go! Just eat it if you want.”

I don’t usually take a ride to school, but today, I’m desperate.

Fortunately, the gates are still open and I was still able to get inside the school.

I was running through the hallway, which is of course forbidden.

Siwon will really scold me for this, plus I wasn’t able to clean the gymnasium.

I bumped into someone and I fell on my .

“Ouch!” I cried.

I wasn’t able to see the persons face at first, and suddenly my vision became clear. I became pale as I saw whose face it was.

“You bumped into someone, plus running late in the hallway. WOW.” he said sarcastically.

“Jung Soo! What are you doing here?!” i was suprised to see him!

I got up and tried to fix myself. This is so embarrassing.

“Maybe it would be nice if you say sorry first, don’t you think?”

This is on it again, making my life miserable. But he has a point so I asked for forgiveness.

“You’re late too huh?”

“In fact I was early, I came from the school office to give reports.”

“How about the quiz?” I’m very worried. I almost fail this grading period.

“Oh, it was cancelled.”

I was relieved.

We walked to the classroom without saying anything to each other.

After the lesson, Mr. Kang told Jung Soo and me to go to the teacher lounge with him.

“As you know the music festival is fast approaching, I am quite aware that the two of you are not in good terms, and I think this is the time for you two to get along. Planning for the festival is not easy.”

I can see that Jung Soo is not interested in everything that Mr. Kang said.

“It may not sink in to you right now, but I know soon it will. Since you are the representative of the elite class, you two will be the chairman, and the in charge of the overall production.”

“But Mr. Kang, with just the two of us, I think it’ll be impossible to handle all the other classes.” I’m not used to handle big jobs and handling large crowds. I don’t have any experience in production or anything about musicals.

“That’s why you have to do your best, you can ask help from the other students, but I warn you, it’s not that easy.”

Mr. Kang gave out a deep sigh.

“I think that’s it, you may leave now.”

We were about to leave the room when he called on Jung Soo.

“Mr. Park, I need you to give me progress report every week. Remember you two, you only have two months to prepare.”

We arrived at the classroom and informed everyone about the music festival.

I looked around and no one seems interested, nobody’s listening, even Soo Hee, she’s busy listening to her iPod.

“Excuse me, will you please listen? We need to decide for the musical’s concept.”

“Anything will do!” someone shouted.

I’m so frustrated, and before I know it, Jung Soo is gone.

That wretch! Not helping me at all, I knew it!

I lost all hopes that I have and returned to my seat.

Soo Hee seemed to notice my frustrated face.

“Chill Haerim, here listen to this, it’s new.” She handed me the earphones and we both listen to it. I kinda feel relaxed. Kpop really makes me happy.

“What’s the title of the song?”

“Spy, it’s their newest.”

Right, I wasn’t able to get updates for a while, and God I miss it so much!

“Fangirling tonight! Sorry SJ!”

I will drown myself to kpop tonight to get out of frustration!

I’m still worried about how things are going to work out, today marks the beginning of my doom.