The SCO

Lost Memory

 

XII

The next morning, Haerim handed the papers to Mr. Kang asking for permission to make a committee out of the four classes, he seem to agree but Jung Soo must also affix his signature also as one of the representative.

She went to the classroom to find Jung Soo but he’s nowhere to be found. sHe tried asking some of their classmates but they have no idea where he is, his group is also nowhere to be found.

She thought about Siwon, since he’s the council president, he might be present and might be able to help her so she decided to go to the Student Council Office (SCO).

 

She arrived at the building where the SCO stands; she gathered all her courage and knocked three times. A slim and not-so tall man opened the door; the man appears to be the Student Council Secretary, Kim Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook let her inside the SCO and she sat at the receiving area.

She told him that she wants to talk to the president.

“Did you set an appointment?” he asked.

“No, I haven’t. I’m just here to ask.” She said. She’s a bit tense; the room is filled with a strict atmosphere.

“I’m afraid that would be impossible. The president is very busy right now…”

“I can still manage to answer a few questions.” Siwon interrupted him from behind. They gave Siwon a bow and Ryeowook asked for forgiveness.

 

They went inside Siwon’s office and she’s amazed to see how grand and extravagant his office is.

“Have a seat.” She took her seat feeling uneasy

“You have the guts to come here, you still have an unpaid punishment. I assume you forgot.”

“Yes, I’m sorry, but I promise after the festival I will do my punishment, times two!” she’s trying to make a deal with him.

“I’ll think about it, what is it that you want to ask?”

“I’m wondering if you know where Park Jung Soo is.” Siwon’s expression is bewildered, telling her that he needs more explanation.

She handed him the papers which she handed Mr. Kang earlier this morning.

“I wanted to get his signature so that a committee can be formed.” She continued.

“Did you just plan this by yourself?” he asked reading through the content of the letter.

“I got some helped from friends.” She answered.

“You and Jung Soo should be a team. You should consult him if you ever make plans.”

“I agree, but that would be impossible if he’s always not around. He doesn’t even care about school. I know that he’s your friend; I’m just telling what I have observed. I’m not badmouthing him.”

Siwon think for a moment. He can’t tell her where Jung Soo is (SM Entertainment), and then he wrote something on a piece of paper.

“I know it’s been difficult for you. I’ll try to talk to Jung Soo. Here’s his phone number and address.” He handed her the paper which contains Jung Soo’s number.

“Thank you so much! You’re a big help! I promise to pay my punishment twice!” she keeps on bowing to Siwon to express her heartfelt gratitude.

She tried calling Jung Soo after class but there’s no response. So she decided to go to the address Siwon had given her.

 

MEANWHILE…

“I gave your phone number and address to Haerim.” Siwon called Leeteuk and told him that Haerim had a meeting with him.

Teukie checked his phone and saw 10 missed calls from an unknown number. He’s been practicing whole day and he wasn’t able to update his phone.

“Why did you gave it to her?!” Teukie exclaimed.

“She’s been doing all the work ever since, I think it’s time for you to take responsibility.” Siwon explained.

“Why would I make a fuss about it? I have more important things to do, you know that.” Teukie tried to defend himself, using the practices as an excuse.

“We already talked about this Teukie that we’re going to balance everything. Do you want me to make an appeal to the president to ban you from practicing?” It’s rare for Siwon to use blackmail as a method to persuade a person, but for him it is necessary for Teukie.

“Aish! Araso!” Teukie hang up immediately. He is pissed off because he doesn’t want to take part in the musical, taking his representative position for granted. For him there’s nothing more important other than his entertainment career.