THIRTYFIFTH CHAPTER

Wicked Fate by Kenzo

 

Go and tell on yourself



The moment their lips touched, Ji felt it. Passion so thick you could get smothered by it.

And when he went past her moist lips and inserted his tongue inside , he knew he had been praying for it since that night more than a week ago when he had to walk away from her and fight what he was feeling.

Her response was immediate, absolute and totally delectable. The reason for the kiss might be something he had planned, pre-staged, predestined so to speak but the ual chemistry between them was as instant and as spontaneous as it could get.He had often thought how ironic it was that he should feel this way about her but there was no denying it. He really did need to slow down though, he thought, as their bodies began to fuse together and he continued to lap her up.

He would take things slow next time around. But now this seemed appropriate. This is what he wanted. And he was struck by the enormity of how much passion was in one single kiss. There was hunger, greed, and a desperation he hadn’t been used to before, but was getting familiar with now. For some reason, she felt right in his arms. Right in his mouth. Right with her body pressed intimately against his.

It wasn’t east buy he finally gained control and pulled back. She grasped for air the moment their mouths separated and after pulling air into his own lungs, he leaned back close to her, lowered his head beside her ear and whispered in a deep husky tone “I think we’re going to have the sweetest oranges this season.”

“You should” she told him knowingly and he took her hand to enter the glass hut. He flipped open soft yellow lights and walked her towards the center of the hut where they had the living room.

“That kiss made me think of skipping dinner all together” he told her jokingly, not wanting to push it but unable to help himself.

“It wouldn’t be right to skip dinner” she answered despite the deep blush of her cheeks.

“No” he agreed “It wouldn’t be right at all.”

He turned towards the kitchen as she busied herself with looking around – diffusing the … prolonging something they both wanted but knew should not rush into.

It had always been there, Ji admitted to himself now, but he had never let it take the best of him – not when he couldn’t help himself from wanting to tuck the tendrils of her hair whenever one would escape from her nursing cap, not when he found himself awestruck by her porcelain skin and the play of light against her eyes, not when he felt his pulse jump erratically every time she threw one of her intelligent comebacks after he tried to draw her ire… he had always had his control with him but being with her now gave the situation a totally different aspect.

They were in a place that he was sure no one with a big loud mega phone could just barge in to and in spite of the sweats she had on, he’d been trained in the military to disarm a bomb in the darkness with nothing but a bobby pin and a piece of gum, and it was not a hindrance at all.But she seemed to need more time from him and he didn’t want to rush her.

He knew that with just a push, she might give in but he didn’t want her to feel how unfair it was nor cry about it afterwards and feel she had been used for she was far more important than that to Ji.He paused in thinking and almost let slip the knife he was holding in order to slice the onions – what was he doing thinking about Dara being far more important to him than an answer to his need?!?! Wasn’t it that the only thing he had been fighting about was his physical attraction towards her?

There is nothing else into this, he told himself and looked at the woman wreaking havoc in his mind, busy looking around the living room.

“There is nothing else into this” he repeated to himself and prayed to God that that was indeed the truth.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------


You can’t stop the music



“I didn’t know you could cook” Dara told him as she heartily ate the samgyupsal he prepared.

“This isn’t really hard to do” he answered honestly “And this is actually the only thing I know how to cook that doesn’t come out of a carton box or a can.”

“Didn’t you have anyone cooking for you when you had offs from being on field?”

He shook his head “I liked spending time on my own a lot because I missed being tranquil without worrying whether the silence means you’re going to die soon. It’s not very often that we have spells of “actual” peace while on the battlefield.”

“I admire you for being able to do something like that” she replied sincerely “A lot of people might have gone crazy already.”

“I almost did too” he admitted “A lot of people do not realize that out there, you are more dangerous to yourself than the enemy and they sometimes take for granted those little triggers of insanity. It’s risky when you don’t admit to yourself how weak you are.”

“I’m glad.”

“Why?” he mused.

“Every time I talk to you like this… I see how much you’ve changed and I’m really happy. Grandpa always did say you were one of the most brilliant students – if not the most intelligent he had handled in school.”

“He said that?”

She nodded, remembering the old graying man, “He also said that your heart had always been in the right place but we just couldn’t see it through all that smoke you filled your surroundings with.”

“That sounds idealistic but Principal Park has always been a wise man.”

“He is” she agreed and reached out for the glass of wine beside her “It’s too bad, though, that I wasn’t able to get too much of that wisdom.”

“Really?” Ji asked.

She emptied the glass of wine before answering “I’ve been told never to get myself all alone with a playboy.”

“Who’s the playboy you’re talking about?” he feigned innocence, taking a sip of wine as well.

“Why you, of course” she answered boldly with a raised brow “I never would have imagined in my life that a day might come and I’ll be eating samgyupsal and drinking wine with the great Jeju-do dragon.”

“Just goes to prove that a lot of things you’ve never thought of before could happen to your life.”

“I don’t think you get taken aback by things like this, though” she told him “You just always go with the flow and let your imagination take you on what you should be doing next.”

“Not all the time my dear Nurse Park” he clarified.

“Really?”She couldn’t believe anything would still take him by surprise. His own life was full of surprises that she was sure he might have somehow gotten used to it already.

“I still get surprised a lot and honestly, I like it better that way. It wouldn’t be fun at all if I became numb about surprises, don’t you think?”

“I just meant that you always seem unfazed.”

“I’m just better at hiding things.”

“Like what?”

“You would really want to know the answer?” he asked coyly and Dara knew that whatever they do tonight, whatever they talk about, and wherever they both might be… it was going to head to THAT… they couldn’t stir clear of it.

“I feel scared of it” she finally admitted – the very first time she had acknowledged the presence of the walking around like a humongous elephant in this hut “I don’t know why it’s like this with you… I don’t even know if I’m the only one feeling this way but don’t you think it’s weird?”

“I’m not sure if it is indeed weird” JI answered, admiring her honesty and brazenness in tapping into that subject he’d been trying his best not to recognize for her sake.

“What do you mean you’re not sure?”

“We’re both “men of science” aren’t we? Why don’t we start off with a hypothesis about what’s going on?”

She laughed, not expecting the turn of the conversation “A hypothesis?” she repeated.

“Yes” he confirmed “Like maybe we’re both created with live wiring that whenever we touch, electricity just comes out…”

She laughed harder at his “detective” look. He seemed to want to really solve the CASE of explosive chemistry they both had. “We can always check for evidences” she added – abandoning caution to the wind.

“I do think we should” Ji agreed as Dara felt the tingles from her hand slowly rising up and circulating throughout her whole body. He was staring at her again – intently and with conviction.

“How do we start doing that?” she asked and wanted to thank the wine she had been drinking – it was uninhibiting her VERY effectively.

“We should start with an experiment” he answered and stood up from where he was seated to take her hand. “Did you feel that?” he asked her as electricity once again coursed through both of them.

“We’re made of live wire then?” she checked.

“We have to support that hypothesis with more than just that touch if we’re going to defend it” Ji replied seriously and circled his hands at her waist “Would you allow me to spearhead THIS experiment?”

She knew they were beyond joking now and what Ji was telling her was that it was still all in her hands in spite of the enormity of their passion for one another. Dara couldn’t believe that he would even ask in spite of the obvious fact that she was raring for it as well. It touched her how he still thought of her and stupid as it was, something inside her unleashed itself and began to sniff the air – HOPE had come to her that maybe there was something more into this than mere – dangerous and foolish HOPE.