Awkward

Demon Spawn

Hyunseung's POV

I sigh when I leave the concert with Chung Ae and I swear my ears were going to fall off.

“Ugh... this is why I like being on stage.”

She laughs at me and smiles softly, “I really had a fun time with you today. I had to lie to Doojoon, but it was definitely worth it. I never thought you would be so much fun.”

I give her a smirk, “Of course I’m fun.”

She turns her head and gives a really look as she says, “Prove it.”

I lean forward and grab her hand and look around, “Let’s go to the dance room.”

“Alright, off to the secret base,” she says.

Did she drink anything?

I stop to think about it as we walk to my car and from what I know she didn’t.

When we make it back to the campus we sneak into the practice room.

“What do you want to do?”

She walks up to me and smiles shyly, “I want to dance.” She looks down, “For some reason for the last few days I keep thinking about dance and dancing with you. I’m not sure what that means, but I know that for some reason I can’t dance unless I’m close to you. I tried at my apartment and I just couldn’t I felt afraid.”

I put my hands together behind my back and start pinching myself while I mumble, “I have to be dreaming.”

I keep pinching myself she seems to notice pulling my hands from my back as she gives me puppy eyes.

“We still have a deal, Hyunseung.”

“Doojoon doesn’t want you in danger.”

“I don't’ care. We made a deal,” she says in a stern annoyed tone.

“I’m sorry, but I have to break the deal we made because I don't want you to be in danger.”

“Why would you care?”

“Because I like you,” I tell her afraid to look at her face.

“You like me?” she sounds so confused.

I nod my head, “I didn’t think I did, but I talked with someone about it and they told me that I’m falling in love. I’m afraid of that. I’m afraid to get hurt again.”

I feel her wrap her arms around my neck, “I won’t hurt you.”

“It will if I’m the reason that your ex finds you again and you get hurt.”

“I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.”

I know she’s lying to me that in truth she’s terrified of what can happen to her.

“How about we dance and make up our minds in the morning.”

She nods her head and we keep on dancing until we are so tired we dropped to the floor side by side.

I turn to face her to see her face in a new kind of light. I watch as the moon reflects off her face letting me see how beautiful her face looks. I reach over and touch her cheek as I notice that she’s asleep.

“How is it whenever I see you my mind clouds up with thoughts of you making it so I can’t think clearly? Am I falling in love with you? I’m afraid if I am, because I don’t want to be hurt again. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”

I look up as she moves closer to me and wraps her arms around my waist.

I lay on my back and pull her head to my chest.

I carefully pull my sweatshirt over to us and lay it over her.

I wake up to someone kicking me pretty hard.

Still I feel even breathing on my side so I know that it’s not that I have to worry about Chung Ae being awake.

I look up to see the guys.

I would shoot up, but Chung Ae has a good grip on me.

I look at Doojoon and ask, “How do I wake her up?”

In the background I still hear the music playing from last night.

“What the hell is this?”

I hear someone mumble, “Dance. Let me keep dancing. I still can dance like this. Let me dance. Just don’t let me fall back down.”

I look down at her sadly and carefully shake her, “Chung Ae, you should wake up. You have classes in an hour.”

Her head pops up and she notices the guys shrugs wraps her sweatshirt around her shoulders, “Bye.”

When she leaves I feel my chest tighten at not being able to see her and how she was so nonchalant about this.

“Better explain this,” Doojoon says.

“I took her to a concert to make up to her for something that I knew nothing about. After that we came in here and danced until we dropped.”

Kikwang believes me mostly because why would I lie to them, “So why did she take off with your favorite sweatshirt?”

I shrug, “Maybe cause I let her.”

It’s silent and a bit awkward not that I care because I realize that I have a reason to talk to Chung Ae later.