Unsure Feelings Asking for Help

Demon Spawn

Hyunseung's  POV

What?

Like her more than a friend…

How did she know?”

Still I’m not ready to tell her…

“Ahh, no I worry about you as a friend. That’s what friends are supposed to feel right?”

She doesn’t seem too believe me.

Your POV

I wanted him to say he liked me more than a friend for some reason and now I’m all alone with these feelings I don’t understand.

I laugh to myself and think of what Mei once told me, “With love comes pain. Greater the pain, greater the love.”

I look up too see Hyunseung looking at me looking as confused as i feel.

I look at the time and sigh, “Hyunseung, look school is officially over and I have a feeling I’m going to be dragged to dinner soon. I’ll see you later.”

I start to walk away hoping he’d grab me like all those dramas I watch, but instead he simply stands there.

When i reach the stairs I open the door and start to walk down when I’m a good distance I feel tears falling from my eyes.

“This is a cruel joke. I told myself that guys like him are not too be trusted… but Demon is nothing by far like him…”

I feel a shiver run down my spine thinking of him.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and before I can do anything I hear a familiar voice.

I look behind me too see Hyuna smiling at me.

“Hi, Hyuna,” it’s funny to think that the two of us are friends now.

I guess it could be said about me and Hyunseung.

“Hi, are you alright?”

I shake my head and slide down the wall.

She looks around and kneels down by me, “Do you want to talk about it?’

I nod my head and she smiles, “Then here isn’t exactly a great place to do so.”

I realize she’s right I mean Hyunseung’s fangirls may hear us.

“Umm… Yea, your right. Where can we go?’

“How about your apartment since you live off campus?”

We start walking to her car and slip inside.

“How did you know?”

“Please everything the guys know I know.”

“Junhyung tells you everything?”

She shakes her head, “No. We’re not that close really I’m more so helping him get close to the girl that he likes. She’s my roommate.”

I laugh, “Man the guys think you 2 are an item.”

“We’re not. i mean we were like a year or 2 ago after I broke up with Hyunseung.”

“You dated the Demon Spawn?”

“1. Yes, I did for about a year then we broke it off realizing we were better off as friends. 2. I know that you’re close friends with him and not really being forced to be in the competition anymore.”

I look too see we’re at my apartment and open my door and walk up to the front door unlocking the first door to the building and when i get too my door I type in my code.

When we walk in I tell her to sit down as I grab two glasses of water.  

When I walk into my living room she’s situated on my couch as she looks up at me.

She points to a picture of Doojoon and me questioning.

“Ahh I guess they didn't tell you that Doojoon and I were practically brother and sister growing up. Doojoon looked after me and when he left I dated my ex and now when it’s a little over a year since I saw my ex Doojoon shows up again. I feel a bit guilty.”

“Why?”

“Cause Doojoon has feelings for me.”

“Of course he does he’s like your brother.”

I shake my head as i look at the ceiling, “No, it’s more than that. It’s always has. I just pretended I don’t know. I had told him that I loved him the last time I saw him when we were little kids. I bet he wants me too still love him like I did back then or maybe more. I have always loved Doojoon and fro a while I thought it was more than brother sister love… but it isn’t.”

“Why drag it on for this long?”

“I always call him my brother and everything. I thought he’d get the drift that’s how I feel for him, but…”

“That doesn’t mean it can’t create a ray of hope even if it’s tiny.”

“I want to shed light on my feelings for him, but I’m scared too. I mean he’s my brother and I’m scared that it’ll make things weird. I mean his parents practically raised me.  They became my parents and he became my brother. While my real parents don’t seem too remember I exist unless I make a scene especially after I was hospitalized after my ex attacked me.”

“Maybe it’s because you pushed them away.”

I shake my head as I look up at the ceiling, “No, I tried everything too be close too my parens since I was young, but when that happened I gave up tried for a little bit and they didn’t care. I stopped caring. It’s too hard on me too keep wondering if my family cares about me or if they hold any kind of feelings for me.”

Hyuna doesn’t say anything, “So you replaced your family with Doojoon’s family.”

I don’t even hesitate as I nod my head, “Yeah. I did. Because my family no longer exists in my as that family. they are a group of people that I know.”

Hyuna doesn’t smile or laugh she simply frowns at me, “That’s horrible. So what is Hyunseung too you?”

I look away from her and whisper, “I’m not sure. I know I care about him. I’m not sure if it’s cause I like him as a friend, brother, or a lover.”

“Hyunseung is a great person. He’s just a bit annoying at times.”

I laugh as I nod my head, “So why did the two of you break up?”

“I wasn’t sure of my feelings for him…”

“So what you cheated on him?”

she nods her head, “Truthfully I went out with a few friends complaining about my feelings so 1 of them told me to sleep with some other guy. I listened to her and Hyunseung walked in on us. I regret it and just happy that he let me back into his life.”

I nod my head not completely surprised by her confession, but she’s a pretty great person.

“Don’t you want him back?”

she shakes her head, “Not after i hurt him like that. I’m afraid to face him for what i did. Even with us being friends again. I still feel awkward around him even though it’s been 3 years.”

I nod my head not knowing how she’s feeling and I know it’s better if I keep my mouth shut.

She looks at me and smiles, “You’re a better match for him then I am. He needs someone like you.”

I don’t question her even though I don’t agree.

 

It stays like this until she heads back to her dorm.

 

“See you Hyuna,” I tell her as I give her a hug.

“See you Chung Ae,” she says back as she hugs me back and leaves.

I watch her go as I sit down in my favorite spot near my window and over look what’s outside my apartment.

Her advice rings in my head, “Just hang listen to your heart and it’ll tell you what you feel for him. Trust me it’s better to take your time and figure things out instead taking bad advice and rushing things like I did. think about things, but don’t over think. If you ever need someone to speak too beside Doojoon I’m always here for you and I’m sure Junghyun will help you too. Your heart is still healing. Maybe while it’s healing you’ll figure it out and he can help heal it.

I lean back in my spot looking at the now black sky and street light buildings.

Everything looks so empty, but I know once the sun starts to rise everything will be more lively than it is now.