Questions Upon Questions

Demon Spawn

Doojoon’s POV

I want to return the feelings that she used to have for me, but every time I think about telling her how I feel I freeze up. She use to feel love more than a brother for me, but since I had left she might not feel that way for me anymore. She might have found someone to love without realizing that she loves that person like a lover more than me her fake brother. I know that she still cares for me, but just how much is that care.

I feel a poke at the side of my head and look up to Junhyung staring at me.

“What?”

“Are you going to do your school work or are you going to stare off at your computer like that?”

“Oh I guess I was doing that.”

“What happened between you and Chung Ae?”

“She told me that she loved me when we were growing up. The reason she dated her ex was because he had reminded her of me, but then he changed. She blames herself for what happened. She’s still afraid. Yet, she seems to be growing up. She still tries to wallow in her own pain by herself as she lets everything crash in.”

Junhyung looks at me and sighs, “You care about her I can see that, but can I ask what kind of feelings are behind all of this?”

I look at him and I feel myself confused, “I’m not sure what I see her as. I’ve known her since we were toddlers. All I can see her as is a little sister, but I feel that I love her almost more than a sister yet not as a lover.”

Hyunseung’s POV

I heard all of Doojoon’s and Junhyung’s short conversation and I feel my chest tighten.

I think of Chung Ae and decide that I’m going to apologize to her…

If she’ll accept it.

This is definitely a first for me.

I look around to notice that no one is paying attention to me especially since it’s only been a week since they found out how I had backstabbed them... well more Doojoon and Chung Ae than anyone else.

I sigh until my phone goes off telling me that I have a message.

I look to see that it’s from Chung Ae.

I open the message and read it, “We need to talk, now.”

I message her back, “Alright, I’ll meet you in the practice room in 10 minutes.”

I don’t get a message back right away instead it’s about 10 minutes later until I get a message that reads, “Better get there fast before I tell the fangirls and leave you to get mobbed.”

I roll my eyes and sneak out of the dorm and to the practice room. I sit down by the mirrors and wait for Chung Ae to show up.

My head pops up when I hear the window being opened.

I watch as Chung Ae sneaks into the dark room in black pants and a black and white jersey jacket on.

gOZxHBjx7dwdI6HzZ8HbqB6JfX2eMHZeS3mvWuOJ

“Well don’t’ you look nice,” I tell her as she looks my way.

I notice that her hair is down to hide that she isn’t wearing her glasses, “Thanks.”

“What do you want to talk about?”

She pulls a folded piece of paper from her pocket and holds it out to me, “Look.”

I walk over to her and take the paper and unfold it, I notice that it’s an English test with a 100% written on it, “Why are you showing this to me?”

“We made a deal remember. If I pass the test with more than 90% than the deal is still valid. Hyunseung that’s the best I've done on a English test since my ex had almost killed me. I think I need to stop being so scared of my past catching up with me and try to walk straight. I want to face my past the way that I love. I miss dance, but if I do this can you help me until I can stand on my own feet?”

I watch her and slowly nod my head, “I’m not sure how much help I’ll be, but I’ll try to. I’ll stay by your side as long as I can.”

The way she smiles at me makes my heart light.

“Can I get to know more about you and your past?” I ask her not feeling completely sure of myself since I was a kid.

She nods her head slowly, “Sure I guess I can tell you what you want to know?”

“Why pretend to be a nerd and ugly when in fact you're beautiful?”

She blushes, “I don’t’ like people paying attention to me after my ex attacked me. I was afraid that people would notice just how scared I really am.”

“What did he do?”

“He tried to kill me. I was in the hospital for a matter of 2 months because I was a pain to keep inside my room. I had laceration to my stomach, arms, and legs. I was lucky that oppa showed up in time. I went through therapy for 2 months well in the hospital and then I had to take it for another year.”

Her face seems a bit down, “What is your connection to Doojoon?”

“I’ve known him since I was a toddler my family moved next door to his and our mothers became close friends and soon so did we. First I thought he was an annoying boy that was babysitting me until I turned 16 and I protected him from a group of fangirls ever since then I find him less annoying.”

“Did you ever kiss someone before?” where did that question come from?

She shakes her head, “No, I’ve never kissed someone before. Sure, I’ve felt strong feelings for people but I’ve never been kissed.”

“Have you ever been in love?”

She gives me a look, “What’s with these questions? Ugh, I think I was in love once, but I’m not sure of the feelings.”

“What do you mean?”

She shakes her head, “Have you ever been in love?”

“Once I was, but I was hurt in the end.”

“How did she hurt you?”

“She broke on my heart. Stepping on it and breaking it into a million pieces. I kept giving her chances, but after that I gave up and stopped letting myself being stepped on by woman.”

“Not all women are evil and back stabbing.”

“It’s the same with men.”

“How about we help each other over our distaste for those of the opposite gender?”

She seems to be thinking for a while until she looks back over at me and nods her head, “Alright. Let’s try to help each other, but you need a better way to apologize for blackmailing me.”

“How about I take you… To a concert?”

“What concert?”

“Lee Hi… I think I heard you say you like her music.”

She smiles, “Really you’d take me to see 1 of her concerts. I love her new song, Rose.”

“Alright, I’ll see what I can do.”

I walk away from her questioning if I’ve still sane or not.