Pain Caused by Love…?

Demon Spawn

Your POV

I’m curled up on my bed in my dorm room wishing that I was dead that I hadn’t called Doojoon that a few years ago.

The first time I talked to him was for him to save my life.

I touch where my stomach is and where the scars of the blade are.

I don’t have a roommate so I’m able to wallow in my pain.

I wipe away my tears as the sound of Hyunseung’s voice as he talked about everything like it wasn’t his problem.

“That stupid Demon Spawn. I’m going to gut you when I get a hold of you!”

I hear someone knock on my door and ask, “I hope you’re not talking about me.”

I’m shocked that Doojoon decided to come to my dorm room.

I slowly open the door with the chain still attached.

“Doojoon-oppa, what are you doing here?”

“I finally talked myself to come to the dragon’s den and ask if you want someone to sit and listen to you.”

I smile at him, quickly unbolt my door, and jump in his arms, “Thank you so much, Doojoon-oppa.”

“It’s alright I’ll always be here for you.”

I nod my head into his chest and he smiles down at me, “I still can’t remember why I have you call me oppa.”

I laugh a bit and hit his chest lightly as I let him into my dorm.

“It’s because I’m a year younger than you.”

He nods his head, “I don’t think you should call me oppa anymore, okay?”

I’m a bit confused by this, but still I nod my head, “Alright, Doojoon.”

I poke him in the side as we sit on the small couch that I have in my dorm room. He pokes me back and I laugh slightly.

“Ahh I forgot you’re ticklish on the side,” he stops smiling and becomes serious, “You were thinking of being better off dead weren’t you.”

He’s not questioning me and he knows that I was since we grew up together and I’ve never really changed.

I look at him and smile sadly, “You know me too well. Want to hear something?”

He nods his head so I tell him, “I always had a crush on you. That’s why I said yes when he had asked me out. He reminded me of you for a while, but then he found out about you and started to get mad. At first, he would just yell at me, but then that night he hit me into the wall and would just start screaming at me. When he left I had a feeling that wasn’t the end and I was right he came back in a little bit matter and just started beating on me. When I got away from him I called you, but he broke through the door. I was lucky you were close by or else I think he would have killed me.”

He pulls me into his arms, “I love you, Chung Ae. I’m not sure if it’s a brotherly love or a love you have for your lover.”

I hear him take a gulp of air and I know if I look up I’ll see tears in his eyes, “I should have known what you felt for me. I should have sensed the guy wasn’t a good person when I met him. I should have pulled you away and told you what I thought of him, but I didn’t. I’m so sorry.”

He tucks my head under his chin as I’m pulled into a tight hug.

I let myself cry out my sorrows something I never allowed myself to do after that night that my ex tried to kill me out of jealousy that I still thought of Doojoon, my big brother figure that I loved more than anything. I still think I somewhat deserved being beat the way I was for tricking and lying to him thinking that maybe I’d fall in love with him.

“You didn’t deserve being beat the way he beat you. You were in the hospital for 2 months and had to go through physical therapy and mental therapy. You may have started off on a bad term, but you had pure intentions of getting over a love that you didn’t’ think you could go through with.”

I smile into his chest as I cry, “You always know what I’m thinking. Always know what to say. Yet when I try to talk to you when you’re troubled all I think of is jumbled words. That’s why I always did aegyo to cheer you up. Somehow I always thought that it worked better than if I tried to talk you out of them.”

He hugs me tighter, “It’s cause I knew that you wanted me happy that you were willing to embarrass yourself doing stupid things and cute faces. I knew you only do those things for the people that you care about.”

I nod my head and pull away from him, “Yup so consider yourself lucky.”

He nods his head and smiles at me. I see him staring at my lips so I look down away from him. I feel like he would just kiss me because he feels sorry for me. Knowing what I’m thinking he sits there as he turns on the TV.

Hyunseung’s POV

I’m sitting in my large apartment that I share with the guys.

Everyone is avoiding me soon everyone is coming inside except Doojoon.

“Hey, where’s Doojoon?”

I want to apologize to him and ask if he’ll be there well I apologize to Chung Ae.

“Oh he went to Chung Ae’s dorm. He said that he was worried about her.”

“Hyunseung,” I look up at Junhyung and he continued, “What the hell were you thinking blackmailing someone into being your dance partner?”

I don’t answer him. I simply keep thinking/wondering if Doojoon has romantic feelings for Chung Ae.

“Junhyung, what do you know about Doojoon?”

He sighs, “I know that Chung Ae isn’t his blood relative, but a friend that lived across the street. He is in love with someone that he knew from his childhood. Then there’s everything that we know.”

I nod my head a bit jealous that Chung Ae he knew her before I even had a chance to meet her.

Wait, the hell am I thinking who cares about Chung Ae.

I just wanted her to help me win the dance competition.

Why would I think such a thing like that, then?

“Like I knew anything about her when I told her that she needed to help me with this. She could have fought more for not being my partner.”

“Hyunseung this is the first time I’ve ever heard you say something so stupid. You were blackmailing her with her secret. If people heard about it, it would be the end of it. Especially with those fangirls that never seem to want to leave us alone. Also I mean they know where we stay. If they find out that she’s using our practice room they’d kill her especially with her being alone in a room with one of us.” He sighs, “I thought you’d become more mature after we got into college, but now I see you’ve never changed have you. What I’ve heard about Chung Ae  is besides her nasty past she’s perfectly pure and innocent in her mind well except her short temper.”

I nod my head and look up at Junhyung, “So what is the story between Chung Ae and Doojoon?”

“I’m not completely sure except they were neighbors and close friends growing up, but they lost contact.”

“Is that all?”

“Yeah, Well except Doojoon doesn’t let anyone mess with her. So be careful the week or so or else he may snap on you.”